Roadway Express Inc. / Terrible place

Phone: 760-246-4101

I have the necessary documentation to back up these claims.

Ri

Comments

• Bi
      6th of Apr, 2009

They are going to be out of business fast no worries. They lie as much as UTi Transport, FairPricedShipping and Tyler Sheff.

• Mu
      16th of Apr, 2009

were you on drugs...yes or no?..if yes...shut your pie hole..you got what you deserved.

• Ya
      21st of Apr, 2009

Why is it that when someone gets fired from Roadway, suddenly its a terrible company? If you were doing drugs and you got busted, you got what you deserved. Bottom line, you know that Roadway can and will give urine tests to the employees so why would you risk your employment?
    Frankly, I think you have some nerve to question any of the errors they made if the urine test was positive, then thats ground for them to fire you.
    I can't stand these people that want to fight a urine test when they know they were using drugs and its very clear that you are not permitted to use and work for Roadway, get a grip, I agree with mudflap you got what you deserved!!!

• Sm
      27th of Apr, 2009

I am Laid Off in Denver after 7 years of service to this crappy company. They are purpousely running it into the ground and spending all assets as fast as they are coming in. We just got railroaded by our Union to take a 10% pay cut so the Union and Company can swindle our hard earned monies away from us.

This company is NOT going to be in business much longer. The Top CEO's of this company aren't quite yet ready to let their stealing stop yet. If you got laid off from YRC recently...FInd a JOB NOW...They are trying not to make the company succeed and it is all smoke and mirrors to the customers that they are...They are just buying time to make it less painful for themselves when they SHUT THE DOORS FOR GOOD...Just like Consolidated Freightways, N.W. and several other Union companies have done in the recent past...Shame on these GREEDY ###!! Judgement will fall on them though. They will get theirs. Just wait and see. I think Bill Zollars former CEO of Roadway should be investigated. THis guy was giving himself 6 million dollar bonuses when the company was losing money!!!

Go away YRC. I'd rather be unemployed than see you succeed. Your a ### pile company with ### pile people running it into the ground...ON PURPOUSE>>>> SHUT YOUR DOORS AND QUIT LYING TO PEOPLE ALREADY SCABS!!! Local 17 should be fired..ALL THESE GUYS ARE COMPANY SUCK ### SCABS> SIMEONE< RAMOS< all of em...TRASH!!!

• Si
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I have worked for Roadway Express for over 14 years. I have worked as a driver, switcher, and dockworker. I REALLY LIKE MY EMPLOYER, AND MY JOB! Roadway has been very good to me over the years. I have given my customers the best service possible. On a daily basis, as a service center, I have watched management and Teamsters bend over backwards as a team, just to satisfy one customer at a time. Currently I am watching 3 fellow employees retire. Combined they have about 95 years of service. they are the best at what they do, and I have learned tremendously from them. Hopefully the legacy will continue. They say one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. If you show up to work, to actually put a days work in, then they leave you alone. If you are a worthless employee, milking the clock, what employer would want you anyways? This economy is teaching the junior employees what a great job they have. They may not have realized it before, but they sure get it now. I can see why fired employees are bitter. They know that they will never get another job like this again.

• Re
      30th of Dec, 2009

well i also being a former roadway express emplyee i have seen first hand that once you are marked with management it is only a matter of time before they eliminate you. i have also heard first hand that you are allowed a 2nd chane if you attend a couseling class for drugs or alcohol. And most of all being a teamster i belive that we schould not have to loose our jobsforour shortcomings unless if iteffecting our performance nor do I agree being under the influence or the useof drugs on or off the job.

22nd of Jun, 2011
    Roadway Express Inc. - Rip off
    Roadway Express Inc.

I was fired from the job I had for 23 years. Because of an Illegal, none standard, none contractual, drug (urine)test given to me by my employer, Roadway Express Inc. I have documented more than 40% errors done in the collection and testing procedure according to DHHS, DOT, and Teamster National Master frieght Agreement. Most of these errors were not simple administration errors, but were major gross errors. Which should have qualified for the 'test' being thrown out. These include but not limited to, wrong time, (3 hrs. difference, wrong assecession number, wrong Medical Review Officer, not allowed to have reading glasses to see or sign for urine sample, Obvious forgery on my Control and Custody form. Obvious omitting of data on CCF, missing urine sample, Artical 35 section4 B of NMFA was not given at all. And much, much, more. As if this was not enough, the urine collection site, which is also a hospital, has no record of me ever being there. At the teamster/management hearing, Roadway lied, altered the rules of evidence. Thus denying me the right of Due Process. I have the necessary documentation to back up these claims.

• Sg
      6th of Aug, 2011

yrcw is a scab company now. i went through strikes, terminations, to have a good contract. good pay, benifits, and a great pension. kiss it all good bye. you dumb ### that voted for all these cuts, no more pension, 5.00 an hour cut in pay, you should be ashamed of your selves. the company played the take it or we will close down. bull ###, close it up. they say well, you still have a job, and medical. yay but after you guys did this, everybody jumped on it. abf for example, they told the company get screwed, voted the cuts, down, a year ago, still in business. yrc managment are sitting back laghing there ### off. and wiping there tears from laughing with all the money there making on you fools. the frieght when i started had over 100 union companies. now there is only 1, , , , abf, , please abfers, dont ever fall for the companies tactics, , , , were broke give us back, learn by yrscab.