Roadway Express / Poor, poor customer service

Waiting for a delivery and apparently yellow freight and roadway have merged. Item shipped to yellow and they do not service my area. Roadway finally calls to set delivery date and I take the day from work only to be called and advised that they can't delivery on the scheduled date. They are only 25 minutes from my house but won't accomidate me. Poor, poor customer service! I can take a lot but customer service is important to me and the lack thereof.

Ch

Comments

• Sh
      11th of Apr, 2011

EVERONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB OF NEW JERSEY!
    YRC has a "B" rating with only 1 complaint filed! Mine makes 2! We need to give them a more accurate rating "F". The more comlaints that are filed, the lower rating they will get!

• Co
      13th of Mar, 2012

Roadway Express or Yellow Freight have the poorest customer service ever. We were shipped 3 pieces of furniture. The driver that delivered the shipment looked to be about 90 years old and weighed about 100 pounds. Stood with his hands on his hips and told me (a lady) that I had to get it off the truck. Seems to me if you are delivering freight that the delivery is not complete until you get it off your truck. Roadway is now charging me an extra $231.33 to come back with this on a left gate trailer. This is in addition to the $747.00 I have already paid to have it delivered. What made me even more mad was I was quoted $75.00 to redeliver with a lift gate but when the driver came back it was $231.33. I now have in big bold letters on my purchase orders to never ship anything to me via Roadway or Yellow freight and I will encourage everyone else to do the same. Save yourself the grief and do not do business with Roadway or Yellow Freight. I have to add that out of the thousands of shipments I have received that Roadway & Yellow freight is the only company that I have had this problem with. They do not care about the customers. What they do need to understand is you building a business one customer at a time and you can lose a business one customer at a time.