Roadway Express / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:

My husband has worked for Roadway for 9 years.He was transferred to another terminal and we spent a great deal of money relocating.6 weeks later they laid him off.The union does not protect the employees and the labor practices of this company are horrible.There is absolutely no job stability or certainty working for these people.I hate Roadway. Since Yellow bought the company it is WORSE.

You do not want to work for these idiots unless you want a 1000% stress level.Roadway=BADWAY!!! We are now in great financial stress because of this.

How can you relocate an employee 400 miles and then lay them off after 6 weeks?? UNFAIR!!!
Va

Comments

Cl
  27th of Oct, 2008
As a former employee of Roadway Express I can sympathize with Cyrill.I gave 15 yrs of my life to
Roadway and my reward was getting layed off every holiday that rolled around.My boss said he
was told to lay someone off and since I was the junior man he had no choice, yet after the holidays
are over I find out every driver at my terminal made a lot of overtime.Certainly not fair and the
union did nothing to investigate these allegations.It's been 3 years since I left terminal 710 in
Daytona Bch.Fla and it was the best move I ever made.So to all who read this there is life after
Roadway Express and the teamsters so don't be afraid to make that move, you won't regret it.
Mu
  16th of Apr, 2009
roadway wasnt the best place to work for...agreed...but things have gone to hell in a handbasket since yellow bought roadway...gone from bad to worse?... gone from bad to nearly intollerable... every single day i wonder if i have a job..or how many people they are going to lay off this week or the next...poorly mangaed...poorly planned...yellow management is absolutely dragging down everyone...makes me wonder where4 these guys went to college...they arent the best and brightest and they sure as hell dont know freight!!!