RN Superpass (Real Networks) / Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

1 Leonardtown, MD, United States Review updated:

Real Networks has been billing my credit card for Jan-Mar 2009 without any authorization. Real Networks is one of the branch services from Real Audio along with Rhapsody, Real Arcade and other services. I did download the Rhapsody player and specifically remember NOT subscribing to additional services for music, video and game downloads and I never provided a credit card number. I charged a one time sign up fee for Real Audio Premium services way back in 2002. I guess they grab credit card information on file and move it to their other service fees when they need more money.

I was able to contact a RN Superpass rep at the [protected] number and successfully cancelled the service. There seems to be several complaint website on this company doing the same thing to a great number of people from around the world. Keep an eye on you monthly statements. don't let anyone charge you for what you have not signed up for. This is about the third time various companies have pulled the same thing on me.

Go

Comments

• Ke
      5th of May, 2007
    Real One SuperPass - The pass work does not work

I have tried to use my pass work for five hours, no response. I am on the fourteen day trail , I will end it immediately. Don't be pulled into this fraud.

• Se
      29th of Mar, 2011

Can I post here a diabolical incident with this SuperPass thing? In summary, I accidentally ordered SuperPass (since a check box was added to something else I was ordering, so I signed up for a trial and was going to be charged after the trial). Having spotted this immediately, 5 mins later I had a long dialogue with one of their support staff who assured me that is was all cancelled as I asked. I took the opportunity to dump the transcript of the dialogue. I then sent the transcript to RN to make sure. But, afterwards, being 73, I forgot all about it. Now, a year later, I discovered that each month I have been paying this sub, and they will not refund it -- YET!! Unbelievable. I could post the transcript here if it would amuse your readers...

• Ze
      13th of Jun, 2011

I to have been charged a fee by this company for a service I never asked for or down loaded. I checked my account online as I do regularly on this past Saturday to make sure I had enough funds to pay some bills and just because I check it to keep the bank honest as well. Sure enough there was this charge that came up as Super pass in the amount of $14.99 I did not know what this was and called the bank as well as emailed the card provider service to file a question of this charge. After I had logged off for the week end they not only charged me $14.99 once but twice they have billed my account. I am disputing these charges. And if possible have these people hauled in to court to have them hung up by their Buster Browns ...! I say hang all these losers...! What they are doing is stealing and it should be a federal offence due to the fact they are doing this interstate (and or) across state lines ... Its credit card or just bank fraud...!