RN Rhapsody Music / billing after cancelling program

United States Review updated:
4.45
I telephoned RN Rhapsody Music two or three months ago to cancel service. I removed program from my computer, but have continued to receive monthly charge of $12.99 on my credit card. I am requesting here that the account be cancelled immediately.

Comments

Fd
  19th of Sep, 2008
i agree, this company is a total rip off. 14 day free trial and i canceled it on the 2nd day. Looking on my bank statement, they charged me 15 and 12 within the month
Al
  5th of Oct, 2008
my son bought a mp3 player that only used Rhapsody. He joined, tried to download music to no avail, cancelled Rhapsody and purchased an Apple. Rhapsody has been billing him since for two years - unfortunately he does not check his bank statements but he cancelled and thought they would do the right thing and not bill him. I told him to file a complaint with the FTC and the /Attorney General in the state where Rhapsody is located.
V0
  17th of Nov, 2008
I agree, I just checked my checking account today and noticed where Rhapsody has been billing me for a service which I never used and canceled before the 14 days were up. I personally talked with a representative and he assured me that my subscription was canceled and that i would not be billed! They are going to be getting an earful from me today!
Be
  29th of Nov, 2008
I discovered this on my credit card billing. I did NOT agree to purchase this.
Did you ever get your money refunded? not happy in OH
Jo
  30th of Nov, 2008
Don't get lured into subscribing to Rhapsody! A total ripoff! I was double billed monthly for only one account (for 2 months). When you call their billing department you speak to India. I cancelled my account, was finally credited and guess what? I received another debit from my bank account from Rhapsody this month! They have no record of the debit, say my account was cancelled and don't know how this could happen. I've emailed the Better Business Bureau about them and will contact my bank to have them investigated.
Ca
  30th of Nov, 2008
i did not order this service and i saw where it was added to my credit card. Please remove my name.
Da
  1st of Dec, 2008
I have not tried calling yet to cancel my account(s) but I do not ever remember signing up specifically for Rhapsody. What I do remember signing up for was something called Real Networks Superpass where I was suppose to be able to download tv shows and movies. I now find I'm getting charged for REAL.COM Online (14.99), Rhapsody Music (14.99), and REALARCADEGAME (9.99). I did not realize that when I signed up for one thing I would be getting charged separately for three things (two of which I had not expectation was part of the deal). I am planning to cancel all of them and hope I don't get the run around like those I have just read.
Sh
  1st of Feb, 2009
I signed up for the 14 day free trial and later found out (when a credit card was declined) that Rhapsody had charged me for the free downloads promised in the agreement. I spent over 2 hours on the phone speaking to people of Indidan descent who I could hardly understand and also were not willing to refund my money. A total nightmare! They told me there was a difference between downloading music and buying it? But why would I buy music if I have a 14 day FREE trial period! Shady compnay. I will get my money back. This is not right.
Lo
  7th of Apr, 2009
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO CANCELL RHAPSODY. THEY ARE BILLING ME AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT. THANKS
De
  23rd of Feb, 2011
I need to know how to cancel as well. I have yet to find a phone number to call and cancel...thanks

Napster Logo Napster