RN Financials Consumer's Reward Program Lottery / Lottery Scam

1 231 Denver DriveNiagara Falls, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1(905)781-2221

I received a letter today reading as followed:
Congratulations; We wish to notify you of the release of the Consumer's Reward Program Lottery held on Sept. 19, 2008. Your name, attached to ticket number 8427140 drew the lucky number of 3, 7, 10, 15, 18, 23, 13 and 42 which ultimately won the lottery in the second category.
Please read the following carefully:
You have been approved for the lump sumpayment of $39, 000 credited to an account with the above Claim Number. This amount is drawn from the total prize of $480, 000 shared among the North American Winners in this category. Previous attempts to contact you directly on Oct 06, 2008 failed, resulting in this final notification. For security reasons, we advise that you keep this award from public notice until your claims have been finalized. This will help us prevent fraud and double claims.
ECT...
It listed Steven Richard or Jasmine Lewis at [protected] to contact

Br

Comments

• Ge
      20th of Oct, 2008
    RN Finacials - Consumer Reward Program
    231 Denver RIver Dr
    Niagara Falls
    Ontario
    Canada
    Phone: 1-905-598-5236

Received phoney lottrey win check. Did research on company and found that this is a scam company.

• Pa
      8th of Nov, 2008

i got the same thing and now im 900 minus in my account and i try to call them and no answer i was screwed

• Ta
      6th of Mar, 2009

I GOT THE SAME THING TODAY 3/5/09 THANK GOD I CHECKED IT OUT

• Di
      18th of Mar, 2009

i got the same thing in the mail on 3/17... i called and there was no answer, then finally i called like around 7ish at night and spoke a female name melissa... she told to me deposit the check then call back and they will give me instructions and it will take about 10 mins for the process. then i will get a package which will contain a letter about the lottery & taxes and a check for 45, 000... too much to be real... i knew it was fake cuz i never heard anything about them... i look them up on the internet the next day at work and oh my god there they were... scammers... they need to stop especially if people are having hard times already... no need for this kind of mess... they need to find something better to do and get a REAL job...

• Lj
      26th of Mar, 2009

My wife got the same exact letter today as the original poster except the dates are different. I knew it was a scam immediately but wanted to find out more about it (sometimes these things are clever). What I want to know is, they tell you to deposit it and the check clears then they will send you another payment AFTER you call them. It doesn't make any sense that if the check clears, how is the bank going to take the funds back? Anyways, I hope more people research this thing before just going to the bank because I know some banks will forfeit your business if you bring them a fraudulent check! The first thing that should set off an alarm in people's mind is the letter arrives from Canada or at least ours did, then the check is from "People's Bank of Connecticut". LOL

• Je
      31st of Mar, 2009

I recieved a check from Chase bank from the same scammers and got the same letters but how are they getting these checks with our names and addresses it was addressed in my name at my mother-in-laws house?? I have never gave this addresses out!!! I do not understand!!

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2009

i received the same thing only this was from a different company KINGSWAY financials looked the business up on line its an insurance company with nothing about this consumer reward program the check came out of Texas but the notice was sent out of canada what a scam i'm glad i didnt put it in my account . yes these people need to get a real job what are the gaining by letting people over draft their accounts. i see no gain for them because the check never cleared. so honestly can someone tell me why

• Ky
      13th of Apr, 2009

Hi everyone thanks so much for your posts I today received a CERTIFIED letter again stating exactly the same thing as the original poster except mine was from CMI Finiancial out of Niagra Falls Ontario Canada but the check was drawn on a HUNTINGTON NATIONAL BANK in Columbus Ohio for 3900.00 and 49000 more to come. I was to contact a Rose Adams and a David Bell at 905-781-5331 ( was going to call and chew them a new one but they never answer the phone.) I contacted my local FBI and they immediately wanted me to bring my letter and check to my local police dept and told me its good that I checked into everything because it could have ended up costing me 8000 to clear up the mess or more if deposited and spent
    The banks know these checks are fraud. There should be a system nation wide that when the numbers are put into the computer at your branch they can immediately tell if the bank is legit.. In my case I 411ed the city and state and reversed looked up the banks address and they are NOT even a real bank. Thats just unbelievable I just hope during these hard times people are doing their research and not just running to the bank to deposit and spend all their FAKE winnings. Its become so damn sad that Americans are having no problems destroying others with no reguard to their families including children. Good luck to everyone else hope you were smart enough to check into it all and if your got burned I am deeply and truly sorry for you lose and hope you have learned a valuable lesson: nothing is free if it is it didnt come honest. ( in most all cases. )

18th of May, 2009

this is a disgrace we really need to find a way to help stop these fools, i received a letter today and for 1 sec thought wow this is right on time, untill i read the letter and noticed the typos to many missed spelled words, its sad because some people just see the money not the cause or the problem, they think free cash at my finger tips, im calling Colonial Bank of Orlando Fl tomrrow, thats where my check is from.

• Al
      19th of May, 2009

My wife's was from colonial bank as well. The scammers answered my call and were extremely defensive and told me they would only divulge information to my wife. They did tell me that she would have to pay the tax first to get the rest. Banks are required to accept cashier's checks and make funds available immediately, they ask you to cash the check and wire the "tax" money to a third party so they can cash in. What a ridiculous group of people preying on hard working people. I have to admit it was exciting when my wife came home from work and told me we won the lotto, hopefully next time will be for real.

• Kc
      18th of Aug, 2009

I also got a letter today from a company called PDC Financial Group 101 Fletcher dr. Niagra Falls ON hgn 4T1. re: cONSUMERS REWARD pROGRAM. mY HUSBAND AND i HAVE GOTTEN ATLEAST FIVE OF THESE THIS YEAR. cAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THEY GET OUR INFORMATION AND EMAIL ME AT KCLIVESAY@HOTMAIL.COM. i AM SICK OF GETTING THIS AND IT ONLY LETS ME DOWN EVERYTIME I CHECK INTO IT.THIS CHECK IS FROM PEOPLE'S BANK AND ITS A CASHIERS CHECK THIS TIME. TO CONTACT AMANDA BROWN OR JAMES BLACK AT 905-598-4037. THAKS

• Pi
      19th of Aug, 2009

We all know this is a scam, but lets play the game. Just go to your bank and deposit the money. That sounds like a much easier speedy and hassel free facilitation then a phone call to ask for permission?

Wonder what the cops will do with them?

• Jb
      20th of Aug, 2009

I recieved one of these letters today. It is from PDC Financial Group. I even called the police to see what to do about it. The officer I spoke to told me to throw it away. I just want to protect other people from theese kind of preditors. I knew it was fake before I even finished reading the letter, but there are so many people who would have called the # and went straight to the bank. After reading all these letters I am going to keep calling people till I get someone to do something. Thanks

• La
      24th of Aug, 2009

I guess i too, will join you all with the same letter...the same "oooh..now i can get that big screen i've been wanting" the same damn scam.Yea...i have to admit...when i first opened it i was spending it already.After all, i was laid off 8 months ago and finding a job has been very hard.But then reality sunk in and i know that if it seems too good to be true...it usually is.I took the check and letter to my bank and they told me to just hang on to it to see what happens.Yea...i will hang onto it allright.I'll hang it on my noteboard cuz it IS pretty to look at.Probably the only time i will ever see a check for that amount with my name on it.I will throw darts at it.hahaha I really hope people who get these letters and checks do what you and I are doing and checking into it first.I also feel sad for the ones who didnt and are now suffering at the hands of these low-life scums.There has to be some way to put an end to these scummy people and i will be in line to do anything i can to help get rid of these people.

• Ca
      25th of Aug, 2009

I also got a letter today from PDC Finanancial Group, containing a check for $3, 900. My sister happened to come over, as we were going to a funeral of a dear friend. I showed her the letter, and she immediately got on-line to check these people out. I am in a financial bind right now, so the check was like a dream come true. Much to my dismay, it was a scam. I hope these people get prosecuted for doing this.

• Cr
      31st of May, 2011

My fiance got the same letter today only the check had bank logo from Deleware. It has the same "warning" about keeping this confidential... and isn't it "so good of them" to also warn you about giving out personal information. I even called the bank to verify the check. They told me it was real... and this was a REAL bank, not some fictional front made to sound like a bank.
    I called the company associated with the check, Haliburton (Hall Enregy Svc Inc). They told me I was the 4th person to call them about this and that they had no idea what this was about. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!
    I'm turning this over to the postal inspector!!!

• Je
      11th of Aug, 2011

Today I received a letter from TMI Marketing along with a cashiers check of 995.00 the letter stated that it was from some kind of consumer rewards program winning and that my lump sum would be 9, 700.00. The check is from a sterling bank in texas and tbe letter was from canada. Huge upset for me :.(