RMT IF 866-747-0986 / Cannot stop this charge

Dominican Republic Review updated:
I have been paying £5.67 every month by Barclay Card by RMT IF [protected] since April 08. I have filled in numerous forms and spoke on the telephone to Barclay to try to get this transaction cancelled to no avail.

I do not know what this amount is for, I have received no goods, the only information I received from Barclay card was the company was in the Dominican Republic and they gave me a telephone to ring, but no spoke English.

How can I get this charge stopped.

Comments

Ma
  30th of Oct, 2008
I'm also having this problem - it's not a direct debit so I haven't been able to cancel the transaction. Please let me know if you have any luck and i'll do the same!
An
  5th of Nov, 2008
ive had the same problem
i phoned my credit card company up, they cancelled my card, issued me with a new one and pin number
Ru
  8th of Nov, 2008
I had the same charge for the last 6 month, I went to the bank yesterday and sorted, i've canceled my card, order a new one, protect myself for the next six month (aparentlly they still can use the same card number up to 6 month after cancelation) and i'm going to get my money back...
Sy
  25th of Nov, 2008
I have found out through my bank that this is a monthly charge relating to ifriends.com, a social networking site.

I have also been receiving charges to my credit card. pparently there is a box that needs to be checked if you do not want to be a continual member of this site.

So, my advice is to get in touch with customer services at your bank/credit card company and get them to cancel the membership to this site as charges will be applied and you have no control how much they take.
Ka
  12th of Apr, 2009
I have had over £60 taken from my bank account on the 11 April, because of whch I will now incur charges of over £60. I have not bought anything or av i signed up for anything, could anyone please tell me how to get these charges back and who is charging them? I cannot contact my bank till Tue by which time they could take more money out. kath865@googlemail.com
I am at my wits end as I am on a small disability amount per month and cant afford the charges this is going to incur.