RMT IF 866-747-0986 / Cannot stop this charge

1 Dominican Republic Review updated:

I have been paying £5.67 every month by Barclay Card by RMT IF [protected] since April 08. I have filled in numerous forms and spoke on the telephone to Barclay to try to get this transaction cancelled to no avail.

I do not know what this amount is for, I have received no goods, the only information I received from Barclay card was the company was in the Dominican Republic and they gave me a telephone to ring, but no spoke English.

How can I get this charge stopped.

Comments

30th of Oct, 2008

I'm also having this problem - it's not a direct debit so I haven't been able to cancel the transaction. Please let me know if you have any luck and i'll do the same!

5th of Nov, 2008

ive had the same problem
    i phoned my credit card company up, they cancelled my card, issued me with a new one and pin number

• Ru
      8th of Nov, 2008

I had the same charge for the last 6 month, I went to the bank yesterday and sorted, i've canceled my card, order a new one, protect myself for the next six month (aparentlly they still can use the same card number up to 6 month after cancelation) and i'm going to get my money back...

• Sy
      25th of Nov, 2008

I have found out through my bank that this is a monthly charge relating to ifriends.com, a social networking site.

I have also been receiving charges to my credit card. pparently there is a box that needs to be checked if you do not want to be a continual member of this site.

So, my advice is to get in touch with customer services at your bank/credit card company and get them to cancel the membership to this site as charges will be applied and you have no control how much they take.

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2009

I have had over £60 taken from my bank account on the 11 April, because of whch I will now incur charges of over £60. I have not bought anything or av i signed up for anything, could anyone please tell me how to get these charges back and who is charging them? I cannot contact my bank till Tue by which time they could take more money out. kath865@googlemail.com
    I am at my wits end as I am on a small disability amount per month and cant afford the charges this is going to incur.