RLA Inc. / magazine subscription fraud

1 OH, United States Review updated:

On August 29, 2008 I ordered a magazine subscription from 2 college students who were selling them to win a trip. The receipt they gave me had the address of RLA Inc. in Aubrey, Texas and the name of the sales company was Kenmore sales Co. It said on the receipt to wait 120 - 160 days for my first subscription. I waited about 30 days past that, and when I still had no magazine; I called RLA [protected]). I was informed that it had been sent to the publisher and I should wait 2 more weeks. Well I waited until today (7/24/2009) and called back. I spoke to a woman named Tissa K. She told me to wait 2 more weeks. I told her I had waited eleven months and I wanted my money back and I felt that I had been scammed. She said I had not been scammed and I would wait for my subscription and enjoy it when I received it. She hung up on me. I called back and spoke to her again. I asked for her supervisor and she said she was the supervisor. I asked who was above her. She told me the owners Mike and Renee Mackovih (whom I looked up online and could find nothing) were above her and they were out of the office for two weeks. She told me my information was sent to the publisher again but she would not tell me who the publisher was. After going around with her again she hung up on me for the second time. I called the publisher of Disney and Me who is Redan Inc. They informed me that they did not have any of my information. I called RLA back again and received Tissa's voice mail. I did not leave a message because it will do no good. I am going to go to the Better Business Bureau with the information I have and the legitimate magazine publisher also requested me to fax a copy of the receipt to them so they could help me stop any kind of fraud. I have to ask though, what kind of company only has one person that answers the phone, only one voice mail, and only one person to send out rebuttal letters? If this is a legitimate company they will get back with me about my "lost" subscription.

Comments

• Pi
      14th of Sep, 2009

I guess posting all these complaints doesnt help either so why is there even a link. I have the same story to and thought about complaining but after reading everyones complaints i guess its safe to say i got ripped off for $50. Learned my lesson.

• Js
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Agent of record for RLA Sales INC of Aubrey TX is:

Michael Rigler
    316 W. Broadway
    Gainesville TX 76240

Owner is Mr. Robert Kenmore

I found all this through the State Department of Texas

Michael Rigler is who you would have lawsuits delivered to according to Texas Laws.

• Am
      17th of Nov, 2009

I was approached by a young man named "Dorian Miller" who also was "selling magazines to earn points to win a trip to Europe for a contest" He came to my house 7/22/2009... its been 3 months almost the 120-160 days limit... and after reading what everyone else posted I see that my 4 yr old niece is not going to get her "Turtle" subscription... I'm a working college student who is paying my way through college to try and better myself and here these people at this "company" are using kids to scam people. Thanks a lot "R L A INC. I'm surprised they didn't empty my checking account... I wrote a check.

30th of Nov, 2009

I have just found out about the fraudulent company RLA. I inocently purchased a magazine in the amount of $50.00 I am a single mom of three and thought I was helping another. I contacted the company with the phone number found on a complaint page only to discover the number has been disconnected. Upon finding this out, I contacted the BBB to report the fraud. Hopefully, I will hear something back soon. I would suggest that others do the same. Maybe we can stop this company and these young men from doing this to others. These boys do not realize that their name is now connected to a fraudulent company. This may not look good for their future. Look out for Jason Williams selling magazines at your door.

• Tu
      17th of Feb, 2010

Another Jason Williams SUCKER!! I also bought a magazine subscription for my husband "Mens Fitness" from Jason Williams on 11/24/09 and paid with a check, but didn't think it was a scam until now. I forgot about buying a subscription and found the receipt upstairs in my files. It is VERY suspicious that Jason Williams is going all over the US selling "nothing" for such a big price (I live in Tulsa Oklahoma) If anyone knows of a way to get a refund (LOL) please post it for us "I want to help you" stupid people! I thought I was helping a guy fresh out of rehab to better his life by going on a trip to Hawaii and instead got scammed. Thanks for listening to me and hopefully everyone will read this before buying from "Jason"

• Sc
      29th of May, 2010

I too was scammed on 5-6-09 it is now 5-29-10... the name of my culprit was Todd Niiha...My son hasn't recieved his "Scooby Doo" and never will but those [censor]s will recieve some serious harrassment from me!!!

• Sh
      8th of Oct, 2010

On September 3, 2008 a girl came to our door selling magazine subscriptions. My husband gave her a check for $50.00 for a 24 month subscription to "Road & Rack" magazine. This girls name was "Lena Creasy", and she wrote on the receipt "Thanks for the points". We have never to this date seen a single magazine. This will be the last time we purchase anything from anyone at our door, unless it's someone we know. Are there any lawsuits pending against this company? Sharon Sarver

• It
      21st of Sep, 2011

Robert Kenmore is a scam artist and has done it for years!!!He has owned R.L.A and United Quality Publications.The last place he was known to have lived was in Pensacola Fl. with a Elizebeth Mckovic her last name may be spelled wrong.If you have any information on the location of Mr.Robert Kenmore please contact 911 because he is also a sex offender who has fled the state of Florida and they do not have knowledge of his whereabouts.I am of many people he has scammed over the years and it's time we stand up for ourselves and take action.My entire city has put a law into effect just because of his company so we hope he comes back because over $1500 dollars was scammed by him and we think it's time he paid don't you.

• It
      17th of Apr, 2012

Robert Kenmore is not a sex affender and for this too allow this is fraud and shall pay consiquences.