riverside lap top coffee table / refuse delivery

My husband and I joined the Directbuy club of Merryville IN in Oct. of 2008 witch was over $3000. Shortly after doing this we ordered around $7000 or more in furnishings and appliances for our home in Florida having them delivered to Sarasota.
The last of the order was due in December. Every thing came early except for the four Riverside pieces.
There were 1) 62” TV stand 1) lap top coffee table 2) towers that now were not due until the 12th of January
That date had come and gone with out any kind of a call. So I called. A glass door was broke and the drawer in the coffee table was broke. They had to reorder. It was after the 20th of March before they got the pieces. They delivered all of the pieces the top of the coffee table was damaged and I refused to except it. (And the drawer at that time ) was sent but was way to small. Not until a couple of weeks ago did I find out that they are no longer making that coffee table any longer.
The women that I have been working with was very nice until these last three weeks she has been lying to me and telling me she will call and sending me e-mails. She has become very impersonal. I told her that I want my money back. All of it that had any thing to do with the coffee table. And all of the sudden there is nothing wrong with the drawer and it is ready for pick up. I am refusing to accept it I ordered a piece of furniture from the manufacture not for a piece that is a reproduction of a piece from the manufacturer. It is now April 16 and I am going back north on the 29th I would like to know what you are going to do before I leave.

Comments

Di
  19th of May, 2009

Yep, DirectBuy lies, cheats & denies it all later. They are completely inept.
DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam.
Help spread the word...
A Federal Class Action lawsuit against DirectBuy has been filed by Izard Nobel LLP. Contact information is as follows
Lead Attorney - Jeff Nobel
email - jnobel@izardnobel.com
toll free phone# - (800) 797-5499
Please contact them so justice may prevail & we can get our hard earned money aka "membership fees" back.

22nd of May, 2009

re: Jason's comments
Consumers do have rights and there are laws to protect us. DirectBuy really pushes the envelope and does not live up to their claims either for prices or services. It is this type of dishonesty that is frustrating members. If DirectBuy provided the merchandise and services they advertise, we would not be complaining on this site. I know my reason for posting is to help others stay away from DirectBuy and the overall heartache they cause.

22nd of May, 2009

No, I'm not an ex-employee. I am, unfortunately a fully-paid, disappointed, member of DirectBuy. You should not assume that everyone has had a good experience with this company. Obviously this comment writer and I have received horrible service, which does not live up to DirectBuy's advertisements. Remember there are laws for truth in advertising. I hope this will all be straightened out in a court of law.

29th of May, 2009

Sir, I am so sorry that you have such an immature atttitude towards other people's problems. I hope you don't get treated in the same manner in which you belittle others.