RIU Hotels & Resorts — responsibility for accident
We stayed at the Riu Clubhotel Funana in Cape Verde from Dec23rd 16 till Jan06th 17.
When we made our booking through Thomson in Feb 16 the hotel was called the Garopa and was closed in June to be refurbished and when it reopened in November it was renamed Funana. Also at the time of booking it was joined to the other Riu hotel and both hotels had full access to each other, including bars, restaurants and pools, but when they both reopened our hotel was graded lower than the other one (now renamed Palace Cabo Verde) and we were barred by security guards from entering any part of that hotel.
Our biggest complaint tho is because of an accident that happened to my partner due to poor maintenance and build quality to the bar area in the pool. Whilst leaning against one of the bar tables in the pool, a 5ft long piece of marble fell off the side of the table and landed on her ankle and foot resulting in being taken to the hospital in a wheelchair and having to endure xrays, tablets and injections. Also because of the pain and swelling it meant she couldn't go on pre booked tours or go into the pool for the remainder of the holiday. We took pictures of everything and will take it further with them.
More RIU Hotels & Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - we will now become your 'nightmare'! 
- Riu Punta Cana - casino scam 
- RIU Hotels - riu class membership 
- RIU - customer service 
- RIU Hotels - unthinkable conditions
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - service and rooms
- RIU Guanacaste - all of our wedding gifts were stolen!! 
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - riu hotels
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - riu palace paradise island, bahamas
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - jamaica rui negril