RIU Hotels & Resortshotel, service, and stay

D Apr 24, 2018 Review updated:

Afternoon,

My husband and I stayed at RIU Montego Bay April 12-19 and although this has been our number one option for our anniversary every year I am sad to say we will not be returning next year or probably ever. We went to check in and waited some time and finally got up there and to check in. We asked about upgrading deal as this was our anniversary and we come to RIU every year. I was not expecting anything free but was told that since we come here yearly this is nothing to offer us...so where is the loyalty? Then we get our room which 2 lights didn't work, the air conditioning cover was busted and off, the bed spread was ripped, toilet leaked. Through out the stay food was cold and terrible. Buffett people sat waiting for empty pans to be stocked up. Lunch was a little better. The resort is usually well maintained and clean not this trip...bathrooms stunk like feces from unflushed toilets and toilet paper laying all over. In the morning hours lights in bathroom by pool area never turned on so people propped the door open. The air dryer did not work for your hands. Pool bar should open sooner than 10am going all the way upstairs to the sports bar and carrying drinks is terrible. Outside vendors are not allowed in at night to sell items which I'm sorry this was always a really nice gesture for guests. The gift shop did not offer things vendors did. The place needed repairs everywhere from broken chairs to garbage on beach it judt looked not like The RIU we are use to. We work very hard at saving money for our anniversary trip and this time I was completely turned off by the RIU and it's overall appearance, customer service, loyalty, and lack of appreciation. To you bring a big chain but to my husband and I it's our 1 trip we work hard for.

• N
      Jun 23, 2018

Hi there.
    Can anyone provide me the e-mail of RIU headquarters ?