RIU Hotels & Resorts / being lied to by riu customer service

Canada

We are now former Riu customers for 27.50$. We stayed at the Riu Plaza in Panama on Sept 1st and we made a mistake on the reservation, we indicated only one person, while in fact we were a couple (2 persons). Because of that we were charged 27.50$ more for the extra person. However, if you go online on Booking.com or the Riu reservation web site, it's clearly stated that the price is exactly the same for one or 2 persons. When we were there, we were on our way for 2 weeks at the Riu Palace Aruba, we did not have time to argue and paid the extra charge. When we got back, I sent a note to customer service and was lied to!!! The first response I got was that because we were 2 they needed to change our room and the new room was more expensive. We had booked a deluxe double room, it fits 2 persons of course so it was obviously not true that they had to change the room. We did not ask to change and we were not offered to change. Not being satisfied with this reply, basically a lie, I wrote another email and this time the reason I was given is that the 27.50$ charge was for a "night pass" for the second guest to enjoy the facilities. Well this is another big lie because as I've mentionned earlier, if you go online on Booking.com or the Riu reservation web site, it's clearly stated that the price is exactly the same for one or 2 persons. There's not night pass, and no breakfast included. The only thing I ask of you is that you talk to your customer reps and make sure they are honest with customers. It's totally unbelievable that they would tell things to a customer that the customer can see is a lie. This is very very poor customer service. Because of this you have lost 2 very good customers, we have been to Riu in Mexico several times, Riu in Jamaica, Aruba and Panama of course and we were going to NYC this week end, I've now cancelled this booking and we were planning to go to Los Cabos this winter, we will go but sadly not at Riu. If you want to see how much we liked Riu, go see the last post I've left on Trip Advisor.

Ch