Riu Guanacaste Costa Rica / electrical and water leak in bathroom on wedding day

I recently was married at the Riu Guanacaste in Costa Rica. On June 2nd to be exact. We had 30 friends and family stay at the resort for varying times (3 days- 2 weeks). After having told the wedding coordinator my father recently passed away from cancer I felt reassured that she would help. I had 4 wedding coordinators work with me. The night of our wedding we walked into our room to find 2 maintenance men on a ladder in the bathroom with towels in the floor soaking up the water that was leaking from the light fixture. Not only did we have to switch rooms but none of the staff helped move our belongings. My husband set up the rose petals and decor the next night. We were told by the front desk it's "not their problem" After the amount of money, and emotion that went into our wedding day, I believe we should be compensated with a partial refund or a complimentary stay at a different Riu considering the room they moved us to had red ants crawling out of the sink. I have several photos of both complainants.

Al