Ritz Camera / Bad service

1 920 Freeport AvenuePittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I bought a Nikon D40x earlier this year from Ritz. Ritz will try to charge you $114 to send a lens to Nikon if anything goes wrong and you did not buy the extended warranty. Even when you tell them your product is covered by a manufacturer's warranty, they will argue and tell you it's not since you did not purchase the extended warranty.

I called Nikon after leaving Ritz and they sent me a packing slip, fixed my lens free of charge (other than what it cost me to send it) and had it back to me in TEN DAYS.

I have tried calling Ritz to ask why they said Nikon wouldn't cover my lens, they put me on hold and left me there. I even turned them into the BBB for fraud. Ritz STILL never acknowledged the complaint.

SO...never go to Ritz for Repairs, go right to the manufacturer. Better yet, never go to Ritz in the first place, they just want the $114 to mail a package for you for a free service.

Va

Comments

• Ne
      4th of Sep, 2008

Ritz, is a Monopoly. They are one of the few national companies that still process film. The quality of
    film developing has gone to hell in a handbasket, and I think I know why. First, they want to sell their pricey
    digital cameras.(SALES $$$) 2nd, it is much easier and less time consuming to print digital photos.
    3. They probably don't have to train the workers, if the photos are digital.

What I don't understand, is why some company owners are so greedy. Why don't they want their
    customers to be satisfied? Why don't their hire enough employees, even at Christmas, so the employees
    aren't stressed, and the customers WANT to return?

As for the poor quality on printing of very important customer prints, I truly believe that some of the
    employees, actually enjoy messing up people's photos. Some are lazy, some aren't trained, some are
    stressed, and some really don't want to do a good job.

For those of you who enjoy photography, why don't you join forces and start your own co-0p PhotoLab?
    You can call it Just Photos, and have a place for people to enjoy having their photos processed.
    Everyone wants Good Service.

Build a better mousetrap, and they will come.

• Wi
      29th of Sep, 2008

Sir, there are plenty of film photo labs out there. Ritz does stink, so why do you keep going there? If you enjoy your photography, you shouldn't use Ritz-type places anyway. Try Burrell Colour lab in Merrillville indiana. They do all film formats and digital. They offer FTP programs to upload images, and can put you on a credit card account basis. You won't get your prints for anywhere near 25 cents a 4x6... but you can stop your belly-achin'

• Fo
      7th of Mar, 2010

I'll start this by saying that I'm a former employee of Ritz and I absolutely HATE Ritz Camera with a passion. However, I must disagree with your complaint. People like you used to turn down the service policy all the time and then when their items were broken, they tried to get us to fix them under the manufacturer's warranty. Ritz Camera is NOT the manufacturer, Nikon is. So, naturally, you would need to send it to them to get it fixed. If you had sent it through Ritz, they would have sent it to their repair facility in Arizona (CRIS) and charged you the $114 to fix it.

You should really understand your situation before you go an report business to the BBB.

I still hate Ritz, but when I worked there, I hated people like you even more. You're foolish and you recklessly complain to the wrong authorities about non-issues because you're upset about your item not working.