Ritz Camera by Benjamin Studios / No recourse for unacceptable work

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

Dropped off digitized artwork with Wolf Camera for processing by Benjamin Studios to create a portrait of my great-grandfather. Although they were supposed to get back to me within 72 hours, I didn't hear from them for a month. When I called Wolf they bounced me to Benjamin Studios who claimed to have not received the order. Subsequently BS "found" the order and produced a proof of the artwork which I told them was unacceptable because the reproduced image did not resemble the original.

I asked for a refund and was told that I was not due one because they had performed according to the contract I signed. When I read the fine print in detail I saw that I had agreed to pay for whatever they delivered whether it was acceptable or not.

I figured "no problem, I can always file a dispute with Visa". Boy was I wrong. Visa will not accept a dispute because of the terms and conditions on the receipt I signed so my only resolution is to accept a portrait that does not resemble the one I gave them to work from.

Va

Comments

• Be
      30th of May, 2008

I am the owner of Benjamin Studios. Upon finding this complaint- I immediately responded, via this website, to "Larry" within two days of his posting offering my cell phone number for him to call and discuss his dissatisfaction. No call yet after a week. I'll update with status once I speak with him.