Ringtone Times / Fraudulent charges!

1 Boston, MA, United States Review updated:

This company charged my mobile carrier a monthly payment of $9.99. I called ringtone times to complain about these charges and demanded to be showed proof of how I signed up to the service as well as use it. The sales person, or should I say scammer, put me on hold for 42 minutes hoping I will give up and hang up!

This is ridiculous! I even emailed their customer service and all I got was silence. This company should be placed out of business http://www.ringtonetimes.com/index.do!

Mo

More Ringtone Times Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mo
      23rd of Feb, 2008
    ringtonetimes? - charged for free ringtone download

I received an e-mail from this company advertising free ringtone downloads. I must have completed the form, however never found any downloaded ringtones on my cell. I was charged 9.99 two consecutive months. (jan/feb) How can I receive a credit for these two fraudulent charges?
    Monique Samaha

• Ru
      2nd of Mar, 2008
    RingToneTimes - Scam and fraud!
    RingToneTimes.com
    116 AMSDEN DR
    Rochester
    New York
    Phone: 585-490-5019
    www.ringtonetimes.com

I recently lost my phone and had it replaced, two weeks later I'm getting a text message about my CSW subscription being renewed at $9.99/ month... something i never ordered or authorized. I sent a text back to the # given in the text and get a text back " service is not available ".

• Do
      19th of Mar, 2008
    RingtoneTimes.com
    Dry Fork
    Virginia
    www.ringtonetimes.com

Ringtone Times need to send me 47.00 for this service that I did not sign up for or I will seek legal action.

• Yo
      1st of May, 2008

I also received a recent bill with these charges on it! I do not know how these people received my information nor how they were able to bill this through my phone services without my okay! I would also like retribution of these charges!!

• Le
      7th of May, 2008
    Ringtone Times - deceptive billing practices
    Ringtone Times
    Oregon

When I noticed that my mobile phone bill had increased, I noticed a charge of $9.99 buried within my bill. The line item was a series of letters, and not discernible as to the nature of the charges. My mobile carrier informed me that I had subscribed to Ringtone Times on April 2. This was a complete surprise to me. While I once attempted, unsuccessfully, to download a FREE ringtone from their site, I certainly never requested a subscription to their service. I have not been able to reach this scammer in spite of multiple attempts to do so. Further, I am appalled that my mobile phone carrier, Verizon, would permit such billing practices.

7th of May, 2008

I just called this company and asked that my subscription be cancelled. The gentleman asked if he could explain. I told him no and he started explaining anyway. I interrupted him and told him in no uncertain terms that as of 7:22 p.m., 5/7/08 that I did not want to be subscribed to this service. He did comply and said my mobile number had been erased from their system. Their number is 1-877-225-1198. Don't let them talk just make sure you write down the time, date and the person to whom you are speaking.

• Cr
      18th of Jun, 2008
    Ringtone Times - Fraudulent charge
    Ringtone Times
    San Francisco
    California
    Phone: 415 525 9285

On this date, June 18, 2008, I received a text alert that stated that my cell phone account had just been charged $9.99 for a subscription to ringtone times. I have never subscribed to this service nor have I familar with what they sell. I made two calls this afternoon and when I explained the facts to someone, I was treated rudely and "informed" that my subscription was valid as of May 1, 2008. They sent me another text indicating that "my subscription" was cancelled effective today but no mention of a refund. They have refused to refund my money. It seems strange that I would receive a charge on June 18 for a "subscription" ordered on May 1, and the fact that I have not used this service in all that time surely proves that I not only would have "subscribed" but also, have no need for what they are selling. How can I get a refund?

• Be
      30th of Aug, 2008
    CSW (or) www.ringtonetimes.com - Scam and fraud!
    CSW or www.ringtonetimes.com

I received a cell phone text message from "717-69" saying:

"CSW subscription renewed @9.99 mo. Get ur contents
    download at www.ringtonetimes.com

Never heard of this before.

• Vo
      27th of Dec, 2008
    820 Camden Way
    Prosper
    Texas
    Phone: 972-347-3543

We have identified charges on our cell phone bill from Ringtone Times in the amount of $9.99 per month. Upon identifying that the charge was a third party charge not requested, I called Verizon Wireless to determine the nature of the charge. They provided me a toll free number to cancel the service, which I did today.

Research indicates that we have paid this charge monthly since February 2008.

This business practice needs to be stopped and customers reimbursed. We have paid them $100 not even realizing that we were paying them for it.

I notice a settlement with ATT and Sprint. Is there any relief available for a Verizon customer? If so, please advise.

• Bo
      22nd of Mar, 2009
    ringtone times

what a scam. Icalled up mt cell provider and asked for a credit on my account... sorry call RINGTONE they did not want to hear about the FREE PROMO that we were charged for . We are still trying to get our $20.00