Ringaza / Charged 9.99 for no reason!

United States Review updated:
I have a myspace account to kept up with my large family. I got an email on myspace from my cousin which said, "Umm, I found this video of you, check it out." Because I know of no video of me on the internet, I clicked on it (I'm usually reluctant to click on things but this from from a family member!). When I clicked on this link it directed me to freakingstupidlive.com (which has now been removed from the internet). Somehow I unintentionally signed up for this Ringaza ringtones for 9.99 per month. I called them the same day to dispute and no one would help. I spoke with Luke @ [protected] and he told me that the owner is Roger Logie @ 12310 Pinecrest Rd, Suite 306 Reston VA. They operate under Opera Telecom USA. Fight the charges. Do some research and contact Roger...I bet you'll have luck. I was so mad I went to & on your side, here in Wash DC... waiting to hear back if they'll research illegal/irresponsible business activities. I told the call center at the number above that I was filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they stopped answering their phones all together. Good luck and I hope I can make this company change their sneaky ways.

Comments

Yv
  22nd of Oct, 2007
I agree with you I was searching for a ring tone that would play gospel music because my friend had one. Needless to say nothing ever came across so I could download a ring tone for my smart phone. I agree this is a scam and had I known this was going to be attached to my bill I would never have investigated this site. If this fee is not removed I will need to contact my attorney for advice.
Pa
  11th of Dec, 2007
The same thing happened to us--$9.99 for something we never got. How do we get this charge off our Alltel Statement? And will it be charged again and again? This is a terrible company!
Na
  15th of Dec, 2007
I have two charges on my Alltel bill for Ringaza for $9.99. I tried contacting the company and there was no answer. I am not paying these bills. I think that Alltel should investigate these companies and refuse to allow them and why are they billing us for them. I have no idea how these charges occurred.
Jo
  24th of Dec, 2007
Take me off your next bill i did not get this for 9.99 i what my money back jon luethke.
Am
  24th of Dec, 2007
why are you playing games with us, its not fair that we should have to pay money on a game we didnt even want! are you going to do something about it. we,ve had to pay 2 because you are not responding to our complaint to take it off. if we find it one more time we will take legal action. its a shame that you dont take your customers complaints more serioulsy because its not you paying the bill its us!

luethkejon@yahoo.com
Jo
  30th of Dec, 2007
I have verizon and had the same problem. They had me send a text message to 75714. In the message type cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel. It must be typed 5 times and then send it. You should get a text message back right away that will say your are unsub. If not Jan 14 2008 you can contact your cell phone provider and have a block put on for all these kind of faultly charges.
Da
  12th of Jan, 2008
Simple enough just don't pay the scam artist
Mi
  7th of Feb, 2008
*** THIS COMPANY IS EVIL **** THEY ALSO NEVER TAKE YOU OFF "WAITING FOR NEXT ATTENDANT"- THUS AVOIDING BOTH DIRECT CALLS *AND* VOICEMAIL- I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT ANY INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT ME- AT ALL! WE NEED TO SUE THIS COMPANY TOGETHER. THEY ARE POSTING CHARGES AGAINST CELL PHONE ACCOUNTS USING THE MOST INSIDIOUS MEANS. IF YOU WANT TO FILE A CIVIL LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM PLEASE EMAIL MIKO AT miko@mikosweb.com. WE ALREADY HAVE 500 PEOPLE IN THE STATE OF WA CONSIDERING SUING THEM- THE REASON BEING ANOTHER ISSUE- T-MOBILE AND OTHER CELL PHONE COMPANIES SIMPLY ACCEPT, AND WILL NOT REFUND, THESE BOGUS CHARGES. MOREOVER, THEY FAIL TO BLACKLIST THIS ORGANIZATION, ALLOWING ITB TO POST MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL CHARGES, HOPING THAT PEOPLE WILL NOT NOTICE. PLEASE NOTE: THEY HAVE A "POLICY" THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT "NOTICED" THEIR BOGUS CHARGE WITHIN 60 DAYS, YOU CANNOT GET A REFUND. HOW MANY OF US Are able to find a bogus $10 charge that we did not expect, on any bill, within 60 days, when, by the time of printing the stattement, 30 days has already passed???

PLEASE JOIN ME IN ATTACKING BOTH THIS COMPANY AND THE DELL PHONE COMPANIES WHO RANDOMLY ACCEPT CHARGES FROM "COMPANIES" LIKE THIS.
Oz
  4th of Jun, 2008
i hate ringaza i cant quit and i have have to pay every @#%* MONTH
Oz
  4th of Jun, 2008
TAKE ME OFF!!!
Br
  20th of Sep, 2008
I think ESPN is helping them to scam people. Iwent to take the IQ test, to get the result they required me to cell phone number before I know I was signed up. I can believe ESPN put their advertising on its website.
Br