RightSize Smoothies / Double shipped trial offer

1 Lewiston, ME, United States Review updated:

They shipped the trial offer twice and then won't accept returns. Average hold time for customer support is about an hour.

This company is a SCAM and uses fraudulent practices.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Lc

Comments

• Mo
      Aug 07, 2009

I ordered the Right Size Smoothies. About 10 minutes after ordering I changed my mind and called back to cancel my order. If you call the order number they answer immediately but if you call the number for cancelling you are on hold forever! I was told that I could not cancel my order because it is shipped as soon as the order is taken. I got the package a few days later and called to send it back and they wouldn't let me send it back until I tried if for at least 10 days. Of course I figured that they were just hoping I would forget and not call back. I tried the product and I really did like it...it worked very well and I wasn't hungry. I had been on a weight loss program for a while before trying Right Size so i didn't see a dramatic weight loss but I did lose 7 pounds in 10 days. I called on day 10 and was given instructions on how to send it back. They offered to let me keep the remaining container at a discount but I just sent it back...now I wish I would have kept it!

Jan 08, 2010

I tried this product and was not impressed. It was expensive and so similar in taste and ingredients to other products I've tried that I decided to return it. I called to authorize the return, and was told that I was a day late for the 2 week return, and could not return it. I wasn't happy with the product, so I guess the 30 day return isn't true. In my mind it was a big scam and a waste of money.

• Pr
      Feb 09, 2010

you can now purchase some of the right size smoothie products at CVS pharmacy... I have the packets of Lemonaide for my water and I love them.. It takes the edge off my hunger.

• Ed
      Mar 02, 2010

I want to try this but I know that ANYTHING you hear on the radio and order with your credit card will get you unauthorized charges, sometimes non-stop! So I will attempt to purchase this without a credit card and see how they respond. Bet they won't give me the free trial. Then they won't have me as a customer.

Jul 29, 2010

I ordered the free trial and I like it. I have only had it for a few days so no weight loss yet, but I do notice a difference in my hunger. I called to return the 2nd canister (within the 2 week trial) and they did convince me to keep it at a discounted price split into payments. It is pricier than I thought, but I think it will help in my goal. It is not like slim fast at all. I actually feel full after I drink it. It's new and everything has its critics. If you can afford it, try it.

• Rb
      Nov 19, 2010

For things like this I purchase a Wal-Mart Visa card with just the amount of the purchase on it. Then if I like it I add to the Visa. If I don't they won't be able to put any unauthorized charges on it..

• St
      Dec 20, 2010

Cant practice win with, cant play with them and cant WIN with them! Horrible way to do business. The Attorney General needs to shut this company down and the Owner needs to be punched in the face. It's not a FREE TRIAL OFFER. It's a bait and switch with novice hardsellers on the other line. Please spare yourself the trouble. I just know this company will end up on a Dateline NBC scam documentary one day soon.

• Am
      Dec 24, 2010

What a nightmare is to deal with the Right Size customer service department, specially when you call to request an authorization return call! Thank God, LEO the representative that "took care" of my call could not shoot me through the telephone line.
    I agree 100% that the Attorney General must shut the Right Size company...they are thieves with white gloves.

• K1
      Jan 04, 2011

They offer a free trial and even free shipping . You call and then you have to pay a 18.99 registration fee. No way. I would never give my credit card number to anything that is supposed to be free. People don't be dumb. Free means free. Attorney general shut them down for fraud

• St
      Jan 04, 2011

Yes, but the $18.99 charge only comes after you give them all your shipping info and credit card number. After they receive all that info from you they tell you that you are charged and its non refundable. They also want you to return the second bottle if you dont like the first bottle so its not even two free bottles. It also cost between 10 to 15 to send the stanky bottle back that you didnt want. Here's another kicker: When you call to return the WASTE OF A PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING, they wont allow you to return it instantly. They give you a window of two days the following week to call them back. Hoping you would forget. All the while saying "you may not be able to get thru we are very busy." If you dont return the product on the exact date they give you they charge your card 57 bucks for that nasty mix. Every month. Rip Rip, Rip OFF. As I am typing this, the commercial comes on this talk radio station I'm listening to. Which reminds me to go to the talk radio website and let the host know one of his sponsors is a CON JOB!

• Li
      Jan 07, 2011

I never received my free trial and was charged the $18.80, so i called the company. It went to another address, not my fault. I asked the $18.80 be refunded as I did not receive the product. They said it is non-refundable. They suggested I TRACK my order myself and find it. I told the rep I will NOT track the order they screwed up. I asked for a supervisor, he suggested I go to the address the product was shipped to and knock on the door. WHAT!!?? I told them both they were imbeciles and this was not "customer service." After getting me all wound up and ticked off they asked if I'd like the product to be reshipped. Are they kidding me??!! I told him no thank you and then called Capital One and put in a dispute.
    I never use a credit card when I buy something, I always use my debit, but something in my gut told me to use the credit card so I wouldn't get screwed. I am so glad I have Cap One in my corner. Wish me luck!!!
    I personally cannot knock the product as I have not tried it, but their customer service is horrible...be careful!!!

Feb 10, 2011

Buyer beware!!! this company "RIGHTSIZE SMOOTHIE" is a scam, I called within my 30 day period, got a return number and a fake address from a customer rep. sent it back, got the package back with no such address label on it, when I called them they claim no one spoke to me, because there were no notes on my account!!! so I'm out the shipping charges to receive the product, the cost for the product, of course this whole transaction took more than 30 days, plus the amount to send it back... now I'm stuck with a product that's extremely sweet, and I cannot use...

• Br
      Feb 14, 2011

RIGHTSIZE SMOOTHIES are thieves, there has to be something done about them! They are taking peoples money and making people like me think that we are the ones in the wrong. I ordered 3 cans the first time and told them that if i wanted more i would call them, well i just recieved 2 more cans and the money has been taken out of my account! I called and told them i did not order these and she told me i was on auto delivery, i tried to explain to her that i made it very clear the first time i called that i would let them know, she said to me i did not talk to a person that i ordered on a machine, which i didn't, i know the difference the person i talked with talked to me about the flavors and more i don't think machines hold conversations with you or do they now? long story short to bad.. no money back will take you off list. I have not made it through the first can yet!

Mar 06, 2011

Thank you, thank you everyone for these complaints. I have been thinking about trying this product for sometime. I am one to often do a little research and background checking on products that I am about to buy online or from 1-800 numbers and this information lets me know that this company it not to be trusted . I hope others out there will go to this website and read the complaint regarding this company's business practices and stay clear or them. I know that the experience had to have been very frustrating, however it is a great life lesson that each of you have learned and will use in all your further business transactions. Once again, I say THANK YOU. You all have save me from frustration and wage losses.

• To
      Mar 09, 2011

Again buyers beware! I decided after long thought to try the trial size offer. Again, I believe the product taste good but think of it... if that is all you eating/drinking for breakfast and lunch and a small dinner you are bound to loose weight, duh! Anyway, if you call to place and order they answer very quickly. I swear, I called to cancel 3 days prior to my time limit expiring and literally took my over 2.5 hrs to do so. On the final call I was on hold 40 mts before someone answered. Then you get the drill. For another 10 mts listening to a speel of why, lower price offers, etc. I finally received my cancellation # and went immediately to the post office to send back the unopened can. I sure hope they didn't give me a bogus mailing address...

• Here's a little lesson for every one of you that are looking for a 'free sample'.. THEY DON'T EXIST. Any time that you see the words "Free Trial Offer" ..you are set up for a delayed billing. You are trying it.. not being given a product for free. If even half of you paid attention to what you were purchasing, you wouldn't have gone through most of the problems that you encountered. Its not that difficult to comprehend. Pay attention to your terms and conditions. Its pretty much spelled out in black and white for you in the "fine print" that you all refer to it as. Apparently "fine print" refers to the area of text that everyone ignores. Its right there!! Ready for you to read! But do you read it?? Nahhhhhhh. You all are so ready to get your "free" stuff that you hurry through ALLLLL of the important information (maybe its magic ink.. OR maybe they deleted that part of the recording because they knew you were a sucker!). I'm sure the banks absolutely love hearing from you. The sad part is that some of these products might actually work for you, since you're so desperately looking for a miracle product, but you'll never know because you're too ignorant to actually put in the time and effort in any way, shape or form to do actual research. Good luck with your "free samples" people... I'm sure once you pay for chargebacks and lawyers.. and factor in all that time and other money you're going to pay to dispute the fact that YOU didn't pay attention to something you were ordering.. that it will ALL be worth it. Not only will you be out ALLL of that money.. but you're still going to be overweight, sad and stressed. And to think: this all could have been avoided if you had just **sigh** paid attention. Who knew? Not you apparently. Leave the actual success stories to the people who know what their doing ok? Do everyone a favor and stop purchasing trials.

• Ni
      Jun 22, 2011

thanks for all tha info i will not be getting it, it sounded good on tv as well as the radio thanks again nitanitro

• 1r
      Jun 24, 2011

The company and people who work for them are all pigs!. I don't know how they look at themselves in the mirror, knowing they are lying through their teeth. The have no decency and represent this product, knowing there is no intention to honor what their infomercial on the radio claims. There is no 30 day trial, and you cannot return the product, bottom line. So without going into a long explanation, just know you don't receive anything free from this company and you will end up paying $119. for a product you don't like!!!

Jul 26, 2011
    RightSize Smoothies - Wont answer the phone so I can return product
    Right Size

no web site available for returns and they dont answer the phone and if they think they are going to charge my account $115.00 they are saddly mistaken I will close it out and press charges if they try.

• Bi
      Aug 23, 2011

RightSize is a HUGE scam. My wife tried it, I was 2 days too late for the "free trial" AKA bait and switch, I was charged $119 and then auto shipped another order! I called in an I was told that the charge will stand and the auto ship cannot be canceled! What a scam. I hate when companies do this and catch poor people off guard, capitalism is one thing but this is an outright play on the common person that is not versed in legal speak. Point of the story, SCAM SCAM SCAM! It does not even taste good, it is like chalk that you have to add fruit and juice to make it palatable! All those fruit sugars really defect the point of a meal replacement shake.

• Bo
      Aug 30, 2011

I agree with "read your terms" comments. Having experienced this with another company, I read "Trial" not just "Free Trial" and ordered on line. My mistake and ignorance for not reading the fine print. And yes, I DID get the run around, long phone waits, bank calls, etc. etc.! I have not had this experience with Right Size because I like the product. I was also fully informed at the "conditions" of the trial. There isn't a business out there who wants product back. So face it, there is nothing free. This isn't Walmart, who, infact, requires a reciept for you to get your money back or you get a "Gift Card."
    With that in mind, I like the idea of a prior comment made (rpb), use a prepaid card to make your order such as Walmart or Visa. Take your pick. Then on the other hand, if you really want to try the product without the mail order hoopala, go to CVC
    pharmacy. But check with them as to their return policies as well.
    Right Size does curb hunger. Yes... you will loose weight as long as you don't go on an eating frenzy to boot! You are taking in less calories. What do you think the problem is to being overweight? Ahhh...and another point. Listen to the commercials very carefully. Women in pre, post and menopause time of their life have to exercise how long??? YES... ya still get to exercise some how and it isn't sitting on the sofa watching Jack LaLane. Oh yeah, he's deceased. So watching tv doesn't count.
    Good luck.

• P8
      Mar 05, 2012

What a rip off, that is the last time I buy anything from a radio ad. They should be taken off the air, there is nothing free in this life. I tried it, did not like it, called them, got a return authorization and was charged $119.80 on my credit card immediately after getting the authorization to return it. I was charged for shipping $14.60 and returned shipping $12.60 plus returned reciept when they receive package. I am now waiting for my returned receipt, so I can dispute the charge. What a big hassle!! It is a shame that companies like this hurt other ligiament businesses out there. I am going to spread the warning to all about this product.

Mar 06, 2012

I agree. I returned the product and it has been a month and they claim they will not give me back my money until they receive product.

• Gu
      Jul 03, 2012

Buy it at CVS Pharmacy - sometimes there are sales and you can get it $25 a canister.

• Tt
      Aug 08, 2012

I am sooo glad i read all the comments before I ordered my "FREE TRIAL" . I guess if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Ive heard nothing but bad reviews about this company, How are they still able to operate.Well i suppose when told to read the fine print, you should actually do it. So glad i didnt order this product