riders edge training course / no training

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My complaint is that this course was misleading as I informed instructor I had zero experience, and was told no problem! the course would teach from start to finish on how to ride a motor cycle class instruction did not get down to the mechanics of shifting nor was any practice allowed prior to testing on actual riding and proper operational skills needed in order to pass the riding test you are expected to just ride without the benefit of warmup or allowance of practice $219.00 was alot to spend for NOTHING! I would not recommend this course to anyone looking to learn how to ride a motor cycle .

Su

Comments

• Jf
      27th of Jul, 2009

My wife had the same problem and was also very mislead about this Rider's Edge Beginners Course and was sent home earlyand not allowed to finish the course because according to the "useless instuctor" she was slowing down the rest of the class----who just about all have some past riding experience. My wife lost 400.00.
    The instructor didn't want to take the time to do the job he alleged is qualified to do!!! I wouldn't recommend this course to any beginner riders!!!
    This course was advertised, recommended and given at Barb's H.D. in N.J.

• Bm
      5th of Jun, 2011

I started the Riders Edge Course. But prior to signing up for the course I asked if I would have any problems because I never rode on a motorcycly before. Yea your going to be fine. I did the book work with no problem. But when it comes to learning it was difficult for me. I have tons of common sense. Can drive any thing with a motor except a motorcycle I need some one who's patient. That is what I thought I was paying for in the Riders Course. Not to sit on the grass and watch everyone eles because I was lied to and told private lessons will be a additional $345 dollars. I'm contacting a lawyer it's a scam ### Harley Davidson Rider's Edge. There great if you have experience but if you don't they just take your money. See you on the bench.

• St
      28th of Jul, 2016

I had the exact safe experience. I was so frustratwd, embarrassed, and upset. Not once did the instructors tell me that there were even options for someone who just couldn't pick up the skills in a rapid pace environment. It was just awful.