riddle and wood law firmharrasment

A Review updated:

They claim that I have a debt with Capital One, But I have never had a Capital One account as verified with Capital One directly even confrenced them in to hear this. They (riddle) also claims that they will send proof of this debt and have claimed to have sent it 5 times over the past 6 months yet nothing ever arrives. They call me 1-2 times a day and when i answer they prompt me to an automated system that hangs up when i press 0. When I call them back they give the same response everytime that were hired to collect this debt and they claim that it is valid, yet I have copies (recent) of all 3 credit reports and their is no record.

• W
      Nov 23, 2009

These people keep calling my 10 yr. old's phone even after I've asked them to remove it from their database. When I try to talk to them they are rude and will not listen. They say her number is not in their database and they are not calling yet their number shows up every time.

• P
      Dec 28, 2009

These people had my 12yr. old daughter's number and called her repeatedly, they called her literally as she woke up, in class, around dinnertime EVERYDAY. Well one day she asked me if I could help her with this little issue. I called them and it connected me to a real person, this person asked us repeatedly if I was or knew Jon Brown. I was done with the nonsense and told them, "This is a minor's phone number and if you continue to keep harassing her we will get a REAL lawyer to get this setteled." I think that worked because the lady told us, "Well if you would have let me finish speaking I would have told you we can get your phone number off of this list, would you like that?" Of course I said, "Yes!" but I don't know if she knew I was serious so we'll see if they have they nerve to call back tomorrow morning.

• A
      Feb 13, 2010

Same problem. Calling repeatedly looking for a "Corey Knight" Our answering machine tells them specifically who we are and that we are not the Knight residence. The calls are getting abusive. Somebody make them stop.

• T
      Feb 26, 2010

I am having the same problems with Riddle and Wood. Purchasing Power hired them to collect a dept that I paid off on 18 May 2007. I have contacted both parties on several occassions concerning the matter and the problem is still on going. In fact my latest call, from Riddle and Wood, was this evening on 26 Feb 2010 at 7:53 p.m. They wait to call after business hours and on weekends. The last time they contacted me was Valentines Day which was on a Sunday at 8:49 p.m. Does anyone have any solutions other than calling the FBI for embezzalment charges against both companies?

• U
      Apr 12, 2010

they are saying the am thing here to. only they got my husbend info and my son name. first they said he opened it up for my son who was not even born at the time. then they said my husbend opened up and made a one time payment and at the time they said he did it he was homeless. then this time they said that they never said that. and when i told them all three time we called cap. one and they said there has never ever been an account in my husbend info or my son name. they say yes there has been and we keep tilling them no there wasn't and that i need to file a police report and i just take to the police and they said they need a latter and hears the thing i never ever got a letter from them. but i sent them one saying send me all the info or scit. and i have not gotten any info back from them. they even said i was still living liverpool which is a lie. cause i don't i have never live there my husbend did but not my son. and my husbend never use erik has his name. then they said ho they got info saying he did. they said it was a call in. so hows that info. come on i think they are trying ripp people off. they told them a judge would look at them and say where do u think this money is coming from. cause my husbend barly make enough to pay all of the bills. they are so rude and i think they are lieing. i think its a big scame to get money. but guess what i got a layer and privite inv. on this. and know the police.

• U
      Apr 12, 2010

plus my son is only 3 years old.