Riddex Plus / The product doesn't work

The funny thing is Riddex Plus states that the product is 100% guaranteed. Now they will not give me my money back after I told them that their product is not effective in my home. I have had it for two months now. I still get bugs. As a matter of fact I believe I get more now since I have started using this product than before I did. They tell me it's a 30 day money back guarantee. I was talking to customer service representative and he said that sometimes the pests will leave and then try to come back again but they should leave again. I ask, "So after 30 days if the product doesn't work that is the consumer’s problem and you no longer promise that it works?" If you know the product can stop working how can you give it a 100% guarantee? All I wanted was my money back for a product that does not work.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Jul, 2008

Thanks for the info...I won't buy one. Sounds like the company is unethical in dealings also.

24th of Jul, 2008

If you paid with a credit card have the credit card company reverse the charges. You can do this not only with the scammers at Riddex, you cana do it with any company that refuses to return your money after you exhaust all other means. That's why it's wise to pay by credit card. Try it.

24th of Jul, 2008

In addition to asking the credit card company to reverse the charges, write to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against Riddex. You can also report this scam to local and national offices dealing with consumer protection Anyway, thanks to you I just saved about $40, 00 and I will let my address book know about these crooks.

• Ke
      4th of Aug, 2008

I ordered riddexplus off the internet on July 8, 08. The company does not have any thing to check order status. It, s going on one month, and I haven, t received the product. This is a terrable company to deal with. Don't throw away your money.

• La
      18th of Sep, 2008

I bought riddex plus in May 08, it worked for about 60 days and the the mice keep coming back and I have two devices in my apartment. I called customer service to complain and they told me it might be defective so I have to send it back cause I have warranty. I asked them what the life span is and they said 10 years I know now thats not true, they just have false advertisement. The next thing is they told me to return it so I have to pay to ship it and also I have to pay shipping and handling charges for them to send it back to me. I don't think that's fair cause I'm not at fault if their product don't work, why should I have to give away money like that i'm not made of money I have small kids in my house and I'm just trying to protect my family from these creatures. I thought we finally got a safe product but boy was I so wrong. Anyone trying to purchase this product please don't it doesn't work.

• Al
      21st of Sep, 2008

black & decker sells one thats works pretty good. It cut my roaches down about 90%. Walmart sells them for 4 for $20.00

7th of Nov, 2008

I am totally aggreed with this. In fact I had bought 6 of this. My first one worked for only 3 months. Others didn't work at all. Now I hae mre roaches than I ever had before.They gave me the same crap what you had told in your e-mail. I even wanted to talk to the supervisor . He refused to talk to me because he was busy. Nothing can be done because I did not buy one year warrenty.This is totally ripp off. I wish someone can tell me where to report this so that people can think 10 times before they buy this crap product. I think this product is to have more cockkroaches at your house than you have it before.

• Mu
      14th of Dec, 2009

this riddex is a bunch of crap it doesn't work ive had it for 3 months and it seem like i have more bugs then ever. where could i go to file a complaint and get my money back?
    please if you have any solutions let me know.