Riddex / Fraud and scam

Not only does the product not work, the shipping charges are HIGH ($17.90 for the two small boxes). Tried using Riddex in garages after Hurricane Ike. Anything that ran in for shelter was not bothered by this product. I think the roaches prefer it to the good old fashioned roach spray. Maybe it's an aphrodisiac for them.

I am currently, I'm in the process of returning the product. It appears I will need lots of luck from what I've read on this site. Do not believe the hype you hear and read in their advertisements. It is pure B.S.

Va

Comments

• Na
      4th of Sep, 2008
    Riddex - High pressure on phone / told them no but charged us $47.85 anyway from Wells Fargo
    Riddex
    158 sunrise Bluffs Dr.
    Belen
    New Mexico
    Phone: 505-859-4071
    www.riddexplus.com

We called the number advertised on the TV. We were high pressured to buy Riddex plus other things. We had given our charge number but then told them we DID NOT WANT IT. MY HUSBAND EVEN CALLED BACK IMMEDIATELY TO CONFIRM THAT WE DID NOT WANT IT AND THEY SAID OK - ORDER CANCELED.

IT WAS CHARGED ILLEGALLY./W/O OUR PERMISSION.

• Um
      19th of Sep, 2008

We have a small apartment and a mild infestation, so I plugged in one unit. No results. Plugged in the 2nd unit for twice the effect. No results. Does this product work. Answer: we have an exterminator come in this week.

• St
      1st of Oct, 2008

You should complain to the Federal Trade Commission. It can take legal action against companies that are frauds and don't return money or charge without permission. Of course, complain and dispute the charges with your credit card bank.

• Ca
      11th of Oct, 2008

The Riddex device does not work and can not work. There is no way sound is going to be coming though the wiring in your house. Sound can get rid of some pest but you would have to have a high feq. sound coming out of a transducer into the air to do it. Most of the thing on TV do not work very well or not at all. Best idea is not to buy anything from TV adds.

• Er
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I also have an issue with riddex plus (less than six months) because I have seen no improvements only more roaches and now my wife saw a mouse on yesterday. I stop allowing the exterminator to come to spray because I have asthma and thought riddex would be a great solution to the spray option and roach issues. What a disappointment and a waste of money, all this technology we have and we can not create a product that can rid us of pest but rely on caveman tactics of toxic sprays and mouse traps.

11th of Nov, 2008

I've had it for about a month now, I've seen a decline in roches but noticed that its an early deterent. While unit is plugged in theres a green steady light, so when there is an interruption in the signal ( humans) it alerts the pests. When staying in the immidiate area for one minute a red flashing light goes off continuing the alarm alerting the pests. So it leaves you thinking it works and you recomend it to others, but in reality the pests are still there just hidding.

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2009
    Riddex - PRODUCTS NEVER RECEIVED
    RIDDEX PLUSS
    Phone: 8668134927
    RIDDEXPLUSS.COM

I SAW THE COMMERCIAL ON TV, I CALL AND PURCHASED THEIR PRODUCT WHICH I SUPOUSE TO RECEIVE IN A 7 DAYS, BUT THIS NEVER HAPPENED; REDDEX CHARGE ON MY DEBIT CARD $59.99 FOR A PRODUT I NEVER GOT IT.
    AS SEEN ON TV THE OFFER WAS ONLY $19.99

• Ra
      2nd of Mar, 2009

A month after i received my riddex plug ins one blew up in the outlet, went on fire and could have caused a lot of damage. However, i was home heard the explosion and used A&H baking soda to put out the outlet fire. I called riddex customer service #and the corp.headquarters #, i only got voice mail.I gave the recording all information and my phone#as i felt this was a dangerous situation that could leave another family with a tragedy, especilly if curtins ect. where near theplug in socket.NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK.

• Ra

3 PIER STREET
    Yonkers
    New York
    Phone: 914-751-8188

PURCHASED ITEM THEY LEFT ITEM IN FRONT OF MY DOOR ITEM WAS TAKEN. CO. CLAIMS THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT AND MY MONEY WAS NOT GOING TO BE RETURNED.

• Da
      27th of May, 2009
    Riddex - while placing an order was scamed to receive 50 dollars of gas vouchers for 14.99 of which I never agrred to.
    free gas central.com
    Austin
    Texas

While placing a televised offer for riddex units, a commerical comes on letting me know that they will be sending me 50 dollars of gas vouchers that I never agreed to. This is deceiving and a scam at its best.

• De
      2nd of Jun, 2009
    Riddex - PRODUCT SCAM
    RIDDEX
    Virginia

BOUGHT RIDDEX IN HOPES IT WOULD TAKE CARE PESTS WITHOUT HAVING TO USE CHEMICALS. IT TURNS OUT TO BE A BIG JOKE, SO I GUESS I AM OUT THE MONEY FOR THE PRODUCT, PLUS NOW I HAVE TO GET THE CHEMICALS TO TAKE CARE OF PROBLEM. SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT TAKING THIS PRODUCT ADVERTISING OFF AIR. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM.

• Da

Crestwood
    Illinois
    Phone: 708-705-5109
    wckpeck97@gmail.com

After using such product i find it does create activity in the begining. But after months of use the problem still persist. Product is far from cheap, so i expected positve results. Very dissatisfied. It appears the insects are growing in numbers. I have never unplugged product so if it suppose to work what happened? I feel the product is a scam and i warn anyone thinking of buying it : BEWARE!

• Er
      30th of Jul, 2009

It dose not work and thire making me sick.

21st of Sep, 2009

I have not used this product, but thought that everyone should be aware that ALL of the manufacturer's of this garbage/scam are under order form the FTC to not make claims that the product repels ANYTHING. See this link: http://www.ftc.gov/os/2003/08/globaldo.pdf
    for more details, but the meat of it is that they:

shall not make any representation, in any manner, expressly or by implication, that such pest-control
    product:
    A. repels, controls, drives away, or eliminates, temporarily or indefinitely, mice, rats,
    cockroaches, or any other insects or animal pests,
    B. repels, controls, drives away, or eliminates any mice, rats, cockroaches, or any
    other insects or animal pests in a desired area or an area of a certain size,
    C. is an effective alternative to or eliminates the need for chemicals, pesticides,
    insecticides, exterminators, or any other pest control product or service, or
    D. will alter the electromagnetic field, send a pulsating signal, or otherwise work
    inside the walls or through the wiring of homes, offices, schools, restaurants,
    hospitals, or other buildings in a manner that effectively repels, controls, or
    eliminates mice, rats, cockroaches or any other insects or animal pests,

Unless they show testing to prove otherwise, which I have seen no evidence of.

• Na
      4th of Oct, 2009

Yeah. My dad bought Riddex a few months ago and we have cockroach problems. These things don't work and we had to get an exterminator.

• Bu
      2nd of Nov, 2009
    Riddex - did not work
    Riddex

I had a mouse, in the kitchen, after having a riddex plugged in for several months. And now I've seen a second one in my livingroom. I live in an apartment, so the size only needed one riddex.

• Rh
      17th of Jan, 2010

Thank you all, I was going to buy this product to get rid of the bugs in my apartment, but after reading all of this I believe I'll stick with the combat gel. It really works and it is cheaper. Thanks

• He
      1st of Jul, 2011

I know I have one and it is the one spot the roaches swarmed...I hate it and i would never buy another one or advise anyone to get one