Rickenbacker Group / bogus towing charge

I just checked my creditreport and found that these guys placed a derogatory complaint on me for a towing charge out of california. I live in Las Vegas Nevada and rarely go to california and haven't been in 4 years. I have not ever had to use a towing company in california for anything I have disputed this claim. However I read that this is the sort of poor business practices that have led to the demise of the american ecconomy. This just another example of greedy americans preying on there own. No wonder the rest of the world hates us so.

Comments

• Al
      16th of Sep, 2008

i agree with everything you just said. the same thing happened to me, except i gave the car to my dad who sold to one of those used car lots. well the person who bought it left it somewhere and it got towed so i am charged for that and then they sold it at a auction and it got towed again ...yep got charged for that to. I have been in the Army for the last 10 years i am glad to see that i am fighting for companies who are allowed to F&*( people over.

18th of Sep, 2008

I had the exact same problem with Rickenbacker Group. They are frauds. I found a derogatory complaint on my credit report from 2002, when i was 16, stating i owed a company called gamefly 95 dollars. I called rickenbacker and told them i have never used Gamefly and they have the wrong person and they were certain it was for me and i owed Gamefly 95 dollars and have never responded to my letters in the mail. I called Gamefly to find out my brother owed them 95 dollars, same address same last name, just Josh instead of Joe. I told them they need to take care of rickenbacker group with my credit report. A few days later they called me and said rickenbacker said they never had me under their collections they had Josh the whole time. I called rickenbacker this time quite furious and tried to get an explanation they said they cant take anything off my credit report because they never had my name to begin with. So here i am with bad credit and never did a thing wrong, just getting screwed by some fraud collection agency who has no idea what they are doing. Do you think i need to get ahold of an attorney to get my credit taken care of? I have tried calling them a few times but they wont talk to me since i supposedly don't owe them money and never have, except my credit still says so.

30th of Sep, 2008

The same thing happenned to me. In 2004 we sold a car to a young guy and his grandfather, we made the mistake of not making out a bill of sale. A few years later I got a call from a tow company telling me they towed my car and I owe $1000.00, I told them I sold that car 2 years ago. Apparently, the guy never registered the car in his name and now I'm in collections with Rickenbacker. Does anyone know how to get this out of collections? I have the receipt from when I turned the plates into DMV but I don't even have the name of the person I sold the car to. It's hard to apply for a mortgage loan with this on our credit report

8th of Oct, 2008

Never in my life i had a car towed and now this company is affecting negatively my credit report saying that i howe $1, 653.00. I am asking this company to inmediately remove my name from their books.

8th of Oct, 2008

Yup. Same here. This company is a total racket. Sounds like a class action lawsuit in here. I am hiring credit fixing attorneys and they pretty much told me they will have the easiest time with these slimebags. I have no intention of paying these thieves a dime.

• Lv
      14th of Jan, 2009

Same happened here. Looks like there was already a prior lawsuit in San Francisco. http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/settlements/02647/towing.html is the link. I had my car stolen, and the tow yard wanted a large sum of money. They told me I could give them my title instead, so I gave them my title, as the car was not salvageable. SIX YEARS later, i get a hit on my credit report from RICKENBACKER GROUP for $1400 in collections.

• Lv
      14th of Jan, 2009

let me know lvcrxrcr at email site yahoo.com if anyone pursues a lawsuit against them. I can join in.

• Co
      30th of Mar, 2011

Breaking news!! Rickenbacker is closing their doors and ordered by the district attorney of Santa Clara to withdrawal all negative credit reporting. To be added to the list of people wanting to have their credit report cleared contact the Santa Clara Consumer Protection Department at 408-792-2836, ask for Cory Finnegan.