Rickenbacker Group / Fraud and cheating!

I sold a car, new owners never transfered it to there name, car got towed, now cost of tow went to collections under my name. Rickenbacker refuses to remove this from my credit even though there is a bill of sale on record at the DMV showing I had sold the car!! They say the only way to remove this is to pay it, and then take new owners to small claims!! I have no record of who they are or where they are!! Help smb!

Comments

4th of Apr, 2007

I would file a small claims law suit against Rickenbacker Group. Take in your proof that you sold the car and that the new owners have not transfered the car into their name. This co seems to want a scapegoat to pay their fee and like since they cannot find the real owners of the car and your name is on the title still they are trying to force you to pay. I would bet you any kind of money this would not hold up in front a Judge and not only will they lose the towing fee but have to pay for court costs as well.

Good Luck

• Aa
      12th of Jun, 2007

Rickenbacker Collections is a bad company. More like a sweat shop. All of their agents are out of peru. They do business with company's and laugh at their cause while ripping off their customers... Carlos Casas is the owner, ext 107. One of the most two-faced people you will ever deal with. Un happy fat little man. It is one of the worst collection agency's I have ever done business with. The last time as well. A real shady company. Be-ware.

• Gl
      23rd of Aug, 2007

Same thing happened to me... my husband sold his car to a family member and that family member sold it to a cousin, and they never changed the name!! The car got taken away from cops and we were the ones screwed!!

Turns out the car was sold on an auction and WE had to pay 900+ dollars or else it was going to be taken to collections... Lesson learned that you cant even trust "family".

• De
      2nd of Oct, 2007

Deez-nuts!

• De
      2nd of Oct, 2007

I posted other comments about this [censored] company and they removed them. Whats wrong, can't take the truth! POS Co - LOL

Oh yeah, I've been with this co for about 3 years I (which is a .0001% of my life - I'm 93 years old) and I smell like ben-gay and duuuush!!! Call me old geasers, ext113! I got double d's that hang loooooow bi-och!

• Ge
      8th of Jan, 2008

• Ca
      30th of Jan, 2008

Yes, I am the owner of Rickenbacker. And I am proud to say to I live in a nice-### house with my hummer parked out front, and it was all due to you sorry people who paid your "collection bill" - ha ha ha. I take money to make money. I might have a short dick, but I got a fat ###... I mean wallet! So if you get a bill from my company, please pay it on time, as I got ho's to pay baby!

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2008

Yes, beware of Rickenbacker! They are liars, and you do NOT have to take any harrassment from them. Call their bluff, because they know that they are totally full of it. They recently came after my small company for a completely bogus debt, and I told them I simply would not pay it because I did not owe it. The representative said that they "have no other alternative but to continue to call" and I told them that I would have no other alternative "to continue to hang up on them". This company is evil. Do not let them bully you!!!

• Pe
      29th of Apr, 2008

I got a call from Rickenbacker Group. The only reason I knew it was R.Group was because it was on my caller I.D. The man said "I need you to verify your address", etc. I said what for, what do you want. He would not answer. I told him I do not give out personal info to people I don't know who they are or what they want". He hung up on me. What is with that bull crap. What kind of business is that?

3rd of Jun, 2008

I just want to share my experience with Rickenbacker group, I told them my situation, I sold the car, new owner never changed the registration over etc etc. They worked with me gave me some time to get the money and actually I found the guy I sold the vehicle to. I asked the buyer to pay this fee he said no take me to court, so I did. I paid Rickenbacker first, so it would come off my credit report and then sued the buyer for the payment I made lawyer fees and missing work. Now I get a bi- weekly paycheck of $609.37 from the buyer, until March of 09. You do the math! I won this one and it was because Rickenbacker gave me some good tips. So for me Rickenbacker group is one hell of a company!!!

• En
      10th of Jun, 2008

Come on John, you must be working for these sleezballs. Most of their "agents " are borderline illegals who speak crappy english or hussy gangsters out of the getto. I think your full of $hit.

• Li
      17th of Jul, 2008

We have another experience with Smart Collect www.scollect.com and www.rickenbackergroup.com. We hired them to collect on some accounts for us. It seemed reasonable...10 bucks per month.

We paid for months and months. Watching the notes in there system do nothing. Yet they collected the money. They would ignore emails and voicemails. They would constantly mix up accounts...we had our clients receiving letters with other clients info. Whe I would get ahold of them...within seconds they added notes to there system that they attempted contact...literally while I was on the phone hitting the refresh button.

We finally cancelled the service. About 2 weeks later they recieved a check for $174.95 on an account they had been "collecting on". They called us and said we worked so hard and we collected this money for it. If you want it pay a $60.00 fee and we will send it to you. WHAT!!! You guys must be in love...why after you never did any work...just collect money month after month...would I send you another $60.00 for you to steal.

Stay clear from these scam artists. Smart Collect and the Rickenback Group are first rate scam artists. This is extortion and blackmail.

I am wondering if anyone else has used there service with simular experiences.

• Ke
      11th of Aug, 2008

Well, well, well... First of all, I'm pissed I had yet another girl baby... I hate women, it should of been a boy; but life goes on. I work for this ### company, rickenbacker... As a sales man that only works of getting business from company that offers me a big reward. If you are a small company, please go away. But if you have a million plus to collect on, please, please, please send it my way. Email: kbaker@rickenbackergroup.com. I will not collect ###, due to the fact all of my collectors are from Iran or Peru. And even though we are based out of California, and most of our collectors are ungraduated jiggers from the getto, I will never call you back to let you know we got money from your accounts. If I do, I will send you as little as possible. We scam you, because it puts money on our table... Not yours!!!

• Cu
      11th of Aug, 2008

We are looking for ### and illiegals working at this piss of $### company... Reward: $5999.00. Please contact ICE to claim.

11th of Aug, 2008

I can;t give you my real name, my fake name with the compant is Jazz. The general manager is Dee. She fired me due to the fact she was racist. I worked here over 9 years, the company is now downsizing due to lack of business. Dee claimed I am "too black" to work here anymore... I am now contacting obama, orpah and civil rights dept. Rickenbacker is a bad company. I will never deal with again...

My name is Marc,

I had 3 recent accounts placed with Rickenbacker, After placing them, I never heard back from this company. I tried calling over and over again to a Mr. Baker and never got a call back. I had to use another company after 6 months. I finally got my money after using another collection agency. I would never use this company again. You submit accounts and never speak to anyone again... pointless!!!

11th of Aug, 2008

Smartcollect... More like SmartScam!!!

• Ba
      11th of Aug, 2008

Rickenbacker is great! I placed a debt for 430, 000 and got 1, 300 back after 3 years! I finally love this country!!!

nextniggerinoffice@oprah.com

• Li
      11th of Aug, 2008

Amazing...we just got an email from this company...I should report that since this blog and after several calls they did pay...amazingly...I got this email from them 5 minutes ago...

E-Mail from "Carlos Casas" to "Kevin" (https://www.complaintsboard.com)
    Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:07:33 -0700
    ________________________________________
    hey... [censored] you... you got your money you cry baby ###!

________________________________________
    E-Mail from "Carlos Casas" to "Kevin" (https://www.complaintsboard.com) ComplaintsBoard.com [ccasas@rickenbackergroup.com]
    Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:51:42 -0700
    ________________________________________
    Stop blogging on me. I took your cash, deal with it bi-otch! [censored]ing ###!

I eddited the F words...and my mistake he sent two!!!

This company is full of crooks...stay clear of them and warn everyone of their practices.

I am sorry, I had to post again...I am in shock! DO NOT use these companies for collection purpouses...Smart Collect www.scollect.com and www.rickenbackergroup.com.

If you are sent to them for collections...record everything and keep copies of everything. If you have business dealing with them and you are inside their state...file a suit against them.

Warn everyone about this company...the emails they sent me seem almost threatening. I am locking my doors...I don't trust they wouldn't do anything. What kind of company would send emails like that?

Below is there contact information...feel free to contact them...especially Carols Casas the CEO.

Toll Free: 888 - 800 - 7939

Po Box 910
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Direct: 408 - 762 - 7319
    Fax: 408 - 762 - 7201
    Email: ccasas@rickenbackergroup.com/mbarreras@rickenbackergroup.com/apatel@rickenbackergroup.com/tbevington@rickenbackergroup.com
    www.scollect.com and www.rickenbackergroup.com

13th of Aug, 2008

my girlfriend is getting calls at her job from a brooke looking for me when she asked what it pertains to they just hung up on her i'd like to know what this is about.