Rickenbacker Collections / Terrible customer service!

15005 Concord CircleMorgan Hill, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-408-762-7280
When I tried calling this company regarding a form that I received in the mail stating that I had a car that had been towed and impounding and that there was an outstanding balance after they had auctioned off the car that they were trying to collect from me. I tried to explain to them that I had traded that car in on oct 15 2005 and that all of the towing and impounding was done after that date that it was not my responsibility and that I was not going to pay for it. They told me that I had to prove to them that I had traded the car in. I sent them the trade discloser form time and time again and they still called and harassed me even put the collections on my credit report. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

Comments

Kr
  4th of Mar, 2008
There is alot more to know about this collection company. If you google Rickenbacker Collections you will find lots of negative comments about fraudulent auto tow charges. Most are similar in the fact that the car was previously sold. I hope you will become aware of this before you pay them any money. Good luck.
Re
  11th of Sep, 2008
They are terrible. I had traded my car In late 2006 and now, in 2008 they are harrassing me for some apparent towing costs. They do not listen and threaten negative credit reports. I am going to base legal for help. If the same thing is happening to you- don't pay! Help us fight this company and bring them down through FTC and lawsuits.
Fi
  24th of Feb, 2010
With this many people affected, we should maybe think about a class action suit.
Sa
  2nd of Jul, 2010
RICKENBACKER should be hit with the biggest CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ever ! Especially during this era of consumer protection.
My sons car was on a tow lot, because the TOW company damaged the car, and after I went and picked up the car and they RELEASED THE CAR...
Rickenbacker called me for 1 year almost every other day despite threats...they still put it on my CREDIT and I have to pay these crooks, because it will cost
me more to be right and not pay them due to the credit ding !
So
  19th of Aug, 2010
REcieved a similar call last week about my car that was towed almost 4 years ago. I paid the hookup and tow fees, then signed the vehicle over to the tow company, and sent off my release of liability. Now they claim that never happened. Which is funny because the tow company was driving my car around the very next week. So if what they say is true, then they were joyriding/grand theft auto my car while it still belonged to me. (I have photos and witnesses) Which is a felony. I wonder if they still want to collect from me.