Rickenbacker Collection Services / Janice/ Cynthia, customer rep.'s

1 15005 Concord CircleMorgan Hill, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-573-8774

I called the collection services phone number regarding a collections bill I had received for a hit and run car accident that I had been in. When I called the first 2 times the women that answered had put me on hold with out even saying hello, then hung up on me. When I called for the third time I spoke with a woman named Janice. I started off by telling her of my situation and tried to figure out a situation of making payments. Throughout our whole conversation the woman had a sever attitude with me, saying things such as "do you think you're the first person to call me telling me about a car accident?" and "well car accidents happen and that is not our problem." There was at no time within the phone call where the woman was the smallest bit polite or even civil. I then asked to speak to her supervisor because she had an attitude, where she then lied and said that she was in a meeting and that she "hasn't even started with an attitude YET." and then hung up on me. I called back and when the woman picked up she proceeded to put me on hold, where I could hear her laughing and talking in the background. When she got on the phone with me I told her of my previous situation in calling in, and she told me that she was Janice's supervisor. I told her that Janice's attitude and whole manner with me was unproffesional and un-necessary. I told her I was trying to work my situation out, where she started on her same speech about my situation with even MORE attitude than the first woman. I told her that I was just going to leave my bill in collections since the amount was wrong and the people I was dealing with (her included) were rude and obnoxious. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said that JANICE was her supervisor, and when I asked her why she had told me she was Janice's manager she completely changed her story.I then just hung up, after spending almost 45 minutes wasting my time. I know all they want is my money, but that is FAR from what they are going to get.

Comments

• Lo
      13th of Dec, 2007

I'm glad this complaint was searchable. I've been received numerous automated voice messages "this call is of a personal nature and to please call the 800 number." I ignored it many times but was getting irritated by the messages left. These days, no one knows if their being scammed or not!!! Anyhow, through this search, I was able to determine that they were a collection agency and since I don't owe past due bills, called them. It appears they were searching for someone with my same surname who I had never heard of. Do they just start randomly dialing anyone with the same name in hopes of a payday? Anyhow, they say they'll remove my phone number from their list... we'll see.

• Lo
      20th of Dec, 2007

They didn't remove my phone number and now are calling regularly and adding an account number for me to refer to when I call. I called again to ask that they stop contacting because they have the wrong person..A very rude individual was at the other end of the line. I am keeping every message recorded. This is getting to the point of harrassment.

• Ad
      26th of Feb, 2008

They are so bad. This is not a nice collection agency with manner.

17th of Apr, 2008

We've received two phone calls with the automated message as well. We are on the do-not-call registry and I plan on filing a complaint there.

• Hd
      10th of Jul, 2008

Call this collection agency and talked to Carmen. Hung up on me twice. Very rude and impolite. This is most upsetting because the bill is not even mine. Could not even get across to her what I wanted because of her constant interruptions, just simply said call back again next week was her response(WHY!!) I won't even bother with them anymore. I wish there was a way to report these people. I think it's best to dispute this collection with the credit agencies...

• Mi
      13th of Oct, 2008

OMG, I also had terrible experiences with Rickenbacker, and "Janice" as well. Every time I talked with anyone from that comp[any, they say they'll notate the account with our dicussion, but then I'll hear from someone else and they;ll rudely say there is "nothing written here..." and that's not all! I have talked to people and gotten their name and Janice wwould very rudely state that there is no employee by those names. There is another time that "Janice" and I talked---and then a week or two later, says we've never talked! All personel from this company are extremely rude and ignorant, not even able to seak with proper grammar. Finally, I wrote a letter, sent it certified mail, return reciept requested that because of afore mentioned problems in telephone discussions, I will no longer accept telephone calls from them; that all communication henceforth will be in writing only. So, for the past 10 months, they call 3 times daily with a pre-recorded message to please call this number to "discuss important personal business".
    I tried to get the phone # blocked, but our phone service provider, Time Warner does not have that service. So short of changing our internet, phone, and cable TV server or changing the telephone number, I have to always have the answering machine on and screen calls. The solution to repair the FICO score damage and stop the collection action is to go to court to get a court order for cease and desist.

This whole problem was due to the sale of a vehicle we used to own. Eight months after we sold it, it was towed away and stored. Because the kid never smogged the car, registration was not yet complete, therefore making me an "interested party" to the claim of $2500 debt for storage of a 1988 clunker given to a college student for $1.00. Although DMV states they did not recieve my release of liability, when I went in to DMV, the agent told me not to worry, because the buyer had already come in and begun the registration process a long time ago. Rickenbacker refused to accept the paperwork I sent, such as the bill of sale, and the paper I recieved from DMV showing the buyer as the registered owner. They insisted that I get proof of title, which is IMPOSSIBLE per DMV, since I am NOT the owner of the car. Ridiculous! When I went to the top at DMV in Sacramento, I was told that since the car was sold to a junkyard and the buyer had lost the car to leinholder's sale before the registration process was complete, that HIS info was purged and my name is listed as a previous owner...which leaves me in an unfortunate position!
    Anyway, I just had to shere my experience with these unsavory characters.

27th of Oct, 2008

Rickenbacher has resurrected a two yr old bogus claim that even DMV backed me up on over a gift of a $100 car to an illegal alien who did not register it, ( I did a non op immediately) the goold old towing co who towed the car away as it was not registered hired Rickenbacher to go after me for $1, 300 After two yrs. they brought it back up. I asked for copies of all my paperwork from dmv they sais "we do not have to give you anything" so now I am having trouble retracing my paperwork. They are so rude. This has left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Jay

• Ca
      6th of Nov, 2008

rickenbacker is the worst bunch of crooks about 5 yrs ago my car was towed and impounded by a towing company. they said if i didnt want the car i could give then the title and they would junk the car my friend gave them the title. now about 4-5 years later they (rickenbacker)is calling me saying i owe several hundred dollars. they call and call i WILL NOT give them a penny they are crooks

• De
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I Agree satanic people. Those people have ### rolling all over the place. I got my car towed and I gave the release of liability. Then in just 3 months they say i owe 5000 for storage.

• To
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I to had a car impounded.And am now being" in my opinion being harrassed". After many calls to my phone at work, after telling them not to call me during business hours, I answer my phone to here "I need to contact them about important personal business".I signed the pink over to the tow company, because I could not afford to pay the 30 day hold fees 2400.00. So they sold the car at auction, and ricken###youover is telling me I owe them 1, 632.30.These people are STUPID if I could not afford the impound fees, what makes them think they are getting anything after i gave up the car? Just like alot of the complaints on this page and others regarding rickenbaker, the people are just rude, and I was also hung up on twice.This company is a joke, with there threatening phone calls and letters.with all of these complaints there must be something that can be done legally.But as for me I have to file bankruptsy that is why I told them that what ever they had to say to me meant less than nothing to me, but I would put it on my list of I dont give a ###!!!

• Pd
      20th of Apr, 2010

Sold my vehicle and received a release of liability form. I signed the form and notified them of who purchased the vehicle. Two years later I receive a bill from Rickenbacker. They were rude and used swear words while yelling at me on the phone. They played games like offering half off the bill, but when you called to pay they say, oh that offer expired 15 minutes ago you have to pay the full amount. So, now I wont pay them a penny. They are rude crooks.

• Am
      7th of Sep, 2010

File a complaint with the CA office of the Attorney General. It's easy, only takes a few minutes, and they resolved the fraudulent charge on my account within 2 weeks. I fought these scam artists for 4 years and finally figured out what I had to do. If we get lots of complaints in to the Attorney General, they will be able to take action against these guys.

Right hand side of the page linked above, click on Consumer Complaint against Business/Company

Good luck to all the other victims out there. Please help me spread the word so we can flood the Attorney General with complaints on these guys!