Richard A. Brennan / $2,422 stolen from me!

First of all, I was assured by this firm that a parent plus loan could be handled through their agency... which it turns out federal parent plus loans are exempt from debt collection / consolation programs. After SEVEN months at $346 per month AND NOT ONE CREDITOR BEING paid and countless number of phone calls from creditors at all hours of the day and night, I was told in November of 2006 by Sam, the law student, that I would receive a refund after Thanksgiving of 2006. I have talked to at least three people who assure me they are "adding my name to the refund list" and I will get a check soon, and each time I call and ask to speak to that person they are no longer working there.

The whole ordeal has been the worse experience in my life. Before I signed up with their program I was keeping my head above water on my own until I had to pick up the payments on a parent plus loan because my adult daughter was no longer able to work and pay the loan. That was the ONLY reason I considered a debt management program. Now my credit is ruined because of fraud and misrepresentations this firm made. In addition to losing $2,422 plus $200 fee to Mr. Brennan, my credit is ruined and LATE FEES AND INTEREST ACCUMULATED FOR SEVEN MONTHS BECAUSE THE CREDITORS DIDN'T GET PAID ONE DIME. I EVEN GOT SUED BY ONE CREDITOR.

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Jul, 2007

I think your life was ruined by the fact that you spent money you didn't have.

• Du
      28th of Jul, 2007

People need to really read the federal guidelines "Creditors" are under. It wasn't or isn't debt management, it debt "SETTLEMENT" no one tricked your or lied to you. Everything is in black and white because you did sign a agreement.

Debt loses its value over time and creditors are held to strict federal guidelines that no one, on this planet seems to know about for some odd reason. Settlement doesn't involve any interest. Creditors make money off of interest that why they start debt consolidation and money management companies. People really don't know that the credit card companies own those very same company's and keep you revolving in a constant credit circle. Call it the "CREDIT MATRIX"

Only one fee of 38.35 a month... And they saved me more money than they quoted me for...

They quoted me for .60 on the dollar. I had 20k worth of debt, which after .60 on the buck it comes down to 12k. I really only paid back like 8k and yes my credit didn't take a hit, but hell it was already ###ed up... I paid back less money and I got out of debt quicker and did I mention the credit rating boost back to 690+ from 434... Because I paid my debt off, which is the PRIMARY GOAL...

This is the quote, unquote "HOOKUP" it just seem like a difficult route.