Rhousemedia.com / Fraud

1 Laguna Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

I think this company is a fraud. It supposedly services iPods. In response to my inquiries, I was contacted via e-mail by a "Jason@Rhousemedia.com." They have at least 3 e-mail addresses, and everything goes to "Jason." We sent in my daughter's iPod as there is no one in my small town who can repair one. The jack receptacle was loose, a simple problem. After two months, we have never received it back, no one answers the telephone, and the e-mail addresses don't work. It's the first time I have ever paid anyone $39.99 to steal from me. I am contacting the police. This company has a PO Box in Laguna Beach, and I believe this is mail fraud.

John Lambert

Comments

• Sh
      31st of Jan, 2009
    RHouseMedia.com - Terrible experience
    RHouseMedia.com
    rhousemedia.com

I sent my ipod to this company in October and they repaired it and i paid 160.00 dollars. When they sent the ipod back in late November and it wasn't working. I called them and told them what was going on and they told me to send it back to them. I sent the ipod back December 10, i haven't heard a word since then. I have called and emailed them but no one has responded.

• Gr
      9th of Feb, 2009

My name is Greg, and I recently began managing the Rhousemedia.com

I apologize for the poor service you may have received in the past, and I assure you that I will ensure that your iPod is repaired and sent back to you immediately, and I'll cover your shipping cost.

As well, there will be a 90 day warranty on any replacement part(s) we've installed.

If you have any question or comments, please contact me directly at:

Greg@rhousemedia.com

And I will personally respond to you immediately.

I hope that helps, and, again, I do apologize for any past poor service. It won't happen again.

• La
    Laguna Beach
    California
    Phone: 877-467-7726
    rhousemedia.com

I submitted my iPod for repair in mid-February to RHousemedia to the amount of $140.00 for replacement of a logic board and battery. I received it back approximately 3 weeks later. The battery didn't hold a charge for longer than 36 hrs. I contacted Rhousemedia and sent my iPod back for repair. They said they replaced the battery with another battery and shipped it back. Again, the battery, after receiving it does not hold a charge for more than 36 hrs, even after quality control, said I should have no further problems in a phone message. It is now the middle of April. Enough frustration and doubts looking elsewhere

15th of May, 2009

I had a rotten experience with them as well.

• Al
      20th of May, 2009

well I did get my ipod back and repaired after waiting several weeks and sending repeated emails...they claim to fix in 24 hours but it has been a full month and I just got mine back today.

They bent up the chrome backing from when they pried it open so now there is a big dent that sticks out the side, but hey, at least my sound works now.

I'd give them a -2 star rating.

• Rh
      22nd of May, 2009

John Lambert,

Your iPod was repaired and sent out on May 4th, 2009. You may track your order by visiting USPS.com and entering your tracking number: 420898019101805213907442016658. We are sorry for any inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Rhousemedia.com

• Kr
      28th of May, 2009

This company is NOT A FRAUD!!! They could not fix my i-pod touch due to water damage. I loved that they admitted it and sent it back with no hassle. I spoke with Nathanial in their customer service department and he was extremely helpful and timely in addressing my case. Thanks rhousemedia.com Hopefully my next i-pod touch will not need service, but if it does, I'm coming to you again!
    Kristin
    Warren, NJ

30th of Jun, 2009

My name is John Lambert, and I previously posted that I thought Rhousemedia.com is a fraud. I have been contacted by Rhousemedia and asked to retract my comments. I will not go so far, but I will add to my previous comments. First, I believed that Rhousemedia.com was a fraud based upon the information that I had at the time I posted my comment. Subsequent to posting that comment, I threatened to take some very serious steps against them if they did not respond to my telephone calls. Someone then telephoned me, apologized, and the iPod was sent back in good repair very quickly after this. I see that others have problems with this company. I don't think Rhousemedia is a "fraud." I think they probably don't have enough repair people to keep up with the volume of work, but I don't really know. Perhaps they don't care, perhaps they do. When I first sent in the iPod, everyone was nice to me, so I agree at least with Kristin's comment; however my subsequent experience was different than hers. But after time rolled by without the iPod being returned, and then the e-mail service listed on their web site would not work, and repeated telephone calls went unreturned, I naturally thought it was a scam. So, it's not a fraud, but I can't recommend them. I bought another iPod directly from Apple along with a service agreement for $50.00 so I don't have to go through what I did with an internet company again. Maybe Rhouse is better, and there won't be so many negative comments about them in the future. I wish them the best in the future.

• La
      19th of Aug, 2009

I sent in my ipod nano last december and have not recieved a working ipod of similar make and model! It is now nearing the end of august and i still do not have an ipod. They sent me and ipod with someone else's name on it and pink about 2 months ago that could not connect with the computer and therfor I couldnt upload my songs on to it! SO, I sent it back to them and am still waiting for an ipod... Probably the most terrible service I have ever seen! Now I call and there phone is disconnected... Is there someone besides the BBB I can contact to report theft?

Layne Johnson

• R0
      10th of Oct, 2009

I send a $15.00 money to this rhousemedia company who seemed pretty legit. This money order was sent after they diagnosed my iPod (supposively). It takes them about a day or two letting me know I had to send them $15.00 because they couldn't fix it. I wait until they receive my money order for about two months... and they still don’t receive it. So I cancel the first money order out and send another one. Finally they receive the new money order letting me know I should be receiving my iPod in 3 to 5 days. It takes two weeks for the iPod to finally get here...and guess what. It's the wrong iPod!!! The day I received the iPod back was yesterday 10/9/09. They don’t answer any of my phone calls, but strangely they answer my calls when I first needed assistance. Their customer service is making me highly upset because I found out a couple weeks ago; I could have gone directly to Apple for repairments to my iPod. I have no idea what to do now but take some serious action. Because the worst part about it all is that the warranty on my iPod expires this Christmas, so I'm really getting impatient now. I really don’t want to make indignation of all of this but, they give me no choice.

Maritz Hall
    Angry customer

• Cf
      24th of Sep, 2010

i sent in my iPod and got it diagnosed, fixed and returned very quickly. they contacted me by phone and e-mail when they received it. i had also spoken to them by phone before sending it in and found them to be very knowledgable, attentive and professional. overall, the service was GREAT. perhaps they have gotten better since these complaints, but i dealt with them in the Summer of 2010 and was very satisfied and highly recommend them to friends all the time.

C. Fabien
    McDonough, GA

1st of Jun, 2011

• Ti
      14th of Jun, 2011
    RHouseMedia.com - Stole my money and Ipod
    Rhousemedia.com
    rhousemedia.com

Same story as above. Send in my Ipod in March. Waited. Send email. Spoke with Jason on 4-6-09 Paid $180.00 for battery and faceplate. Told me my battery was dead. I sent them a brand new battery. I could not figure how to install it. They told me it was dead. New hard drive. Left several messages. Call and said they tried 3 drives from a vendor. All failed. Send me another email on april 15. Sorry for the delay. From Jeff. I have call in the last 3 days and no company. Guess were screwed!