Rhodes Furniture / HSBC Rhodes Credit Card

1 P.O. Box 15521Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 302-478-9056

My credit reports are showing that my HSBC Rhodes charge account is still open. I have tried to call the number that is listed on the credit report.[protected]) It is a discontiued number. This is a bad business practice for any company. If you cannot reach the company to close your account, why are they still showing I have an active account. Please help

Comments

• Lo
      4th of Jul, 2008

I have this exact same problem. What the heck do we do about it? I want this account off or at least moved to the "closed accounts" portion of my credit report.

• Va
      23rd of Jul, 2008
    Rhodes Furniture - Beware
    Rhodes Furniture
    www.rhodesfurniture.com

Purchased pillow top mattress/frame set 7/2004.

Three areas on mattress have begun to show signs of dry rotting.

Have been unable to get touch with anyone concerning this matter.

It's the last time I will purchase anything from a store going out of business.

To my knowledge, I am not aware of any resources I can tap into to get help with this problem.

As a consumer, I think it awful to sell furniture with a warranty and not be able to have the warranty honored when a problem arises.

• Co
      21st of Sep, 2010

I have the same issue. I paid off my balance over five years ago, but my credit report is showing that I have a balance of $705. This is harming my credit score. I'm uncertain as of what to do.

• De
      18th of Mar, 2011

if anyone find a number for rhodes furniture please send to me po box 3044brunswick, ga31521 im trying to reach them too please help

• De
      18th of Mar, 2011

please if someone reacch rhodes furniture please help.or if you know a business that help remove items off credit report free let me know too address is above.
    po box 3044 brun swick, ga. 31521

• Cl
      7th of Apr, 2011
    Rhodes Furniture - Never do what they promised
    Rhodes Furniture

We purchased a dining room suite from Rhodes Furniture in November of 2006. At the store I noticed some scratches and asked them if they could repair those. I was told that the scratches would be repaired and that they would reduce the price of the furniture.

The day before Thanksgiving the furniture was delivered and set up. When the workers left I noticed that the marble on the buffet was cracked, the touch-activated lights in the hutch did not work, the finish on the table was peeling off and there was a big chunk of wood missing on the hutch.

I immediately called the store and was assured that the furniture would be repaired. I called back several times and each time there was some excuse as to why the furniture had not been repaired. One day I called to ask about it and the manager told me that we bought it "as-is" and that they would not be repairing it.

The furniture we purchased was the floor model and we were offered to have furniture delivered from the warehouse but we needed it and were promised that the scratches would be repaired. Since then the district manager has promised that it would be repaired and that the store was under new management so we would not have to deal with the obnoxious manager we had been putting up with in the past.

They refuse to repair the furniture and they are threatening repossession. Why should we have to keep paying on the furniture if they won't repair it as they promised? I know we have to pay for what we buy but I don't want to keep giving them money if they never do what they promised to do.

• Ex
      10th of Dec, 2011

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, I PAID RHODES OFF IN 2006 AND ON MY CREDIT REPORT IT SHOWS THAT I WAS 30 DAYS LATE IN 2009. IT IS HIGHLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BE LATE ON A BILL WHEN IT HAS BEEN AT ZERO BALANCE FOR OVER 3 YEARS. HSBC/RHODES NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR FRAUDULENT POSTINGS AND I AM A EXTREMELY PISSED OFF CONSUMER. I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING A LAWYER TO SUE THEM FOR THIS. MY CREDIT SCORE HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS, I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I CAN BE 30 DAYS LATE FOR AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN PAID IN FULL FOR YEARS. THEY DESERVE NOT TO BE IN BUSINESS EVER AGAIN...SIGNED PISSED OFF CONSUMER

30th of Apr, 2012

Wow am also having the same problem with an account that was paid off 5years ago. If anyone get a number for HSBC/RHODES, can I please have it. I can be reached at cmamscamara@yahoo.com or at (919)520-8717. THANKS

• Sh
      13th of Feb, 2013

I just received a collections call from an HSBC rep who told me that I owe Rhodes furniture $500 from 2002 and now HSBC is going to take me to court for $15, 000 for the accrued interest. I paid this account back then and I informed the rep. if this. He kept threatening me with court and claimed they've been looking for me since 2002 which is a lie. I owe Rhodes nothing. The number to call is 949-379-5903. Do not make a payment arrangement with them if you have already paid the account off.