Rheem Hot Water Heater / pilot light continues to go out
The pilot on my eight yr old Rheem water heater continues to go out. I have notified my home protection plan several times and thus had several different plumbing companies check it out...to no avail. The thurmal couple has been replaced twice, the pilot orfice 'cleaned out' twice, and at other times it's just been lit and off they go...I've never been advised to replace the hot water heater.
It's been suggested that I don't have enough ventilation in the attic by some plumbers...others say there IS enough ventilation and that it's just too hot.
NOW, it's been suggested that I leave the attic door open (down) for ventilation...and I'm complying.
I'm afraid that the stinkin' thing might blow up! What do I do?
It's not right to have to do this make-shift requirement. If the pilot light's not working...what else is not working?!
More Rheem Hot Water Heater Complaints & Reviews
- Rheem Water Heater - leaking 
- Rheem Manufacturing - Terrible experience! 
- General Electric (Rheem Manufactured) Hot Water Heater - Bad hot water heater
- Rheem - airconditioner
- Rheem - yellow burner flame
- Rheem - poor product quality and very low-grade customer support
- Rheem - hot water heater.
- Rheem - rheem 13pjl60a01 cooling unit
- Rheem - hot water heater
- Rheem - rheem 5 ton r 410a unit