Purchased online music download for $10.99 through the Rhapsody client software. The download did not begin and my account information did not reflect the purchase or a failed download.
I re-attempted the process, which began the download and completed successfully. Upon checking my statement, I noticed that I had been billed twice. I contacted the company 5 times through chat and phone conversations. They initially claimed that it was a pending state and would drop off from my bank... which can happen, so I waited.
The transaction committed and I contacted them again, which led to several arguements of them saying that their records do not reflect a second purchase - implying that I am either ignorant or that I am attempting some type of scam - never, ever making an effort to research their application for fault.
I escalated until I finally found a supervisor that was US based, which takes more than an hour of speaking to people that are literally turning pages and giving me that same story and wasting my time. (I have to do this each time I call, by the way)
While waiting for the last supervisor - I called my bank security to file a claim on my cell. I had 2 phones on speaker and they both answered at the same time. I allowed the Rhapsody supervisor to hear the bank security rep confirm the second charge and initiated a charge back. The Rhapsody rep didn't really care about my wasted time, my frustration or the current state of the fiasco... and informed me that they could'nt just service me as a customer and save my time or research the issue and call me back. All they can do is fraudently charge me and not deal with the issue. AWESOME!!!
THEY CAN CHARGE YOU, BUT CONVENIENTLY NOT SEE THE CHARGE IN THEIR RECORDS AND THEY WILL NOT BUDGE TO FIGURE OUT THEIR OWN MISTAKE. THEY INFORMED ME THAT THIS IS THEIR ACCEPTED COURSE OF ACTION.