RF & Associates / Harrassing calls

This company called my mom who lives in another state that I haven't lived in for 8 years and said that someone in that county filed a complaint against me and I was to appear in court. They even said they wanted to bring the paperwork to her house after she said I don't live there. They said they knew I didn't live there and had my actual address along with other information I was concerned how they got. After I looked into this number the are a "debt collection agency" which they don't claim to be on the phone. They pose as law enforcement or court workers. When I looked into my credit report I have no debt to this company and no collections with this company. I also noticed on my credit inquiries they pulled my credit report 2 weeks ago which explains all the information they had on me. Something needs to be done about this company if that's what you want to call it ASAP!!

More RF & Associates Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      2nd of Oct, 2010

I have been contacted by a man named Andrew Taylor with this company. Very rude man. I live in Texas. I was returning a voice mail message left for me from a Charles Hammon with legal claims service 866-764-9779 asking for me to call him so he could serve legal papers on me to go to court. When I called the number they first said I had reached the answering service for RF Assoc and if I would give him a file number he would tell me who I needed to talk to. His name was John Mitchell. I found it odd that an answering service would have all the information to tell me who was handling my account. That's when I was transferred to Andrew Taylor. I also need to mention that neither of these gentleman knew who Charles Hammon was. Mr Taylor was very rude and abusive. He kept talking in circles and wouldn't answer any of my questions directly. He did say I was being sued and would be served. If I wasn't available to accept the paperwork that anyone in my house that was 18 or older could accept on my behalf...right!!! He threatened to file a lein on my home and also a car not that I have through my local credit union. In the state of Texas they cannot garnish my wages. This is an outright scam. He would not give me any attorney name or an address..would only give me a fax 714-923-3859 and that they were in California. Please beware and post anything you might know about this company!!!

• Ba
      13th of Oct, 2010

I had the very same experience with this this person Andrew Taylor. We got a call from a person looking to send process papers and when i asked what this was all about they gave me Andrew Taylors name. He said in our phone conversation and I quote "this is not a debt collection call" this is a legal action that is going to happen if it does not get resolved with a total payment.

Now i am really worried. Something like this to be served papers is serious and the costs if this is real are about the same as what they claim we owe so we would be doubling this supposed debt if we where to let this thing play out. I have nothing in writing either and he expected me to make a payment by credit card over the phone which i am not willing to do either some sort of documentation should be provided I would think on the matter.

Anyways, any more info on this company would be great if it is a debt collector and I have a debt Ill take responsibility for it but with no warnings or attempts to resolve through mail first to go right to serving papers to me seems very odd.

• Kw
      25th of Oct, 2010

I delt with this company back in February, Was called Global AG, LLC, Jim Murphy I delt with, same FAX #. This is a VERY AGGRESSIVE collection agency based on scaring you into debt collection with lawsuit and leverage. I found it odd at first but soon realized they had all the knowledge of my credit card I owed and avoided for years with other NOT so aggressive collection agencies. If your not aware of what happens to a debt you don't pay, it just keeps getting sold to another collection company basically. Technically I feel you don't owe anybody else I feel because you didnt sign anything with them anyhow, so just give them the run a round all you can and hide your phone number. What would normally happen is they would hire another firm in YOUR area and take you to small claims court. There's no big lawsuit don't let anyone scare you. If you don't settle immediately in court, normally a rep from the firm would approach you before you go before the judge and talk to you about making some kind of payments and you'd work that out, if not chances are there just going to garnish your income tax, which is what we found out, big deal. We owed and didn't complain much after that, no one has ever called about that card again. DO YOUR RESEARCH. Don't go by what I'm saying, If you feel uncomfortably with these people then dont deal with them. Be aware though that some collection agencies will run time bill and charge the original collectors and they will pass it on to you. It is a business also. Also remember to record calls if you can, threating your home or vehicle with a lein is a clear case of harrassment. Fight back with legal action.

• Ms
      24th of Mar, 2011

RF Associates has called my house several times looking for different people. Today I decided to be one of the people they were looking for. I returned a call from 877-906-7972 re: case # 51547 for Tammy Helms. I spoke to a Lindsay Hunt who was the biggest ### in the world. I told her I was returning a call from someone who said he had a case filed in the County Clerk's office. I asked her which county filed the complaint. She mentioned something about 1st Bank of Delaware. I said I didn't have an account in Delaware. I again asked her which county. She never answered the question instead diverting the conversation on to a bunch of lame and obviously made up legalese about "property" and then mentioned a James Hunt with some DOB of 1977. And how we were joint householders therein and culpable to blah, blah, blah... I asked her what that meant and she said, "Ma'am I am a CASE MANAGER, " and she said "Case Manager" like she had a doctorate in Case Management Sciences from Yale. "...and I will not have my time wasted--" I could only laugh at that point. I AGAIN asked her what county filed the complaint. And what this was all about. She said I owed $2333.30 for a Mastercard. I told her I've never had a Delaware card. Then she accused me wasting her time and "fine, I guess you can just handle the court case on your own. I can't help you not like this!" As if I was pissing her off with my dumb questions. I asked her again what company she worked with, and I told her I was going to google them. Then she really got made and moved the conversation to the end. The more I "pleaded" with her to help me figure out what was going on, the faster she wanted to get off of the phone. That's pretty mean. But then I told her I really wan't "Tammy" and I see they are a fraudulant company, and she hung up.

• Sm
      6th of Apr, 2011

It's amazing how I had this same situation happened to me. For months, I've been getting phone calls from 877-906-7972. A lady named Christina Boose @ x 205 kept leaving me voice-message after voice-message until one day I checked my voice mail and she said they would be taking legal action if she didn't receive a call from me that day. I thought to myself, this sounds serious. So, I called. She said that I have credit card debt with First Bank of Delaware that needed to be paid or I will be sued, she went on to say that I had agree to all responsibilities of the credit card therefore I was responsible for the debt. Thinking back I did remember having a credit card with that particular bank, but I only had a $50 credit limit in which I probably only spent $20 off the card over 6 years ago. She said the account had accumulated over $1600 in charges in fees and I am responsible for that amount but she agreed to settle for the amount of 642.12, so I made arrangement to make the payment, I purchased a prepaid card and loaded $100 on February 25th, 2011. I called and made a $100 payment. The remainder was schedule to be paid on March 31st. I was told I would be mailed information regarding the case and a receipt for the payment of $100. She confirmed my current address even though I didn't provide her with this information and said I should received these documents in the mail and I would receive a final letter after the entire balance was paid and she ensured me that she would report this debt as being paid to the credit agencies. Over 2 weeks passed, I didn't receive anything regarding the case. So, I called her to let her know I never received anything, she said my receipt and documentation was emailed to me on February 23rd, keep in mind I made the payment on the 25th. Over a 3 day period she claimed to have emailed me this info several times, however I never received it. I called her once again and asked her to fax the info to me, she pause and said she didn't have that information herself, she would have to have the account department fax it to me, then all of a sudden she found the info. She claimed she faxed that info to me several times. At this point, I was pissed. I demanded info, so she finally faxed me over a very unprofessional looking receipt that I could barely ready. The receipt had a telephone number on it that was not a working number and my case number was listed on the receipt as a order number. There was 4 digits of an account number on the ''SO CALLED RECEIPT", so I pulled my credit report. None of the info matched up on my credit report. This so called company is a joke first off the have a answering service that sometimes ask you for your case number, they shouldn't even have this information. I just told that lady that I would be happy to pay the debt as soon as she could provide me with some concrete information.

12th of May, 2011

I am so glad that I read all the comments on this page. I was on the phone with a man named Andrew from RF Associates. I decided to look them up since he keep telling me that I was being sued and that they were "coming after me". He hung up on me twice! Finally I called back and was able to speak to someone else. I told them that I actually work for a Law Firm. I told them that the call was being recorded and that I want to know what county they filed this "law suit" in. Julie stated that there was no law suit and Andrew shouldn't have told me that. I advised her that she was DAMN right as it is illegal to pose as an attorney or a law firm. It is also illegal to threaten me the way they had. She then stated that I had bad credit etc etc. I told her that if she ran ANY type of check on me she BETTER have my signature on file. She became very quiet then. I told her she was going to send me a letter in the mail with the balance she claims I owe. I advised her that I would handle it from there. I also advised her that she had broken about 5 state laws and if I ever get a call from them again I WILL FILE an action against them!. She stated that they will mail me the documents confirming the debt and will they will accept what they can. DON'T LET THEM SCARE YOU!!!

• Do
      24th of Jun, 2011

I had an experience with one Derrick Schmidt who told me to clean the wax put of my ears and learn to speak English. My English is fine and so is my hearing. He told me that I legal documents are being processed through the clerks office and the only way he could stop the prceefings is by taking a payment over the phone immediately. I told him to see about payment arrangements and call me back. After we hung up I called the US District Court in my state which is number that showed up on my caller ID. They had no records of anything being filed
    told me to call the police and file a report. I did that because
    they can not prove I ever had a credit card that they are trying to collect on because I never had that card. The person that called me and claimed to be a process server from the US District Court House told me to make sure I am home between 8 and 4 today so I can be served the legal documents. The deputy told me to tell him to meet him at the substation so they can talk to him.

My point in all of this is, agree to nothing. Do not offer them a payment of any kind unless they can absolutetly prove in writing that the debt is 100% real. Demand to see copies of statements that show you are the one thar owes the money. I am not an attorney, bit I fell for this once to the tune of $8500.00 and will not go through it again.

• Te
      30th of Jun, 2011

OMG THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME... I RECIEVED A CALL FROM DERRECK SCHMIDIT STATING THAT I OWE 700.00 ON A CREDIT CARD AND THE CHARGES WENT UP TO 2318.45.. THAT I HAD TO PAY A LUMP SUM OF 1368.21 OR 300.00 DOWN AND 168.21 A MONTH. I WAS STATING THAT THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD DO THAT.. HE WAS VERY RUDE, TELLING ME IM IGNORANT, THAT MY EDUCATION MUST BE AT A GRADE 8. HE HAS MY SS# AND ALL. SAID THAT I WOULD BE SUED AND THEY WILL FREEZE ALL MY ASSETS. DERREK ALSO HUNG UP ON ME NUMEROUS OF TIMES AND VERY UGLY AND DEGRATING... HE GAVE ME A FAX NUMBER 1-714-923-3859 AND PHONE NUMBER OF 1-866-697-3175... I GOOGLED THIS COMPANY AFTER HE HUNG UP ON ME AND SEEN ALL THESE REVIEWS... I THEN CALLED DERREK BACK AND EXPLAINED TO HIM I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM AND THAT MY HUSBAND IS A SHERIFF DEPUTY (WHICH HE IS) AND THAT MY UNCLE IS A LAWYER AND TO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN THAT WE WILL INVESTAGATE THESE NUMBERS AND AND FILE A COMPLAINT ON THEM... THIS GUY DERRICK THEN WAS QUIET AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I TOLD HIM TO HAVE A NICE DAY AND HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK... PLEASE EVERYONE BE CAREFUL DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY...

• Wo
      26th of Jul, 2011

about a month ago i received two voicemails, one on my cell phone and one on my mother's house phone (which i haven't lived with since 1999). the voicemail stated that it was the county's office with a summon's to appear in court for a civil suit filed against me (they left no county office phone number, only a 800 number and a case number). right from the start it sounded fishy to me. i've had summons and civil suits before. the county's office never calls and the same sheriff always serves me paperwork regardless of what type of lawsuit it is. today a private number called (they always call private). The man stated that his name was Jason Marks from Legal Claims Services and that a civil suit was filed against me. He advised to call RF & Associates at 866-697-3175 and refer to a specific case number. I asked Jason Marks for his number and ext. He gave me phone number 210-401-7907 (San Antonio, TX number but Legal Claims Services doesn't exist in TX) but that he didn't have an ext. I called 210-401-7907 and received a voicemail stating it was MagicJack customer and to leave a message. Really?!?! MagicJack?!?! How unprofessional but that's what to expect from SCAMMERS. a month ago when i called the 800 number left on my voicemail, a lady answered with "how may i direct your call?". She couldn't tell me the company name since "there are a lot of companies within this building". Right! when i called today, the lady stated RF & Associates but said it so fast i had to ask her to repeat it. She then asked "how can i direct your call?". I told her i had no idea and advised i had a case number. she told my case number and stated she will transfer me to the appropriate person. i hung up. i shouldn't have to get a call from one number asking to call another and than get transferred to someone else. SCAMMERS, SCAMMERS, SCAMMERS ... i'm going to have fun toying with them. hahaha

I have googled the phone numbers and company names. All i find is forums on how they are rude, unprofessional and trying to collect on debts that are too old to collect on or not valid at all. they also make inquiries on your credit report. they are known to go by many names and phone numbers over the years but pretty much the same scare tactics.

• Sc
      25th of Aug, 2011

They will call and leave a message "I strongly suggest you call us with your case number". They will tell you that some OLD debtor is suing you and your only way out is to settle now in full. DON'T DO IT!!! First, call your county courthouse (they have to sue you in your current city/state) and see if a judgment has been filed. If not - then send them a cease and desist letter forbidding anymore contact - send this certified/return receipt requested. If they continue to call you or contact you - you can sue them or turn into Federal Trade Commission (I suggest this anyway).

Also, if you did owe the debt at one time, I suggest you check your state's statute of limitations on whatever kind of debt this is (the Attorney General for your state has current Statutes). My state is 5 years - if the debt was turned over to collections more than five years ago - this is illegal and they can not do this.
    '
    Ignore their threats of repossessing vehicles, computers, etcetera (they may try this). Also ignore their threat of having you thrown in jail. This is not a possibility.

VERY IMPORTANT -- NEVER GIVE NEW PERSONAL INFORMATION - IF THEY ASK YOU TO VALIDATE YOUR ADDRESS, ASK WHAT THEY HAVE - IF IT IS WRONG SAY IT'S FINE --- THEY MAY BE DOING ALL THIS TO GAIN NEW INFORMATION TO RE-OPEN THE CLAIM DEBT!!!

• As
      25th of Aug, 2011

I just received a call from the same number 1-866-697-3175. They let me a message saying I had 24 hours to call back or they were filing the lawsuit against me. So I called them back and the lady on the phone transferred me to the litigation department. The guy got on the phone an asked me for my birthday and social security number and I told him if he has it already then I don't need to give it to him. He got very nasty and said you called us we didn't call you and if you don't want o give me the information we will see you in court and then he hung up on me. Something needs to be done about these people espcially since they have peoples personal information

• Re
      29th of Sep, 2011

Thank god for this page!!! I have recieved many calls from a Derek Smith from this "company" demanding I pay them money I don't have. I almost took out a $6, 000 loan to pay them. I thinking I was going to have to go to court. They had me scared out of my mind, but after reading this it has put my mind at ease. With my husband in the military I now have JAG looking into this company. So Thank you to everyone else out there giving reviews!

• Ka
      21st of Mar, 2012

I received a phone call from a Private Processor stating that he was trying to serve me with papework for a civil matter; when I questioned what the issue was I was instructed to contact RF & Associates. When I contacted this company they threatened me with garnishment of my wages from my employer. Being a federal employee this frightened me and I asked what was this for; I was instructed that I owed a credit card company $2, 062, 00 for a credit card I received in 2008 that had a $200.00 credit limit. When I questioned "how can $200 turn into $2000 the individual told me it was due to interest on the card from all these years; when I asked whether or not they were a collection agency I was told "No", and that they were here to assist me as a clerk. I agreed to pay a payoff of 1, 250.00 based on the fear of garnishment of my wages until I spoke to an attorney who told me "DON'T PAY ANYTHING! - these people are sharks, let them serve you then go to court and hash it out with them there." These people are bloodsucker's and abusing an already abused system to harrass and threaten individuals to pay enourmous amounts of fees that were never the orignal debtee debt and HUGE liers (asked if he was a bill collector and said no he works for individuals as a clerk of the court). HA

• Dr
      8th of Jun, 2012

I received a call from RF & Associates and stated I owe a card from Radio Shak. I have never had radio shak card, but had my credit report, last four social and employer name and called my mother whom I don't live with and haven't for over 20 yrs and then they called my cell. I told them it is not mine and the addres they had was not mine. The man was Ron Wright and told me about a settlement and I refused for it is not my card for I was in the Navy and have no clue how this came about. I was told to sign papers stating it wasn't mine. I'll get an attorney if they continue to harrass me .