RezXtra and Colon Cleanse / Not a Free Trial

Product marketed as a 30 dy free trial. Not mentioned in any place clear to the consumer is a notice that automatic shipments will begin at end of trial period. Not able to contact by email or telephone to cancel product or to get shipping info to return unused product. Email to the site listed online are returned and phone messages to cancel future orders are not answered.

Comments

• Ce
      28th of Jul, 2009

Same happened with me only I did a fraudulant charge form with my bank & Visa and at least temporilarily have the charges reversed..The only way their charges can be stopped is to cancel the credit card..I really wish people would take them up no their claims, get the bottle, and cancel their card before 14 days which is when they start snatching $80 plus dollars out of your account..with me it nearly caused my daughter to not get home in the middle of the night due to not having money for gas..Also the company, medsXtra, is in Canada..people should complain to: BBB of Mid-Eestern & Central Ontario (Kitchener, ON)
    354 Charles Street, East
    Kitchener, ON N2G 4L5
    Phone: (519) 579-3080
    Fax: (519) 570-0072
    Email: info@mwco.bbb.org
    Web: http://www.bbbmwo.ca

• Pa
      28th of Jul, 2009

same thing happened to me! thanks for the information i'm going to cancel my card as well...i cant believe this is allowed these companys are ###ing scam artists theyre ruining my birthday month... by the way it was more than monthy charges on my account... they chargd me july 16 for 86 something and then on the ###ing 28th for 89 something

• Tt
      30th of Jul, 2009

I also filed a comlaint with the bbb in St. Louis for RezXtra. their information is :
    www.stlouisbbb.org
    314-645-3300

This is absoultely horrrible, that this company is allowed to do this! I also experienced what panda760 did, they charged me more than once a month! I also never recived any product from them!

• Wi
      6th of Aug, 2009

Sounds like a broken record, but the same thing happened to me. I remember looking and I believe they make a statement that there is no obligation to purchase anything else beyond the trial, so it is truly fraudulent. I am going to get the card cancelled, or stop payment on the charges. Is there a way to know how the company is listed on your bank statement? I am 10 days into my trial, so I want to see if I can get the payment stopped by my bank before the $89 gets charged. If that doesn't work I am going to get the bank to issue me a new card. I feel totally stupid, and gullible. Companies like this need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Does anybody remember where they saw the ad? It uses the name of a person in your local community who "discovered" a way to lose weight by combining these two pills. I know now it's a total sham. Any web company should check things like this out and not allow it on their sites.

• Ms
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I have had the same experience. The person who finally answered the phone at the number which appeared on my credit card statement was in Canada and referred me to an 800 number in the U.S. Since I was unable to contact a real person at the Missouri phone number I have cancelled my credit card and disputed the charges.

I am now going to write a complaint to Dr. Oz and Barbara Walters, whose names appeared in the web ad I clicked on via Yahoo. There reputation is at stake. I am also writing to the BBB of St. Louis and the Secretary of State of Missouri to document the fraud that the Rezxtra/TechNet company is committing.

• Ts
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Yet another complaint! My story is the same. Only wanted the free trial, took over 2 weeks to get the product and now after 5-6 weeks after the trial period is over I am being charged. I've read the posts, however i'm not sure this company is in Canada. If you look at the Terms and Conditions page on the website, it lists an address in London. I've gone to econsumer.gov and filed a formal complaint that will be investigated. I'll give an update to all when I know more. And I'm not sure what the BBB will do other than "show" that the company is a fraud which it too little too late after the product is ordered. There are complaints that can be filed for internet scams that I'm hoping more of us will take the time to do. We need to eliminate the website!

• Ci
      25th of Aug, 2009

I recently received my RezXtra about two weeks ago so I haven't experienced what everyone else seems to be complaining about, but I will definitely take into consideration and keep in mind to cancel my credit card. All I can say is that I use a prepaid credit card but I do use it often so thanks to everyone who warned be before it was too late.

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2009

I had an overdraft on my checking account and when I inquired I was told of the charge from medsXtra.com for $89.48. I hadn't even received the product yet.I received the product the next day.I tried to call them and was on hold with the billing problem phone option for 14 min and thought, dummy go to the order product option, well that went on for 10 min, lunch about over. I hung up and plan to take off early Monday using PTO to call again. Then I found this site and all of these comments.I called my bank and yes I'll have to cancel my card and dispute the charge. Ya think? I so hope a class action suit comes from this, and I believe it will, jail time sweethearts!

• Je
      29th of Aug, 2009

Same thing here! The fine print is almost nonexistant! Been through hell and back with this company! Sat on the phone for a half hour before I was connected with a costomer service rep. and he wouldnt give me his last name. demanded to speak to his boss. after 45 minutes, she was put on the line. Argued with her for another hour. She had no last name either! NO money back. Canceled my order, was told call was being recorded which i welcomed! Told them i was reporting it to the fraud dept at my bank, FBI CIA and Atty Generals office, emailed my cancellation and complaint plus a letter with a return reciept request! Told them it was false advertising, misleading ad and a fraudulent company! What kinda legit company has costomer service reps that wont give a last name? $269.84 worth of charges and overdraft fees later and its still not settled! I refuse to lose this battle! Update as soon as this is settled!

• Au
      1st of Sep, 2009

I have experienced the same problems. I ordered the free 14-day trial but their website doesn't indicate that your order has been placed once you click the button so I ended up clicking it twice. When I got 2 bottles in the mail, which took 14 days, I called the number on the enclosed invoice - which is very lacking in detail - and the phone was busy. I left a voice mail as instructed but no one EVER got back to me. A few days later I saw the charges on my checking account (I used a visa check card) and called the number on the receipt again but no response. Two days later I went online and got the number that was on my checking account charge and called that. Had to hold for 25 minutes. Got some guy named Willy. I told him I wanted to cancel and he said they were running a special for 48.95 if I wanted to continue. I thought ok, the product works ok. But I told him I wanted to cancel the second account since I don't know how I got two accounts (his response was rude). He put me on hold, came back and started to argue with me because I only wanted the one acct. What do I need 2 accounts for? Duh. Anyway, he argued with me for so long that I told him to cancel both accounts. He said ok, gave me a confirm # and I double-checked with him that he was cancelling both accounts and he said yes. Then 4 days later I see the charge go through on my checking account which overdrew my account. I called again - 21 minute wait. Got the same guy! Do they only have one guy? Sounds fishy? Anyway, I explained the situation and asked for my refund. He said only one account got cancelled. I went through the whole conversation I had had with him and he said I had to return the other bottle. It took me literally 6 minutes to convince the guy that I only had 2 bottles and 3 charges. He finally said he would issue the credit and it would take 4-5 days. That was on 8/25. It's now 9/1 and no refund but yesterday I got another bottle. Great. Now I have to pay to return it and wait for my refund. This is a total scam. I also order Colon Cleanse but it was much easier to cancel that one. The con there is that you have to return the unused portion (they send you a 30-day supply) at your expense or they charge you 19.99. That I could live with so I kept it and have had no charges or new bottles. RezXtra is a total scam.

• Ou
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I too got suckered in by their ads. Paid the $2.95 shipping BUT, all that was for is so they have your credit card number. First, we have to find where the money is going, possibly Canada. Secondly, notify your bank or credit card issuer these charges are in dispute (this buys you time to act). Record the time, date and who you spoke with. Call MedsXtra @ 1-866-943-4358. Record the time of each call and who you spoke to as well as the outcome. Be pleasant (I know, that's hard). Numerous calls look good for you (it means they are not being responsive).Now, depending on the state you live in, does the attorney general's office in your state require a license to do business in that state? Most states require this and most large, reputable businesses do have licenses to do business in all states. This will become part of your complaint. Now, print out a copy of the website where you made purchase for this product. Do this ASAP so it is not altered from the original you purchased from. Where does it spell out the fact that they will charge you for the product? Where does it say they will continue to send you product on a monthly basis? Where does it say you agree to this? Go to your states Consumer Protection Board or Agency and download a complaint form or fill one out online. Send it with all the info you are collecting. If billing still exists, report your card was lost. Get a new number. Open a new checking account. Remember, you are not alone. This is only one shyster of many and you are only one victim. These are tactics I am using, not nasty phone calls. Also, the FTC can be contacted since they are doing business across state lines as well as the postal service since they are mailing the product. You have alot of ammo. Good luck!

• Ro
      8th of Sep, 2009

I canceled my card today with my bank today. I did not get the post free trial charge thanks to this board. I hope that all of you that have been charged fight it and get your money back! God Bless.

Rob

• Mi
      17th of Sep, 2009

Hey, i ordered a free trial of Rezxtra on aug 2/09, called about 12 days later to cancel my account. I dont know why everyone is complaining but i got through in about 8 minutes and didnt have any trouble canceling my order. My main reason was to get another product they had for a discounted price. ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD PEOPLE THERE IS NOTHING FREE IN THIS WORLD, YOU TRY TO GET A FREE TRIAL YOU AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THEN YOU THINK ITS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE NOT IN BUSINESS TO GIVE AWAY FREE OFFERS AND IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO STILL DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS HAVE ONLY THEM SELVES TO BLAME!!!

30th of Oct, 2009

My wife signed up for the free trial without knowing about the monthly charges. I read everything and saw this board and decided to see if I could cancel. No one wants to get cheated!
    On their receipt is a customer service number. It is 1-888-339-9872. I called it and had to deal with a few automatized options but I was able to cancel. They wanted the last six numbers of my Visa for I.D. but that isn't unreasonable. Maybe the pressure from forums like this has changed their approach but they were easy to deal with.Now I am wondering if the product works but I don't want to get hooked up for 89 dollars a month for life. Think I will try local health food stores.

• In
      12th of Jan, 2010

If it's a scam and you receive your bottle and cancelled your credit card, then is it also a scam on the product? Does the product actually work or not?

• 20
      19th of Jan, 2010

You really need to read the terms and conditions on all the web sites. Buyers beware, nothing in life is free, if it was you would not give out your debit card information. If you would spend some time researching the product and the terms you would not have ordered this. This will then force the company's like this to close.