rexocorp / Misleading Job Ad

1 NV, United States Review updated:

On Craigslist, I applied for a position called Assistant for Paralegal. When I got an email stating I needed to fill out an online application, I preceded to do so. I got another email today stating the following:

Thank you for your interest in RexoCorp! After reviewing your information it is clear that you are qualified for the position. However, your online application is only the first step in the recruitment process. In light of the issues facing our industry we are taking a selective approach to final approval.

You are REQUIRED to complete a 2 minute evaluation to help us learn more about your personal background. On the first page you will be asked to fill out information in regards to our associated network. You MUST enter the required fields on the first page accurately in order to be directed to the following page which pertains specifically to your personal review. On page 2 select the link that says "applicant survey." On this page we ask that you fill out this information accurately and honestly so we have a better understanding of you on a more personal level.

Click this link to get started:

Once we've received your answers, a phone interview will be scheduled to complete the application process. We appreciate your time and hope to start working with you soon!

Best Regards,
Rebecca Long
RLong@rexocorp.com

When I clicked on the above link, I was taken to their website, but the website is actually a financial services website (Car, mortgage and personal loans).

I emailed them back to told them to shove it!

Comments

• Mo
      13th of May, 2009
    rexocorp - fake employment ad to steal your info
    rexo corp or rexocorp
    Asheville
    North Carolina
    rexocorp.com

answer an ad for an admin assistant on craigslist.org. like other scams, you get an email directing you to their (brand new) website to fill out an application. don't fall for it! they will steal your info and resell it, have no idea how malicious they are, but definitely not a valid job opportunity.

• Fr
      13th of May, 2009

Thank You!!! I just sent me an email and I will not fill out. I appreciate the heads up.

• Ni

Thanks for your comment!
    I got an email from them today in regards to a receptionist position, and the email was EXACTLY the same as yours. I googled the company to see what it was all about before I applied on their website, and found your complaint.
    Thanks for saving me the trouble!!!

• Ca
      14th of May, 2009

EXACT SAME PROBLEM --- SCAM!!! Administrator position, same email back from them.

• Aa
      14th of May, 2009

Yeah, this has fishy written all over it. I just got an email back thinking I was finally on the path to employment, and they lead me to a site asking for my financial info and SSN. It was a loan application, not an application or questionnaire for employment.
    How awful it is to prey on people who just want to work and support their families. Watch yourself, people. This is not the first type of these I have gotten. One was so bad that it actually infested my laptop with all sorts of malware and I had to totally wipe the Windows off my machine and get Linux to safely surf and get my browser to even work right.

Beware!

• Bz
      14th of May, 2009

I had the same email...I am so so glad that I googled the company and found this comment...I am marking the email spam..

• Bu
      14th of May, 2009

Same here. Just recieved this same exact email today. Same person signed it and everything. I have had several like this one already so I was hesitant and decided to look it up. There are alot of them on craigslist. Sad that real people are out there looking for real jobs trying to save their necks and all they get is mislead and then hassled by non-stop telephone calls from schools or whoever trying to get you to spend your money. Um..hello. If im looking for employment obviously I cant afford to spend any. Just sad.

• Mi
      14th of May, 2009

There should be a way to stop these scam artists. They prey on people desperately seeking employment, only to hawk their own goods and services.

14th of May, 2009

Thank you so much, The only reasion why i even bothered to look it up was to see what type of office i would be applying for-and i found this! i just graduated from college last week and am in need of a job and now i know i need to be more causious!
    thanks again!
    christina!

• Br
      14th of May, 2009

I would like to share with you also I got he same email and thats why i was like it sounds fishy and googgled it and found this. Thank you for you posting, I mean what is this world coming to, I was laid off and been looking and looking, I think craigstlist is turning into a joke, I was trying to sell something on there and of course you get scamarist trying to buy ur ### and ask for weird info. Thanks and good luck with you job hunt as well.

14th of May, 2009

Ditto all of the above - perhaps Craigslist should look into employment scams along with their erotic services scams.

• Du
      14th of May, 2009

I could tell INSTANTLY that this was fake! I googled it and saw other responses. This is B.S.!!

• Ta
      15th of May, 2009

Thank you I got the same email. Where is everyone from? I am in NC!

15th of May, 2009

Craigslist in EVERY city, should do just as they do in larger cities (require companies to PAY for listings). This would surely weed out the crap. I recently located to NC from DC. In DC I found 3 legit jobs (government contractor positions) from craigslist. But here in NC, the listing is full of CRAP!

• De
      15th of May, 2009

I am so tired of applying for jobs on Craigslist and tons of other sites that are scams. I am so financially screwed and need to work desperately and this ads get your hopes up that you might be able to finally get some financial relief only to be let down everytime because people think its funny. It was bad enough with all the sex crap allowed on Craigslist...and all the bad apartment/housing advertising I recently went through trying to find a decent place to live. I realize y'all provide a free service, but free or not, what's the point of 99% of the advertising on here is bogus. Y'all need to check things out more carefully..find the scams..and permenantly block those people. This is past ridiculous.

• Bu
      15th of May, 2009

Im in Missouri. Craigslist is loaded with crap here also. I gave up using them as a job source. Its just not worth it. And still...the fake job adds come rushing in my email. Not just rexocorp but all kinds. I applied for a receptionist position at a vet clinic on monday. Got an email redirecting me to some other site with more information about the job. Beware of the ones that ask if you would like to further your education on the bottom of the job info page. Since I was considering furthering my career in veterinary study I accidentally clicked yes. I tryed to go back and change it but it would not let me. Then I got a call from some place that claimed to be a job screening place for the position I had applied for. Receptionist for a vet clinic. They asked me questions about the job and my infomation. All sounded very legit. I had no worries. Until...they asked if I had internet access. Internet access? What kind of receptionist job requires you to have internet access? A little worried but then reasured that my job application was accepted and the next step was for the hiring manager to contact me. Well...no manager contacted me. Just some telemarketer calling me from a 1800 # telling me i asked for info to further my education. I hung up on them. They've called once or twice a day for the last 4 days. SCAM! How does a job posting for a vet clinic receptionist end up being a money grubbing, furthering your educaiton, calling twice a day, harrasing company? LATEST SCAM... As far as ive seen...you get an email that tells you they only entended this job offer to so many people and they saw your resume posted and they are interested in you, once you click on the job link it will take you to a webpage with more information about the job, appearing to be some employment listing jobsite. THINGS TO LOOK FOR WITH THIS KIND OF SCAM...IT SAYS THE COMPANY IS CONFIDENTAL (###), AND THERE IS A QUESTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE INFO PAGE THAT ASKS IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT FURTHERING YOUR EDUCATION. EVEN IF YOU CLICK NO, IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE NEXT STEP AND THEY WILL CALL AND HARASS THE HELL OUT OF YOU. The job was a fake job listing posted to get your information. PEOPLE BECAREFUL WITH THE SO CALLED "CONFIDENTIAL" JOB SOURCES. If they are really posting a job...they more then likely will not post it confidentual. Mother always says "If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is". Got another one today. Got a lil excited at first cause it said they were offering $17 for an office position and they requested that I look into it. When I clicked on the job link that said office position, it took me to a page that looked like a employment listing jobsite. BUT...It said the company was "CONFIDENTUAL" and that same " Are you thinking about furthering your educatin question with the dot to click yes or no in was there. SCAM!

• Li
      15th of May, 2009

Yep, they tried to get me too, and now I have been getting endless phone calls. SO ANNOYING! I got that same email too. What scammers and plain awful people to do such horrible things to people who just need money and want to work hard to earn it.

• Va
      15th of May, 2009

Thank you for this! I just got the same email today for a Receptionist job here in NC. It seems as though everything I have applied for on craiglist and hotjobs has been nothing but crap. I can't tell you have many transcription jobs I have been "offered". I am glad I googled this one before responding. Thank you again!

• Ca
      15th of May, 2009

I am so glad that I googled rexo corp and found this. Something sounded fishy to me when it asked me for my social security number and bank account numbers. I thout that I had finally found a good job. But thanks for the heads up.

• Be
      15th of May, 2009

Oh man...thank you so much for everyone of you for saving me my time.I just got the same email .I went on to see what the first page of the link says and proceeded to the next page.Everything is crap in there.They ask your ss# including drivers lice.This was the moment I stepped away from this and wandered around this page to look peoples' complaint.Thank you so much for saving my time and blowing these nuts away buy informing us all about this non existing company.