Rex TV / Don't do business with them

United States Review updated:
Rex TV
I contacted Rex TV in; Morristown, Tennessee about a television that was not working as soon as they opened on Thursday December 29, 2007. They told me they would pick it up for repair that day and continued to tell me that daily till they finally picked it up on January 6, 2008 in a open bed pick up with no padding or cover. I contacted the manager today January 12 and the TV is still in limbo and no repair or evaluation has been started to my knowledge. The manager told me he would call me back and never did so I had to call him 4 hours later to get any response. These people do not return calls on a regular basis and I will never do business with this company again. From looking on line there are several complaints about this company. I might have the TV back in a few weeks the manager told me. I have never had problems with televisions in the past and just recently junked a 1972 model. Rex obviously sells junk and their service agreements are not worth the paper they are written on. Please advise everyone about this company and do not do business with them if you value your time and money.

A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
I have some good news for you. Rex TV in Morristown has closed.
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
Was not a good store.
N  14th of Sep, 2009 by
Rex sells the same brand names and models as any other big box retailer. (Sears, ABC, Best Buy) They are shipped from warehouse to warehouse and eventually to the store using the same method of transportation. They are even stored in similar warehouses at the store. If the television was not fuctioning, the manufacturer is at fault being that they are the ones who manufacture the television using substandard labor and ship the items across country boarders. The store manager should have simply exchanged the item for you rather than having it serviced if it was in fact defective right out of the box. However, the company to my knowledge has never had any sort of policy allowing any third party delivery company to "pick up" merchandise from your home. With any service contract anywhere you either bring the television into the store for service, or exchange, or call a local authorized servicer to come to your home under the service contract whether it be from the manufacturer or an extended service plan from the store. Be thankful you did not buy the item from a store with even worse customer service (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Cosco, Sams Club, Meijer) in which case YOU would have been responsible for paying to have the item shipped back to the manufacturer for repairs, and more than likely would have ended up with a refurbished version of the same tv instead of the one you originally purchased from the store. And of course, as always, any publically traded company such as Rex ALWAYS has an 800 number you can call to speed up exchanges or service requests. It would be your own error for not calling that number and reporting the problem being that the local store could have given you the number. Or, of course, any 800 number will always be avaliable thru any 800 number directory. WOOPSY!