Rewards 660 / I want my money Back

TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-907-0506
I have been pying my credit card on time and all I called today to see how much I credit was avaiable and a messeage came over to not use my card and to cut it up so where my money that was on my credit card and what happen to this company can some one please help me get my money back
Wa

Comments

Ti
  8th of Dec, 2008
i had this happen to me today to. I don't understand all the fees that I paid. What the heck
An
  9th of Dec, 2008
I too tried to log on today and check on payments made as well as see my balance. I have been unsuccessful. I would suggest to eveyone to call the Better Business Bureau and file an complaint. This will be usefull for you if you should need to deal with your credititors.
  9th of Dec, 2008
I've had this happen to me as well today. I called the 800 number, and they stated that the company has been bought by Metabank. It was in business on Friday when I made my payment, but now it's out of business?!?!?
Sh
try putting this on the http bar www.rewards660.com/
this gives you information and states that our accounts have been transfered and that we should be receiving new cards in the mail within 2 weeks and a letter stating what is going on. I trully hope that what they posted is the truth. I just payed my FULL balance on the card (they better not jerk us)
An
  10th of Dec, 2008
Today, i tried again to call and no answer and still cannot log in. I just sent a $250 payment which was debited from my bank on Dec 3 but not showing on my card yet. and not to mention I cannot use my card which was embarrasing yesterday while at the grocery store. I am going to my bank today with a copy of these complaints as well as copies of what the links say when you go the their site. I bank with Chase and know that you can dispute the charge and get your money back in somee instances. good luck!!
  10th of Dec, 2008
I'm going to try and dispute the charge, since I paid for it with my debit card. I did some research online, there were links for a Metabank Rewards 660 cards...but they didn't work. However, it does sound like Rewards 660 was already associated with Metabank...This is starting to smell fishy...

I thought we were supposed to receive notification of any change in account status or if the company was going to change hands way before they did it. Sounds really eerie that when I made my payment on Friday, the company was there, but come Tuesday, they're gone...

I've already filed a complaint with the BBB. Let's see where that goes.
Sh
  11th of Dec, 2008
CALL THIS NUMBER AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED 1800-958-2556. IT DID GET TRANSFERED AND ACTUALLY WE HAVE NO ANUAL FEES NOW AND SOME OTHER FEES WERE REMOVED. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM HOPEFULLY THEY WERE NOT PULLING MY LEG. AGAIN THE NUMBER IS 1800-958-2556
Mi
  12th of Dec, 2008
If you wanna get real nervous, like me-----google that number !!!
  12th of Dec, 2008
I tried calling that number, and tried getting a hold of a CSR...but without an account number, I didn't get anywhere.
  13th of Dec, 2008
I called the number again and spoke with a CSR this time. I may have called after business hours and that may be why I couldn't get a hold of anyone. I was told that they received my payment and applied it to the new card. My new card went out on the 10th and I should get the card in 7-10 business days from then. They also stated that now there are no annual fees, and that the monthy fee was lowered as well (depending on your account) varies from $5-10 as opposed to $10-15.

She didn't know if the due date or the minimum payments were going to be the same, but the APR is the same as well.
Ca
  16th of Dec, 2008
The Rewards 660 Visa® credit card program was recently terminated because the servicer of the program was unable to continue operating the program. MetaBank, a federally chartered savings association located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, agreed to take the program over rather than leave account holders without a credit card. MetaBank apologizes for any disruption experienced by Rewards 660 Visa® cardholders. Unfortunately, temporarily suspending account usage was necessary in order to transition the Rewards 660 accounts to IndigoTM MasterCard® accounts. Current accountholders should receive and be able to activate their new Indigo credit card very soon.

Please visit www.rewards660.com for further information or call 1-800-958-2556 seven days a week 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Cal DeJong
Vice President of Credit Operations
St
  17th of Dec, 2008
I finally spoke to someone and the lady w/whoever the accounts have been transferred to had no clue. The balance on my card was mainly all the fees they charged you so I am not happy. I asked what my balance was and it was less than what I had before and as everyone knows we have been unable to use our cards so that made no sense. Plus she said that on the 9th of December I made a $50 payment at which time I told her that I just received their number today and still do not know who they are so how could I have called and made a payment? I then let her know that any banking information Rewards660 had was authorized for them to use but not Metabank or whoever they are and that no funds should be debited from my account until I am made aware of all information regarding this company, any balances, fees, or cards and at that time I will give them payment information but until then any debits from my account would be considered illegal she then laughed at me and said okay sure. I asked her if she noted my account and she said oh sure like I was crazy I then asked to speak to a manager because i knew i was getting no where so she hung up on me. I am watching my account so everyone you might want to watch out for this. Good luck!
  28th of Jan, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I got a new card in the mail. It was not marked rewards 660 . At first I thought it was a reward 660. Upon a closer look it was a card I had never requested, I thought. I had got a paper from rewards 660 a while back about transfering the balance to a new card with different terms through another bank. Just as some one else mentioned above. I signed it, sent it back, and was expecting to recieve some type of new card with a paper attached refering to this switch from the reward 660 card letting me know this is the new version. This was the only card I have requested from anyone in the past 12 months so it was not a mix up on my end. So the new card I got was marked www.netspend.com. It had a call to activate sticker on it. So, nothing on this card or any papers that joined this card said anything reguarding reward 660. From reading this blog I learned about the Meta bank connection to reward 660. So, I had a suspicion about said card, and I went to the activation site netspend.com. I scrolled down and read the fine print and bam there was that name again MetaBank. So, is this the new reward 660 card? I only ask because there was no balance statement with the card and I did have a remaining balance. However, everything that came with the card made this seem like a prepaid reloadable debit card with no balance. The card says debit card. Should I activate it. Or is this another scam attempt?????? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks . Also did any of you recieve this too?
Jj
  29th of Jan, 2009
Today I filed a Complaint with the South Dakota Attorney General's Office. You can do this online!!!

I receive a statement yesterday 1/26/09, which indicated that I was being charged a late payment charge of $29.00 and furthermore that I was $40.00 past due.
As I understand the Reward660 Visa credit accounts from Dakota State Bank and been transferred to Meta Bank of South Dakota. As a result I feel that they had made an error.

I applied and subsequently issue a Reward660 card and it was received October 16, 2008. Furthermore, I was charged $250.00 to open the account. The day the credit card arrived I was told I would have to pay at least $40.00 to begin using the account. I promptly paid $100.00 and was given authorization to begin using my account. I promptly made payment in Novermber and December. On December 5, 2008 I called Reward660 Card Services at 866-838-6102 to verify that they had received my payment of $49.10. At which time the lady I spoke to informed me that the Reward660 account had been sold to Meta Bank and that I should be receiving a letter and a new card in just a few days. I asked her if the program would be the same and she stated that all features of the card would remain the same. Having heard nothing by December 16, 2008 I tried calling the Reward660 Card Services again and was directed to call 866-374-5816. Upon calling this number I was directed to call 800-958-2556 which asked me to enter my account number. I entered the Reward660 account number and was told that the account number was not valid. I then tried to see if there was access online to my account and nothing was available.

Yesterday, I received this statement with no relevant information to me as to whom or what this account was for. I immediately called the contact number at the bottom of the page and was told that my account was past due and that they would waive the late payment charge if I would pay a total of $80.00 by phone. I then asked the lady what this was for and she informed me that it was for a credit card issue by Meta Bank. I tried to explain to the lady that I never received an email, letter, credit card or anything from them about the account and that I should not have to pay the late charge and furthermore be forced to pay $80.00 immediately. She asked me to hold on while she transferred me to her supervisor. I then tried to explain my reasons for my position but this lady named Kim would only tell me that I owed the debt and it was not her position to give me any credit. I again tried to reason with her but she would not shut up long enough and certainly further exacerbated the situation by not listening. Since she was not willing to listen or even allow me the opportunity to talk with her supervisor I hung up the phone and called back. I entered the account information and when connected to a customer service operator I asked the lady to once again transfer me to her supervisor after a period of about 30 seconds I was immediately hung up on. I called two more times with the same result.

My statement shows that I have no credit line and no available credit even though my credit line with Reward 660 was $300.00 an was current as of my call on December 5th. This being the case I have concluded that they never sent any correspondence prior to this statement and furthermore you never intended to issue a credit card. Therefore, I am requesting that they close the account refund or credit the entire startup fee of $250.00 and correct any entries made to the credit bureau thru the SD Attorney General's Office.
Ki
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Please keep us informed of your progress. I just used one of the numbers above to find out that tey had sent a card and bill to my previous address because they claim that rewards 660 had not updated them before transfering the account, funny because I had received bills at my current address. But they said that my new card was going to be resent. and yes they said I was late but if i paid she would make notes to my account and the dept that handles that would look to see if they can fix the late mark, we shall see. I am very interested to see if you have any luck with the SD Attorney Generals Office. If they need more people to jump on board I am sure you could find some on here.
As
  12th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I had that happen but I did receive a new card, it is now called Indigo. They are much stricter and I hate them but I thought it was because my bill was not paid.
As
  12th of Feb, 2009
I had this happen to me but I received a new card right away, the card is now called Indigo from MetaBank. They are much stricter and I hate them; but I thought it was changed because my bill was not paid. When you recieve a statement along with your card from Indigo, it will be the exact same as what you had on the rewards 660 card.
Lb
  8th of Jun, 2016

Rewards 660 - rip off
Rewards 660
rewards660.com

This company has ripped me off from the start so I stopped using them and made a deal to just pay the $300.00 which is no where near what I charged but I agreed to just pay it off if they would close the account and they agreed so I sent them $300.00 and waited for them to send me the confirmation saying that they recieved my payment and the account was closed I got nothing. I've been trying to contact them and now they have transferred over to Metabank and still no response. So now I'm out of my money and now a credit card on my credit report what should I do. i have seen so many reports on this company this is truly amazing that these companies are not being true to their customers

Rewards 660 Logo Rewards 660