Reward Me More Technique / Unauthorized billing!

1 Ithaca, NY, United States Review updated:

REWARD ME MORE TECHNIQUE huge fraud. I woke up this morning saw a pending transaction for $33.87. I immediately called my bank telling them I haven't used my card at all today & I've never heard of this so called company. I am so furious because it's obviously fraud and when I googled this "companies" name all that came up was this complaint forum listing all these people who's had the same problem with them.

I have to wait until it actually gets taken out of my account to file a complaint. Although I wish I could get a hold of this stupid "company"... does any one know how to get a hold of them, phone number, email? I was so upset about it because I am a college student who works, but isn't rich and they did this fraud at a time of which I am waiting for other checks to clear and I don't have the money they are trying to take out. I had to drive all the way to my bank today just to deposit some more cash so the REAL companies of which I wrote checks to can cash them. So frustrating! What makes people think they can just take other people's money! Once I figure this out, they're going to be served with court papers!

Comments

• Th
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Taken from my account and have no idea why.

• Ca
      7th of Feb, 2008

REWARD ME MORE TECHNIQUE huge fraud.

• Bo
      8th of Feb, 2008

I also woke up today and had a fraudulent charge from this reward me more company. The bank can't do anything until the charge posts, but even then I've got the feeling it's going to be a fight to get my money back. I've never heard of this company, never bought anything from them, and certainly never gave them permission to debit my account. I closed my debit card. I suggest anyone else who encounters this problem do the same. I also called the phone number listed on this website and I reached a privated residence. If anyone can tell me anymore about this company and their scam, please do.

• Sh
      8th of Feb, 2008

I agree with you I had the same thing done to me and I just checked my bank account and seen that they had took out the same exact amount. I had a number and I called it someone picked up all you hear is alot of noise in the background and they hung up. I would like to know more about this so called company also.

• Bo
      8th of Feb, 2008

Before I received the fraudlent charges from reward me more technique I also received fraudulent charges from "grant funding source". I ordered a cd from "grant funding source" for $4.87. (I never received the cd)A couple of weeks later I received a charge of $39.95 from "grant funding source" which I had not authorized and did not expect. I called them, they said they would credit my account in 3-4 business days. 7 days later I still had not received a credit. I filed a dispute with my bank.

A couple of days later I received another fraudulent charge from a company "reward me more technique" for $33.87. I searched the web for information about this company the only info I found was this website. And my bank couldn't tell me anything more because the charge was still pending.

I thought that these charges might be related. I called grant funding source. I asked to talk to a manager and the person told me that the manager was in a meeting. Then I started getting angry with this person about the charges on my account. Then the person offered to let me speak with a "supervisor". I queried about the aforementioned meeting the manager was in when I asked to speak with him/her. The person told me that I asked to speak with a "manager" and not a "supervisor". Playing a game of somantics.

Next, a woman gets on the phone who claims to be the supervisor. I told her fraudulent charges were on my account and I had filed a dispute with my bank. She asked me which company the charges were from. This confirmed my suspicion.
    I told her "reward me more technique". She claimed that "grant funding source" and "reward me more technique" were two seperated business not related at all, yet she was able to provide me with "reward me more techniques" phone number 888-546-2285. If they are not at all related why was did she have this phone number? interesting.

After that, I called the number she gave me for "reward me more techniques". Once someone answered the phone I asked to speak with a supervisor. I had to go back forth with this guy for about 2 min before I could speak with a supervisor. Finally when I did speak to the supervisor he explained that these two companys are related and they did in fact get my credit card information from "grantfundingsource". He said they would credit my account, that is doubtful since "grantfundingsource" said the same thing.
    I know this is a little confusing, but that's how a scam works. The moral of the story is, don't give any personal information to either of these companies. They will charge your account with charged you never agreed to. Also, they are extremely rude. Extremely, extremely rude. If you do end up with some charges from these companies and you call to try and get your money back, you have to be very tough with them. They are going to be tough with you.

Reward me more techniques-888-546-2285
    Grant funding source: 800-558-0064

• Iz
      8th of Feb, 2008

I know what you are talking about. I've been also charched by "rewardmemorewebs" on my bank account. I got the number and it's 18885462285. I am a high school senior and I called them today to ask them for a refund. The lady on the phone said I am going to get my money back after seven days of business. I hope you get your money back too. Good luck.

• Sh
      8th of Feb, 2008

I just called reward me more and cancelled my subscription she said that it will be credited back to my account in 7-10 business days max from todays date. So if it don't they will be hearing from me again. I they had too many complaints about their attitudes because she was nice about the situation.

• Ro
      9th of Feb, 2008
    Reward Me More Technique - Unauthorized withdrawal of money from accounts!
    Reward Me More Technique
    george
    Utah

After ordering a CD for Government Grants from BSM/SBA for 1.97 unauthorized withdrawals showed up in my account in different amounts even after we called and complained and canceled everything. The total was nearly 100.00!

12th of Feb, 2008

yes the same thing happen to me just now! and i don't even know them! and how they got my account number.

12th of Feb, 2008

It happened to me too and it's ###!! I want my money back or my lawyer will be notified!

• Gr
      15th of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened to me and i have a home based business. I had to cancel my debit card and wait two weeks for a new one. this will seriously hurt my business. i am NOT a happy camper!!

19th of Feb, 2008

I was charged $33.87 to my credit card by Reward Me More Technique. This was unauthorized!

• Mu
      20th of Feb, 2008

I discovered an unauthorized charge for $33.87 as well. I am MAD as hell.

22nd of Mar, 2008

I received a call from Grant Funding Source a few minutes ago. I am actually filling out a legitimate grant application now. I wonder how they got my information and knew I was looking to apply for a grant.

He told me they were a governmental non-profit. Knowing there is no such thing, I googled the name of this so called business. I found this form, knew it was a scam, and probed him for questions. He tried to tell me that I already received a grant and can now apply for 1000's more, haha. I frustrated him with my questions and he was got stern about getting my CC #.

I hung up and and tried to call the number back. As soon as my cell said "connected", before it would start to ring, it would say "call ended" - right away, ha. It was a NY number, 2127773456. Because of the format of the number on my cell phone I think this person was outsourced from another country. A "+" to indicate country code was used before the number.

Thanks for the heads up.

14th of Apr, 2008

Here is a number for anyone trying to get some help to cancel their membership with grant funding source. # 1-866-370-7270 I recieved the number by searching their parent company which is Raven Media in Las Vegas Nevada.

14th of Apr, 2008

Here a number to help people who are trying to get grant funding to cancel their membership, the number is 1-866-370-7270.