Revolution for Cats / Didn't work

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I have a cat with severe flea allergies. She's an indoor cat, but she escaped on me one day and became infested. I bought Revolution because it's supposed to be marginally safer than Frontline. I used it according to the directions. I liked that my cat had zero adverse reaction to it, and for the first few days it seemed to be working as promised...she stopped scratching herself bloody and losing fur. But in a few days she was back to being scabby. I waited one month, as directed, and applied it again, with exactly the same results.

I just wanted to let people know that this product doesn't always work, and maybe save someone else $40 or $50 bucks.

More Revolution for Cats Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Po
      1st of Oct, 2010

My vet told me to apply it every couple weeks or so. Have you talked to a vet about it?

• Li
      1st of Oct, 2010

No, I haven't. I just assumed it would work as long as I followed the directions that came with it. I should have though. I bought Frontline, waited out the month, and used it, it worked just like it always does. My cat hates it though. When I use it she squeeks and runs off and hides for hours, and she's very lethargic. I was loving that Revolution didn't cause those reactions. I can't afford to use it twice as often, though.

• Li
      1st of Oct, 2010

I bathed her after I got her back inside. And I don't have to use flea products that often, since she's completely indoor (aside from occasionally being able to outsmart me). I've only had two prior outbreaks in the nine years I've had her, and both times a single application of Frontline did the trick.