Revivethemusic.com / Bad service

My child who is 17 was interested in entering a singing competition and told me about this ad on craigslist. I immediately went online to see if they had a website and found a bright orange website. Since I have been a police officer for 22 years here in the Metro I decided to do some Investigating. The first thing I did was a WHOIS on the site and found out some clown, not some company owns the site. Thats the first signs of a scam. I then went and called the State and found out this Company does not exist, Why does the Registrar information on the site have some individual instead of a Company? That explains all the misspelled words. I bet you all are wondering why this ad caught my attention. The misspelled words on the sight did it for me. I was blown away on the grammar and the poor sentence structure, and the shady looking website put the icing on the cake. For the meantime, I will keep my child away and will investigate further. I have been told contestants (that are young teenagers mind you) are required to sell t-shirts in order to showcase the talent. This is what I found on their website: EACH SEMI-FINALIST IS ASKED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTIONAL AWARENESS OF THE CURRENT STATE OF THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN A VARIETY OF WAYS. THE RECORDING CONTRACTS AWARDED TO THE WINNER CAN BE FROM A HOST OF MAJOR RECORD LABELS TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO ISLAND DEF JAM, INTERSCOPE, MOTOWN, CAPITAL, VIRGIN, AND SIGNIFICANT SOUTH, JUST TO NAME A FEW. THE WINNER OF GRAND FINALE WILL RECEIVE A RECORDING CONTRACT WITH ONE OF THE ABOVE LISTED LABELS BASED ON THE STYLE OR TYPE OF MUSIC THEY PERFORM. Meaning there is some MONEY involved somewhere. BEWARE! YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF! I will keep you all posted on my findings.

Br

Comments

• Co
      10th of Apr, 2010

I wasn't going to write anything about this but everytime I would tell someone about the event they would say that on google it says its a ripoff. I also was worried when I saw the complain posting on the web, but soon realized that the complaint was bull and it was just a hater. I was a contestant that made it to the semi-final round and was in the top 5 finalist. They did ask semi-finalist winners to help promote the event by selling t-shirts at a cost of $15.00, but I was very happy to do so as I didn't have to pay for anything and the event was great. I didn't sell but 5 shirts and was still treated as I sold a ton. I talked with others that were competing and two of the people didn't sell anything and still got to compete. I asked why they were still able to compete when they didn't do anything and was told that the sell of the shirts shows a persons willingness to promote the event and them selves. The event is still all about reaching artist and showcasing new talent. I just thought the other contestants didn't care and shouldn't have been allowed to enter. The girl that won was paid $2500 and a radio station program director was there and gave everyone great information on their performance. I enjoyed the event and plan to audition again in another city to see if I can win there.