ReUnion.com / Misrepresentation, unethical customer service

I have been led to believe I could obtain a full email address from this reunion.com after I pay the 3 year fee of $120. I am an insurance investigator and am well versed in databases. I thought I had found a good one. Instead, Earl advises me the "people finder" database is a separate company and the extra fees are not his concern. Earl advises my $120 is a fare price to tell me more information is available for an additional charge.

There are many rip off companies like this on the web. I was also led to believe my card would be charged $3 a month instead of the full $120. The "agreement" that says the fee is non-refundable has a window field of 3-4 lines and fails the legal contract prerequisites.

Thank goodness for American Express. If I don't get a refund, I will dedicate $4 an hour times 30 hours =$120, to spread the word for scam artists and frauds like reunion.com

reunion.com complaint
reunion.com investigation
reunion.com fails
reunion.com sucks
reunion.com fraud

Good businesses get good customers, look what your getting

Ke

Comments

24th of Aug, 2007
    ReUnion.com - What a scam!

Just to check things out I registered (non-paying) with the false name of "Mark Rein". There was nobody at my high school with that name. Sure enough, I receive e-mails nearly every day alerting me that "somebody" has been searching for me!?! How could anybody possibly be searching for "Mark Rein"?? When such a person is non-existent? They're trying to lure me in with this mystery searcher and gee, all I have to do is "become a paying member" to find out who this person is. Uh-- no thanks. What a scam. "Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware"

• Sm
      26th of Dec, 2007

This site is a fraud. I have never signed up for their service but I found my name listed. Some of the information they listed along my name is not even accurate. Selling personal information with out ones consent must be illegal. Seems that they collect names and emails from other sites and make money out of it. Total Scam!

4th of Jan, 2008

Anyone know how to have your information removed from reunion.com?

• My
      7th of Jan, 2008

Reunion.com is using my name without my consent. I am the only person with this name. If they do not remove the account, I am taking legal action.

• Ke
      9th of Jan, 2008

I agree. They charged me a random fee to renew my yearly contract when I had told them I did NOT want to renew. That was last year. Jan 1st I looked at my acct. and there it was. A charge to renew.. I have been fighting them on it since then! Im going to report them to the Better Business Bureu as soon as I get all this handled!!!!!
    BTW: Try calling the customer service #.. What a JOKE!!!

• He
      10th of Jan, 2008

Billed my account. Cannot find out how to cancel membership.

15th of Jan, 2008

Reunion obtained my personal information from somewhere and is using it without my permission. This is plain unethical. Shame on this slimy serpent named Cornell McGee. I think people should boycott reunion.com. I think that the tech community should ostracize reunion.com. The community leaders should help us get together and file a lawsuit against them in an organized way. We should also find out who sold our information to reunion.com without our permission. Shame on them too.

15th of Jan, 2008

I also found my profile on the reunion page although I've never registered myself. My name is very unique and they seem to have the correct information for my birthday and location of residence. It's utmost infringement of privacy and I am very upset and angry. I asked them to remove my profile but I don't trust them. How should we resolve this illegal identity-privacy-theft company?

• Li
      12th of Feb, 2008

This morning I got an email telling me others were searching for me. I clicked on the email and it took me to the reunion.com website. I purchased a 3 month subscription to reunion.com. After seeing it was not me anyone was searching for I called 1-888-704-1900 and talked with EARL... Earl told me that he could not refund me the charges. He did see that I just got the account that morning. He also told me that the website tells you no refunds will be credited. Do NOT use this company they are a rip-off and take your money!

I have notified the Attorney Generals office of this scam and also the Better Business Bureau!

• Ds
      18th of Mar, 2008

I am very pissed about this site and they won't stop sending me emails and I'm not who they think I am. I want to get rid of them off my email page and I can't as yet. Suggestions. I let yahoo and FCC know.

• Gl
      23rd of Mar, 2008

Who are these people claiming a $5.00 a month fee then taking a year $60. on the credit card and declaring suddenly it is non refundable. They have not heard the end..

8th of May, 2008
    ReUnion.com - All my friends got spammed!

I got a message from a friend asking me to join the site. When I joined, it offered to check my Gmail contacts to see if there were any matches within their database. Against my better judgement, I allowed the site to do so. Only after I clicked OK did I notice the fine print that said that the site would send invitations to all of my contacts in my name!!! These contacts include my boss, my ex-girlfriends, my bank representative... I spent the rest of the morning apologizing to my relatives and friends. When I wrote the friend who had initially asked me to join, she told me that she had fallen for the same thing, and that's why I got the initial invite.

I find this "feature" exquisitely irritating. Also, their "free" subscription seems to be ridiculously limited: you start getting messages saying that there are folks trying to contact you, but you have to buy a paid subscription to see who they are. Read the other comments on this complaints site to see how THAT goes. I will not pay a cent to these people and I plan to drop the site immediately.

But now this site has all of my email contacts. I'm VERY nervous about what they will do with this info.

14th of May, 2008

People who've received spam from reunion.com should forward the email to the FTC at spam@uce.gov

• De
      9th of Jun, 2008
    ReUnion.com - Poor customer service and unapproved charge
    Indiana

I would not recommend the services of Reunion.com. I signed up for their 1 yr of service two years ago. I cancelled two years ago right after the service started to avoid a monthly fee.
    I was in the process of closing out my checking account this month (2 years from my original charge)...without any warning from Reunion.com, they charge my account for a year subscription and over-drafted my account. I called the next day and after being on hold for 40 minutes, was told that it would take 7-10 days to refund my money and that they were sorry about the overdraft fee of $50. I also emailed them a complaint.
    This is the 9th business day and I have not received any return email and no money refunded.

• Da
      15th of Jun, 2008

This is a fraudulant company. they have my information stored in their systems (including my age and the places i used to live for the last 5 years) in their system WITHOUT my consent. huge privacy violation. what if i am a witness that need to be protected ????

this is a fraud company. DONT give any money to them. btw, i never contacted them, they never contacted me, i never paid for any of their "SERVICES". they probably should start pimping their wives and mothers (since they dont care about privacy). who knows they probably do. looks like that the founder started the company after meeting his wife at a reunion. cant tell how many other guys his wife "served" before him at that drunken party!

• Ri
      21st of Jul, 2008

It is so sad to see online businesses take advantage of people trying to simply meet new people. I was quite suspicious when, immediately after signing up for the free account, I began receiving notices in my email about someone having viewed my profile. So, I clicked on it to check it out, and it takes you to a page at reunion.com whereby they want your credit card number and if you'll read the print below the fields, (I've copied it here next: *One payment of $60 for 1 year or $36 for 3 months. It is non-refundable. If you cancel, you'll enjoy premium benefits until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after that term expires. $1 of each credit card charge goes to the Red Cross and is reflected as a separate charge on your statement.), you should certainly become aware that this offer/company is a total FRAUD and misrepresented. As I would hope many of you do, is to take heed and not give ANYONE, nor ANY business that you haven't checked by a search on the Internet as being a fraud, and DON'T give out your credit card number! Especially if you can't get a live person from customer service on the phone. (And, even then you should beware, making sure it is an established, reputable business) If you're trying to get their emails to stop coming, simply catagorize the next email you get from them as SPAM with your email program, use a filter setup within Outlook or Outlook Express, and that should allow you to at least stop having to see their name in your received emails. God Bless Us America. And, for all those foreigners that are coming to America and taking advantage of our American benefits and courtesies, I WISH WE COULD HAVE EVER ONE OF YOU DEPORTED BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!! Our government has made a terrible mistake allowing just anyone from other countries to migrate into our Country. I know we were founded and created from immigrants, but, after 200years, and the fact we are now an established AMERICA, it is time to close the doors to immigration. (Only by strict guidelines, and only if the immigrant agrees to adopt the American ways, leaving their foreign religion and customs BEHIND) IF YOU COME HERE, YOU BECOME AMERICAN, and believe our faith and fact... it's on our money... IN GOD WE TRUST !!! Amen

• Ri
      21st of Jul, 2008

And, besides again... The Red Cross should hit them up for each and every dollar they claim their giving. What, such a fraud company and business... and, on the lighter side, those of you reading my blog and thinking...jezzz, he typed enough... I type 70wpm and it was nothing to me to type this lengthy blog/posting.

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2008

You are ###ed (Richard Lines)!!
    Your note does not make any sense.
    First of all, the people that you are calling on the phone for customer service are probably outsourced and working from another country. Also unless you are an American Indian you have no rights to claim that America is your country. The so called "Founders" killed the original land owners and rightful citizens of this country "Indians". Lets not forget that, re-read your history books. So, everyone else that is here came from somewhere else.
    Let's not forget how Indians were cheated out of their land and placed on Reservations.
    So, now that we have that cleared up. The Reunion.com site sucks, I also dislike their site, they are a rip-off.
    Stay away from them and join the (Reunion.com close this site) online poll.

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2008

Also Richard, since we all come from so many other places. What is the American way?
    What are American customs, what religion are Americans supposed to be? Let us know how you seem to figure that we are all going to come here and be one faith, act one specific way, leave traditions behind. American's have no customs or traditions, so what do we celebrate, Independence Day and Halloween come on ###. How about you return to your original country, the country that birthed your ancestors and trace it all the way back to England, Spain, Africa, Korea or wherever they come from. You return to your country and give American Indians and Mexicans back their original lands. Neither one of them had to cross any water to come over here. So, now that we understand that you are an Immigrant yourself. How about you hop on the next boat out of here.

• Bo
      18th of Aug, 2008

I give it about 20 more years and America can no longer complain about any race because we will all be mixed races. Unless you live on some barn in the country, you need to take a look and see that all races are blending and marrying outside of their race. I think that it is amazing that races are mixing and this is what is going to make America unite once and for all.

UNITED WE STAND