Retravision / Abusive and rude behavior

1 139,HIGH ROAD, WILLETTONPerth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0893541580

I purchased a Sony TV and a Home theater at Retravision, (Electric city, 139, High Road, Willetton). This purchase was through a interest free credit. I was interested to take an extended warranty for the products and inquired about the warranty. The staff issued me a warranty and billed into the credit facility.

I was not told that the warranty was not of Sony's but another company's. I noticed that Sony was offering a warranty when I opened the product boxes. The warranty papers offered allowed cancellation of the warranty within 30days of the purchase.

I went to the Retravision shop 2 times only to be told that refund will be credited to your credit card and to come on Thursday 3/Jul/2008. When I went to the Retravison shop on 3/Jul/2008 at 7.30pm the manager refused to answer my query and rudely spoke to me telling you have got a free product and it cant be done. He also asked me very sarcastically " What job do you do for a living? You can go the Fair trading dept if you wish to... I called the shop again and asked to give his superior's details for complaining. He asked me to look at the yellow pages...

This behavior and very unfair means of selling a warranty other than that of manufacturer's should be discouraged. I am planning to file a complaint in the Consumer complaint department and not sure if something can be realized.

Ne

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Sounds typical of Retravision, I bought a Microwave from the Cannington branch once and was given the "Best" price possible. I paid for the item and as I left the store I picked up a catalog to see what else was on sale. I got to the car put the Microwave in the boot had a flick through the catalog and found the Microwave I had just got a "Best" price deal on 20 dollars cheaper than what I just paid. I thought my experience may have been limited to that store but it would appear they are all Con artist ### with no respect for the customer.