Retired Military / Manner of Delivery

1 207 Murray Fork DriveFayetteville, NC, United States
Phone: 910-309-9419

Delivery of my package was noted to be 7:29 PM Dec 17, 2007 from Hope Mills, NC to my front door. Package was not there when I looked there for it. The UPS delivery person did not ring the door bell to alert of package delivery, as is usually done (I was at home at time of delivery). After checking for package the morning of Dec 18th (after checking online status to discover package had been delivered on the 17th) I could not locate package at either my front or back door. After checking with neighbors who had not received the package, I called UPS and was informed I had to arrange with who I purchased the package from to initiate a tracer. This makes no sense since UPS messed up the delivery, not Tiger Direct who I bought the product from. Before starting this process, I did one more check around the outside of my house for the package and found it in front of my storage shed door. I was unable to get a phone number for the UPS facility in Hope Mills, NC from UPS, so I could not identify the UPS driver who delivered my package. This should be an option for the customer so that the driver can be contacted for immediate clarification of where he/she actually delivered the package. UPS should attempt to locally resolve their delivery problem without having the customer check with neighbors, etc. and then have to submit a tracer request to the shipper, who had nothing to do with the UPS error. This is frustrating and aggravating, especially when you're traveling with the package )a Christmas gift) the next day which would not be possible if a tracer action had to be taken.