ResVpure / Unauthorized charge

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered the "free Trial Sample" agreed to pay the $3.50 shipping charge. The charge went through but I still have not received my sample. Today I logged onto my bank account and see a pending $85.00 charge to Resvpure for a product order. I have not even received my sample and I certainly did not order any product. I called the 866 number only to reach a recording that I have called outside of their "live support" hours. So now I have to wait until Monday to dispute this.

Do not Order from this company.

Comments

• De
      26th of Apr, 2009

I was charged 19.95 from my checking account, I did not authorized this!

27th of Apr, 2009

Update from my complaint:
    So I did some research over the weekend on the Resvpure website. In their Terms and Conditions it is stated that if you do not cancel your account within 10 days of ordering your "Free Trial Sample" you are automatically enrolled in their Monthly Shipment program which is $85.00 a month AS WELL AS their monthly newsletter which is an additional $ 5.95 a month.

Here is my HUGE problem with this shady business practice. Originally I filled out the form on-line but canceled the page out when I saw I needed to pay for shipping. When going to cancel the page I was them prompted that I could pay a lesser shipping charge if I still wanted the free trial. I still canceled. About 1 - 2 days later I received a phone call from Resvpure asking why I didnt complete my order for the Free Sample and if I still wanted it they could process it at that time for the $ 3.95 shipping. I agreed and when I gave my credit card number to the sales rep I asked her if this was a secure transaction as I was on a cell phone. She said yes and that as soon as she submitted the charge it was complete. She confirmed my address but at NO POINT did she say anything about these Terms and Conditions including that I had 10 days before I was roped into this Monthly plan. This telephone call and my order for the Free Sample was placed on April 14.
    So what do you know, Saturday April 25 rolls around still no Free Sample but alas I have a pending charge on my bank account for $85.00. So I tried 5 separate times to contact this company this morning. All calls were either lost or disconnected. Finally I called from my home number and was able to get through. When I finally got a rep on the phone I very calmly told her I wanted my money back and that as the charge was showing as still pending I didnt see how it could have miraculously gone through and the product been shipped out. All in two days which happen to be a weekend and no bank charges go through as well as no shipping will go out. Of course the reps response was a canned script about the Terms and Conditions. When I told her that the phone call did not ever include an explanation of the Terms and Conditions she told me that I was mistaken as they have a script that is follwed. When I told her that I hadnt even received my sample until the 11th day and why would I have canceled anything as I didnt know anything about the product, the rep said "well we have customers that do it all of the time I dont know why you didnt."
    At the end of it of course my order has already been authorized and shipped. Apparently they work so efficiently that when your 10 days are up they are right there (weekend or weekday) with your Monthly shipment ready to be sent as well as your form of payment ready to be charged.
    I finished up by confirming that I had to wait until I received the product before I can turn right around and mail it back for a full refund. I told the rep I couldnt believe in the way they conducted their business and that based on the consumer complaints all over the web I was sure that Resvpure was not banking on repeat customers. I will not even try the sample as I could care less if it works. I am so angry that I got swindled like this. At the end of the day I will mail the product back at my own cost and have to wait for my refund. I just am so tired of companies conducting shady borderline legal business like this. As a country we are in a mess of a financial situation because of shady business dealings. Now we even have to watch our backs with a seemingly innocent Free Trial Sample of a product that is touted as improving your life.
    So I will post my dealings all over the place. This company is banking on reports on Oprah and 60 Minutes about their product and I highly doubt that Oprah and 60 Minutes would support these unscrupulous business practices in return.
    Please Please take heed of all of these compliants and DO NOT order products from this company. It is so much more than you know you are getting yourself in to.

• Al
      1st of May, 2009

I agree! I too was charged even though I cancelled my autoship and returned samples of product. I now have a charge of $85.00 that I am attempting to get reversed. ( Without much success so far...)
    Allene Deen
    TX 78154

• Ge
      3rd of May, 2009

I too had a similar experience after ordering the free trial of ResvPur. When I noticed I had been charged $85.26 and I had not received the product, I immediately called the 866 number. I was able to connect to someone who indicated that the product had been sent out and I should receive it soon. I too had failed to read the terms and conditions and he proceeded to tell them to me. In as much as this was sthe 11th day and I only had ten days in which to respond, I told the young man, there was no way for me to respond as to whether or not I wanted the continue receiving the product when I did not even know what reactions or results I would get from taking it. The young man was very"understanding" and told me that what he could do is to reduce the charge to $25.00 and apologize for the inconvenience. Mind you, this was after he had told me I could not get a refund of my $85.26. I asked him how was he going to refund the difference between the $25.00 and the $85.26 when he had just told me he could not refund the amount taken out of my account.
    Since it was after hours, he then stated he would have his supervisor call me the next day and explain to me how to get my refund . I indicated that if I had not received the call from his supervisor, I would have my bank not pay it and I did not want any further shipments. Because I have online banking and I had done a debit on my card, I was able to see this charge immediatedfly and it was only pending. According to my understanding from the bank, I had three days to respond to the pending charges before they became permanent. Well, I did not receive a call from any supervisor, but I did receive the trial bottle of ten tablets a few days later.

Since I never heard from the supervisior, I decided to call again and voice my complaint. Even though it was daytime, I managed to speak to someone who claimed he was a manager, and he too indicated he would only charge me $25.00 for the shipment which had already been shipped out and which I should be receiving in the next few days. I proceeded to inquire about the tracking number and his name, which he would only supply a first name and an initial. He told me I could call him any time at the number I had dialed. He even offered to charge me only $25.00 for future shipments because "their only goal was to keep the customers happy." They would refund my $60.00 to my account but it might take four to five days before I would see it back in my account..
    A few days later, I did receive my first full shipment of Resvpur and a few days later, I noticed a credit of $60.31 in my checking account from them. I am currently using the tablets although I have not noticed any weight loss. It has been about eight days counting the five days for which I
    used the ten tablets (you must take two tablets daily) but I do seem to have a little more energy. It is too soon for me to be sure. But I am happy to report that I was successful in reaching someone and getting my refund. I shall continue to monitor my account for any charges over and above the 25.00.

• Vi
      5th of May, 2009

When I signed up for the trial bottle and received the bottle, I tried the pills and with the first two I started getting a rash on my face and hands. So I contacted them and told them to cancel everything. Next thing you know, I have a charge of $85.00 on my checking account that I did not authorize, and two days later received a package from them which I immediately sent back two weeks ago and still have not received the refund on my account or in the mail. I don't know what's wrong with their phone lines but I can't get through and as far as sending an email, forget that, no answer.

I hope you can help me, I'm just a waitress in a small town restaurant, not so young anymore, and need every cent spent well.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration. VJR

5th of May, 2009

Update on my on-going situation. Amazingly enough while it took ResVpure 11 days to send out my "free sample" I received the $85.00 shipment within three days (last Wednesday.) So upon receipt that same day I turned around and mailed the un-opened bottle right back with a certified mail USPS ($9.00) and have yet to get my credit back to my bank account (it is now the following Tuesday.) I imagine they will take their time in getting my money back to me.

Here is my final point, some of the comments above state that "when the consumer fails to read the Terms and Conditions.." I did not order my sample on-line, ResVPure called me and within that conversation no one read the Terms and Conditions to me or made any mention about such Terms and Conditions. There was no on-line exchange in order for me to "fail to review "and/or agree to said "Terms and Conditions." Had I been made aware of this "process" I certainly would not be so blindsided by an $85.00 charge and would weather this ordeal knowingly. Had I simply made a mistake by not canceling within the time frame that I knew I had I would just wait for the shipment and send it back and just chalk this up to being a busy mom and forgetting.

However, that is not what happened. This company does business in a VERY shady, borderline unethical way. ResVPure is banking on you not reading the 6 paragraphs of Terms and Conditions as many people do not do when ordering on-line. Many people assume that you are getting what you signed up for and nothing else. ResVPure buries their revenue process in an almost hidden button on the bottom of their web page. It's not fair and it's not right. Clearly this company is not too concerned with doing what is fair and what is right. This has been quite a lesson for me and hopefully for others. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau due to this ordeal. I feel that if ResVpure is so confident in their product and its results that there should be no reason to pull this type of bait and switch on their consumers. Clearly in order to generate consumers ResVPure has to do it in a VERY sneaky way and that just is not right.

While my husband and I are not poor we certainly have just enough to get by. We have a baby to care for and our $85.00 may be a drop in the bucket for ResVPure but it certainly can buy alot for my family. I just want my money back now and want to walk away from this ordeal a little wiser. Please just be aware of companies like ResVPure, they are so much more than they seem.

5th of May, 2009

I would advise you to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as I did. Its all done on-line.

• Da
      8th of May, 2009

paid for the free trail. and then after i was charged 85.26 which i didnt authorize . what i can do to get my money back.
    email me at wu_ninja209@yahoo.com

• Be
      11th of May, 2009

They say you get a free sample for $3.58 but then they charge you $85.00 in a week do not use this company. Plus the products are crap!!!

• Rg
      12th of May, 2009

I too, had an allergic reaction to the product and called to cancel. This company is not reputable or they would credit people's accounts.

• Ka
      18th of May, 2009

This company is unbelievable. They should go out of business. I never saw the terms and conditions when I ordered because you have to click on a separate link in order to see the terms and conditions. I ordered the sample, paid for the sipping and was livid when I saw they charged my credit card 85.00. I then received the product three days later. I called, got the script about how I agreed to the terms, which I did not. They told me I could get a full refund only if I got the product back to them within 48 hours. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau. I'm also sending an e-mail to Racheal Rey and Oprah---both who endorsed this product, and am letting them know what kind of business these people run.

It's truly disgusting that resVPure is getting away with such underhanded practices.

• Ha
      20th of May, 2009

This is an absolute scam. Yes the small print is there, but I ABSOLUTELY did not authorize them to charge anything else on my credit card. When I ask to speak to someone in the legal department, they would only give me the address of the legal department. They could not or would not give me any telephone numbers ! For those who are interested the address is : Resvpure Legal Department ( they didn't even know the name of the firm ! )
    428 East Thunderbird #131
    Phoenix, AZ 85202
    Does anyone else find it odd that the customer service dept. is in Utah but the legal dept. is in Arizona and they have no phone numbers they can give out. You must contact them in writing. To me, it just shows that they know they are walking the tight rope between legal and illegal activity.
    I'm planning to try to find those phone numbers using a crisscross and when I do everyone on the internet will know how to get to these idiots !

22nd of May, 2009

I was also a victim of this scam. I ordered this product only because it was free. I never authorized any charges on my credit card. The terms and conditions I never saw either. When I recieved the product I was waiting for a bill so I could return the product that I never ordered. I never check my account because I never thought they would actually charge my account without me authorizatio. When I recieved my statement for May I noticed an 85.26 charge and went back to my April statement and noticed the same charge, I was so upset I could not believe my eyes. I called the company and just like everyone else on this page I was told I did not read the terms and conditions. I aske for a refund and they told me that was not possible but they could give me sone discount coupons for my next purchase. Can you believe this, this is crazy. How can they do this? How can they get away with this? I will be contacting Oprah to let her know what this company has done and is doing to the people who watch her show and believe in her, since she supported this product.

23rd of May, 2009

I cannot even find a number to cancel. This is outrageous, My charge was 85.26 that I did not agree to pay. What can we do to correct this. need to cancel asap and get my refund.

27th of May, 2009

i had the same situation and was charged $85 without my authorization. When i called they mentioned that since i failed to read the terms and conditions, there is nothing they can do. They failed to give me additional information above the supervisor so i can spaek to someone who is actually running the company. The supervisor was rude and dismissive offering no cutomer support or flexibility. I will NEVER support them and think companies like this deserve a huge lawsuit to put them out of business.

• El
      28th of May, 2009

I ordered a free bottle of resV Pure from the internet for the price of shipping and handling. When I received the bottle it contained in an envelope without a return address and no written information. Just the bottle that didn't give the name of the company or a telephone number. I kept checking my bank statement for the S&H charges, which would have given me a telephone number to call. When it did appear it was a charge for 85.26. I promptly called the number and was given the same story as all others have received. I don't know where the terms and conditions were, but I didn't see them and if I did I would have not ordered the product which it seems to me is what the company is banking on. Not seeing the terms and conditions!!! I will email Oprah and 60 Minutes and register a complaint with the Beter Business Bureau. This company should not be in business.

28th of May, 2009

Final upate on my original complaint.
    Before I go into this I must say that I am shocked at how many people have had this same situation occur since my original post. While I believe consumers can be naieve at times I do not believe that we are all stupid and in this case we just got sucked into quite a scam. After the final resolution of my situation I do believe this company operates just above the law, there are no ethical business standards here. We have all gotten pulled into this under the guise of trying to lose a little weight, get a little extra energy or whatever the reasons it was ordered. So now we all walk away a little wiser and certainly alot more distrusting of businesses. Honestly I can do without the later..
    Having said that once I received my paid shipment I went to the post office purchased supplies and tracking services for my package. Additionally, once I wrapped the package and addressed it I took a clear picture of it with my cell phone. You see I believe when a company operates as this one has there is nothing they will not do to perpetuate the scam and therefore it's now in my best interest to protect myself from a "mismarked" or "lost/missing" package. So off goes my $9.00 package with tracking. In the meantime I received a response from the B.B.B saying that the parent company of ResVPure was no longer going to respond to the BBB complaints as "they" being the parent company of ResVPure do not feel that the BBB has responded to the company reasonably and given them a satisfactory rating eventhough they settled over 300 cases with the BBB. WHAT???? Over 300 complaints with the Utah BBB? This is crazy and now I know it's not just me. So they closed the case because there was nothing more that could be done. The company just decided it wouldn't honor my request through the BBB so I had no choice but to respond that I was satisfied as I knew I had already sent back the full un-opened bottle and would at some point receive my refund.
    After about 3 weeks I did but not before I received an email from "Customer Service" saying that they processed my refund but it could take up to an additional 30 days for my bank to process it. It took 3...

Note to self, shop the old fashion way or if you have to shop on-line do it with a reputable company only!!!

• Lu
      29th of May, 2009

This company is a scam. I received a bottle, which I did not order, was charged $85.26 . I was told I could send it back, which I did the next day. Then I received an email stating they could not refund me because it had been more than 30 days since I ordered the sample. Now they have the product and I have the bill. Take heed people...

• Aj
      1st of Jun, 2009

same thing happened to me, however, I was able to get $65.00 refunded on my credit card. The rep told me that they would ship the month's supply for the $20.00 since I had not received the shipment. The shipment still has not arrived and I have called twice to ask about the shipment.

• Ms
      5th of Jun, 2009

Same bull happened to me. Trying to get it through the company's "Red Tape" is bogus. They gave me the run around and now I am out almost $200.00. What a crock.