Resurgent Capital Services LP / Attempt to offer fraudulant credit for debt not owed or valid

I have been offered a Visa through Resurgent Capital Services L.P. to pay off a debt that I do not owe. They would like to me to agree to pay 888 dollars and if I take this deal they will reduce my debt down 98.70 dollars. They are claiming to own an account from RNB (Retailers National Bank) Target. I haven't had a credit card with Target since 10/13/2000 which is the day I made my last payment on a card with nothing more than a 300 dollar limit. The original account number does not match my last account number, nor does it match any other RNB card I had last. My credit report is clear and all 3 bureaus match. Even if I had owed 300 dollars and it doubled, it would not equal the amount they would like to take from me. I believe this to be a scam and I do not know what else to do, but submit this complaint. If documentation is needed, please contact me at the following with instructions on how to stop this.

300 Cirby Hills Dr
#102
Roseville, CA 95678

[protected] home
[protected] work

Sincerely,
Anjanette Morgan

More Resurgent Capital Services LP Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Am
      23rd of Oct, 2007

I received the exact same offer from Resurgent offering me a visa to clear a debt that I do not owe. I have made attempts to research this and have ended up empty handed ~ my advice is Don't accept this offer!!

• Ll
      15th of Jan, 2008

I received an offer to settle a "debt" with "Resurgent Capital Services" for $51. The offer was made by CBCS in Columbus OH acting as a collector for "Resurgent Capital Services". Who are these people? The statement says, they will give me the original creditor's name and address if I respond within 30 days? ???????? I never ever recall not paying a bill for $100 in the first place. These people are frauds and should be ashamed of themselves! There will come that day when they will stand alone with God Almighty and answer to their evil deeds. Poeple ought to think twice about who they accept employment by. L

• Do
      16th of Feb, 2008

It is my opinion, from what has been described by 100's of people in numerous states, that the practices of resurgent capital are less than honorable. The foundation of what they attempt to do is to strong arm money from a variety of individuals using several tactics which in my belief, are simply deceptive. I do not believe they can be trusted.

• Da
      14th of Mar, 2008

Contact and file a report on line with the better business bureau. My boyfriend got a similar letter from Resurgent Capital Services LP (CBCS) for a debt supposedly made some 12 years ago -- which is obviously a fraud.

Upon calling we discovered that they had his SS number. We filed.. and almost immediatly CBCS dropped the account (surprise surprise). We have not closed the complaint with the BBB yet - because CBCS said they have closed their account and returned it to the original debetor who they have named as "Resurgent capital". Its the same company!

BBB has to know this is a fraud and I want them to do something about it. I also want to know how my boyfriends SS number was obtained.

In the meantime.. file your complaint and check your credit records.

• Ba
      1st of Jun, 2008

Resurgent Capital is like a virus that tries to reinfect. Resurgent is laced with scams and unseen traps. I would never give them any form of money.

• Ly
      20th of Jul, 2009

I just received something from CBCS/Resurgent Capital. I have NO Clue how they got my information but this is very creepy. Has anything been resolved because of this?

• Db
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I got my credit report and and there were something on there i don't know what it is resrgent capital services lp greenville i don't know what this is i have never got a bill fromthem my husband has the same thing on his report me and him don't have credit toghter

• Mi
      17th of Feb, 2012

I just received a letter from Resergent Capital Service LP, that I owne $735.51 dollars for a Chevron credit card. I live in Puerto Rico and that Gas Station is not in Puerto Rico I call several number that the letter has and nobody answer, I dindt chek my credit report yet Im going to ask for one. Im very concern about that..Pleas If someboby Know were I can call or write about this SCAM...