Resume Edge / Very poor service/scam

1 ResumeEdge c/o Nelnet 2000 Lenox Drive Second Floor Lawrence, Lawrenceville, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-438-2633

I recently was in the market to have my professional executive CV written so I decided to do it right and hire a professional service. I paid $359.00 for the service and was sent to an online survey form. I filled out all of the information, called customer service to discuss how the process would roll out and was assured that I would be completely satisfied with the results. I received the CV and was shocked. It was awful. Grammatical errors, random capitalization, very poorly written and completely unusable as a professional document. I called the company figuring I could just get another writer on their staff to work with since the assigned writer was so poorly skilled. I was denied my request. I then asked for a refund. ($359 is a lot of money to spend on such poor service) They refused and told me to take it up with my credit card company. The customer service rep was very rude and I realized that he was well versed in this type of complaint and seemed like a common event. I have since complained to the BBB and the referenced PARW standards organization that they align themselves with http://www.parw.com/home.html. I am hoping to get a refund or at the very least, the professional document I paid for. Stay very far away from them or any of the other companies they run (nelnet is the parent company). I really would not wish this kind of aggravation and loss of money on anyone.

Bc

Comments

• Bc
      18th of Nov, 2010

Here is a screenshot of the email sent to resume edge notifying them of our complaint to the BBB. Notice that is was closed without any response to us. Totally disregarded!

• Tr
      1st of Dec, 2010

So, did you ever get your money back? They seem to have a pretty good record on the BBB and elsewhere...

• 16
      1st of Dec, 2010

I have placed multiple orders with Resume Edge and every single one I have received back has been far beyond what words can describe! Their editors are top notch and do an excellent job putting "you" into words when you don't know exactly what to say about yourself in order to land the perfect job! I have had great success with this company and would recommend them to any job seeker.

• Sb
      14th of Dec, 2010

Good luck getting resolution to the horrible resume-writing service. You can also escalate to the state attorney general. You have the evidence in the resume you received. I've done it a couple of times - once @1994 and it was worthless then again, through a recruiting agency I was using but this time I got my money back! I've seen many services using outsourced employees. $359 is a ludicrous amount to spend on a such a service. Use Dice and use your friends - they're both free and will provide better advice. By the way, I don't need to check my spelling as suggested by the website. I'm quite literate.

• 1u
      21st of Oct, 2012

Just used their service and they regurgitated the same language from the resume I created myself. Was hoping to have a creative, vibrant resume to help leverage my sales career in a new industry. I'm still in the revision stage, but very disappointed to say the least.

19th of Mar, 2013

I wish I had read this review before I singed up. It seems that they just organized the information that I put in their questionery in word document. I could have done that myself and saved $250. The resume they created is very generic, nothing standing out, simply 'bla'. Do not use them! I wish I had used greatresumesfast.com. They were more expensive but their samples look great. I've learned my lesson.

• Sg
      15th of Oct, 2013

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, I wasted $359, my original resume was much better and professional looking. I ended up throwing out their version and update it myself. As far as the customer services goes, they refused any refunds - I am disputing through my credit card company.

• Al
      4th of Nov, 2015

Purchased ResumeEdge's resume service but all I got was poorly written draft from the writer who seems to be not skilled. Even right after the revision, the document is still not as impressive as I expected. Asking for a refund now and still in process. I've tapped www.punchyresume.com recommended by a friend of mine and I'm more than happy, in fact, beyond happy with my new resume and cover letter.

• Nd
      17th of Aug, 2016

Resume Edge is a complete scam!! Stay clear away! I paid nearly $300 for a professional resume and received the most generic and poorly written document that my 15 year old brother could have written. The writer spent a total of 5 minutes asking me questions which clearly did not help her understand my work history as the resume I got make absolutely no sense. I have requested a refund, but was told that it meets Resume Edge and industry standards which clearly are very low considering I drafted a much better resume using a free resume tool online. In short SAVE YOUR MONEY as you are paying this scam of a business to do ALL the work yourself. They clearly do not have any "Insider knowledge" or edge that will make your resume stand out to recruiters. Oh and to top it off - their customer service will ignore you. I responded to an email informing me to work things out with my writer to which l requesting a refund and have not heard back for over a week. They need to go out of business.