Results Weight Loss / False Advertisment

1 7370 College Pkwy. Suite #207Ft Myers, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 239-415-3279

On January 21, 2008 my wife joined Results Weight Loss program with the goal of lossing
10 lbs. and lowering her cholestrol.The adds read "Results Guaranteed ", after being in the program till March 31, 2008 a no loss of weight she requested a refund having paid $1300.00 . We were told to contact the main offices.We sent a registered letter requesting a refund 0n May 1, 2008. We received a letter on May 7th, 2008 stating we failed to cancel in the 3 day perod so we were not getting a refund.In all the cost to us was $3322.15 for the program which failed to produce any weight loss. We feel that this is false and misleading advertisment, since they state "Results Guaranteed" We have also filed complaint with Florida attorney general office and the BBB of southwest Florida regarding their practices.They are investigating the program.

Comments

• Ka
      26th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me. It is false advertising.

• Th
      4th of Mar, 2010

I agree. Results only wants more money with people buying products. The manager used to work at LA weightloss and bad-mouthed Results. I was mortified when she came over to Results. On top of that, she fired the best counselor there because she was jealous that everyone asked to see that counselor. I didn't feel like the other counselors really cared about my progress. They only tried to sell me more products.

• Ti
      29th of Jun, 2010

I worked for Results for 10 months, I loved the clients and loved helping people. The company does push "revenue" "revenue"... The continue to manipulate and pit one employee against another because they think that will generate more money. I was wrote up for caring about someone, and paying the downpayment for a client, because I understood what it's like to be trapped in a fat body. Another employee forged my signiture of 4 official documents, contracts and I got wrote up for it. So I left the company and now they are playing games and holding my final paycheck. I don't understand how a company can be so unethical and continue to grow.

• Bo
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I am interested in the "swab test" to determine best weight loss approach to follow. Is that actual or just a fantasy to get people to join. Also, what is the BASIC cost of the program? Those of us who have not visited the facility would appreciate having a "ball park" figure in our heads BEFORE taking time to have a meeting, especially if it is far more than we could ever afford. Thanks.

• Ti
      2nd of Feb, 2011

Ball park figure? About $2k for the program for two years and about 3 - 5K for food supplements and about 200 a month for vitamins etc.

• Th
      2nd of Feb, 2011

The swab test is just another game. Having a specialist give you a plan is a gimmick too. The plans are given to you based on your weight. Basically I was allowed to eat 3 veggies, 2 fruits, 3 proteins and 1-2 starches. I do better on weight watchers.

23rd of Mar, 2011

I totally disagree with all. The program does work and the genetic test tells you what you are not metabolizing properly and there are special programs according to what you are not metabolizing properly. The supplements and vitamins are tools you can purchase to better enable your weight loss but not manditory. I do work at one of the centers and see tremendous success on a daily basis. It makes me proud to part of such a successful organziation.

24th of Mar, 2011

This diet is a money making scam!!! The counselors are educated for 2 weeks and simply read your diet plan to you off a sheet without knowledge of how this diet may affect you on a physical level. There is no medical training, no blood pressure taken, no blood draws. The second week of the diet you are instructed to eat only protein. They tell you it is to boost your metablism and get you "burning your fat!" It is called ketosis, and yes there is weight loss but the couselors are cluless as to why and how it affects a patient. I am a registered nurse and because I fight with the same 25 lbs over and over I became desperate and payed someone to tell me a bunch of B.S. Don't do it...I could scream I just lost 900.00 dollars in despiration. My advise, seek a reputable physician who specializes in Bariatric Medicine to help you. You pay by the week and are not taken advantage from up front. If economic times are tough...plenty of on line diets that are much better suited for weight loss than this. Goodluck!

1st of May, 2011

How can you tout an online weight loss program and profess to be a nurse. You of all people should know that is dangerous as they do not know your medical history. Unless they get a full medical history and have a licensed nutritionist address the clients medication, and any past, or present illness's. Of which results does do. And you are asked to eat proteins and green vegetables in the second week for 7 days and not all clients are advised to do this. You said you were given a bunch of B.S. however did you follow the program. I highly doubt you did. I see tremendous weight loss on a daily basis. I also see caring couselors, who go above and beyond what is the norm to help the clients on a daily basis. It sounds to me that you just weren't ready to make the comittment. And you feel as though you wasted your money. When you are ready they will be there for you no matter what.

1st of May, 2011

P. S.. It is a healthy and sustainable program. Oh and by the way all clients are asked for their personal M.D. phone number and name and they are contacted about our program and their input, unless client requests them not too.

12th of May, 2011

There are many diets with great "results" for many clients. There are not many that take 900.00 dollars with a no refund policy without being verbally honest about this at the "free consultation." Then counselors are intructed to give you a deal on nutritional bars on the second visit ranging between $400 and $600 dollars and the client has not even lost 5 lbs yet. How do you justify taking $1500 dollars for no medical training? Let alone no blood draws, ekg, blood pressure or benefit of consutation with a physician? Oh and by the way on line diets do tell clients to see their physician before starting any weight loss program. Paying your physician significantly less than $1500 dollars will be to every consumers advantage vs. a counselor in a white lab coat being friendly reading you a pre printed generic diet plan. Please explain when the counselor will notify your physician? What will she report without benefit of vital sign and labs?? So you see I not only profess to be a nurse...I am a great one and no matter what weight I am I will be proud of the fact I will always put the patient and their rights first!!!

• Tr
      22nd of May, 2011

I think results weight loss is a scam. How has the Attorney General let this scam go on for so long I don't know. I am not a lawyer, but this is what I understand:
    1st. If they guarantee results like they claim, they should honor this. It is illegal to promote something that is NOT true. If they don't guarantee anything, then they should say it.
    2nd. The 3 day buyers remorse law should be honored by anybody making sales in Florida. It is illegal for them to block it or make it difficult for those that want their money back.
    3rd. They should say upfront how much you are going to spend, beyond the $1, 000 fee to start with them.
    4th. They should disclose exactly what genes or genetic signature they test for. The FDA should be all over them in case they claim some diagnostic which is false.
    5th. They should charge by the month $1, 000/12 = $84 per month . The reason they don't charge by month is because they know most of those who start their program understand it doesn't work before the first month.
    6th. Somebody should investigate if their contacting and asking questions to the M.D. of the person might be illegal. They might violating HIPAA Privacy Rules.

24th of Jun, 2011

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 67197322 Better Business Bureau of West Florida, Inc.

Consumer Info: F, C Business Info: Results! Weight Loss
    2338 Immokalee Rd PMB 404
    Naples, FL 34110-1445 239 566-9146

Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :
    When I signed up with Result weight loss center in Sarasota ( 3/11/2011) I was fully committed to the program.
    Although I had with me an Ad which ran on their website for I was talked into the 2 year program at a cost of $1144.50. Juli Wolf was the Sales person.
    To convince me of the longer program she also mentioned that Dr. Oz was associated with the Center, which I had been also told by another client of theirs and because of Dr. Oz being associated with the Center I felt comfortable to sign with them.

After two weeks on their program I felt faint, dizzy and my hands and feet felt like electricity ran through them.
    I called the office but they were closed on Thursdays and the call was forwarded to another Center perhaps.
    When I told the female person that answered the phone about my problem and concerns she told me that I was not eating enough of their supplements and suggested that I make immediately a glass of their fiber supplement gelatin.

I followed her instructions but I had no relief.

I had been also put on 6 instead of 3 pills per day ( by Kelly) of their metabolic Formula.
    I believe that this caused the problems and I stopped taking them and my symptoms lessoned.
    I saw Julie the next day who then gave me a lecture that I had not followed their program.
    She told me that she had quit a high paying job to ''help us people'' and could not pay her bills from what she was making at the center.

The following Friday ''District Manager Natalie'' was present at the Center beside Julie Wolf and Kelly ?, when I arrived at my appointment.

I voiced concerns and problems I had to her and when I asked about Dr. Oz she told me that he was not associated with the Center, however, he was a an Investor, than became "only a minor investor". Then I asked why although according to my ''DNA Profile'' I should not eat to many carps, (none of their nutritional bars), my friend with the same profile of being carp sensitive was told she could eat their nutritional bars.
    District Manager Natalies answer was that their scientific team had changed the protocol the week before.
    District Manager Natalie also told me that they had not run the special '' Loose 20 lb in 4 Wks for $39.00, ''
    When I insisted they did she said that it was a long time ago. (I have the advertisement which ran the day I signed up)
    I told District Manager Natalie that I was concerned about my health.
    District Manager Natalie then told me that the program may not be for me and I asked her if therefore I would be refunded some of the money. She told me ''absolutely.''

I have written to the company and their reply came back that their cancellation policy is 3 days.
    Since I have a copy from March 11, 2011 when I signed I noted that they changed the ''Ending date from my original copy 3/11/2013 to ''Ending date 7/15/ 2011.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
    I am seeking a refund in the amount of $895.00My payment on March 11 2011 was in the amount of $1144.50I was given vitamins, calcium, Nutritional Supplements, Appetite Control Formula, EFA, cookbook and 7 bags of snacks which makes up the difference. Although I did not asked for these products I was told they would be beneficial for my weight loss. Results weight loss center also misrepresented themselves and used a famous TV doctor to gain clients. Juli Wolf lied to me. I needed medical advice but was given none.(I was promised support but was given none) Just to consume more of their supplements. I was told medical staff would be looking out for me which too was not the case.The District Manager Natalie agreed with me that I was due a refund. Actually she blamed my weight gain on Sisco which supplies the Restaurants and is full of salt.)

BBB Processing

04/15/2011 web BBB Case Received by BBB
    04/15/2011 BJB BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
    04/15/2011 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute
    04/25/2011 BJB BBB Courtesy Call to Business
    04/25/2011 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : April 25, 2011
    Dear BJ Baker:
    In response to the case filed April 15, 2011, relating to the complaint that was filed by Ms. F.
    In an effort to resolve this matter our President Kristine Creely has tried to contact Ms. F; however has received no response in return.
    Ms. F signed a two year contract dated March 11, 2011 ending March 11, 2013 with Results Weight Loss; according to this contract a refund is not due. Ms. F did not cancel her contract per our policy agreement.
    As per the letter dated April 11, 2011 to Ms. F the agreement says that you must notify us in writing within three days of the date that you signed the agreement in order to be eligible for a refund/cancellation and our position still stands a refund/cancellation is not due. Please keep in mind that all of the products that we offer are an optional part of our program and can always be omitted this is the client's choice. We have many clients that do not take any of our products and have great success obtaining their weight loss goals. We have a dietitian on staff; Pam Powderly MEd, RD, LDN available to co-manage and personalize our clients individual plan. Pam Powderly's back ground as an intern through Harvard Medical Hospital specializing in weight management provides a great support system for our clients during their weight loss journey.
    The contract clearly states that there are no refunds on product purchased on sale or at discounted price. The contract is very clear in reference to the cancellation and refund provisions. The client clearly did receive products and services and did not cancel per agreement.
    Director of Customer Relations
    Results Weight Loss, Inc.
    04/25/2011 BJB EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
    05/04/2011 WEB BBB CONSUMER REJECTS BUSINESS' FINAL OFFER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    Ms. Summerlin is apparently misinformed. Ms. Creely has not tried to contact me. I have received no phone calls, no e-mail, nor any letters from Ms. Creely. My husband received one call from Julie (last name requested but not given) at Results. Julie stated that she was ''checking in'' to see how I was doing. Other than that one phone call and a perfunctory postcard satisfaction survey there has been no attempt to contact me by anyone from Results Weight Loss.
    I note Ms. Summerlin's reference to an on-staff dietician who ''...provides a great support system for our clients...'' My personal experience does not bear this out. When I called with a medical concern that I felt was directly related to the weight loss program I was told to simply take more supplements.
    In addition, Results changed the ending date of my contract after signing without prior consultation or informing me of the change. My understanding was and is that I purchased a two year program for $895. My copy of the contract clearly shows an ending date of 3/11/2013. Results unilaterally changed the ending date to 7/15/2011 on a copy of the contract included with Ms. Summerlins's refusal letter to me of April 11, 2011. Granted that both copies of the contract showed ''Weight Loss Weeks Purchased'' of 18 weeks. Again, my understanding was two years, not six months.
    I do not dispute the three day cancellation time period. My complaint stems from what I consider to be misleading and less than factual conduct on the part of Results. The supplements that I purchased succeeded only in altering my well being; not in producing weight loss as advertised. I am quite willing to pay for the supplements I received and the time spent by Results personnel setting up a program for me. However, a program that should run over a two year period cannot possibly use the entire amount of funds in less than a month. Therefore I reiterate my request for a refund of $895.00. In my opinion, a reasonable, prudent business that is truly concerned about the well being of their clientele would honor such a request, and not insist on written cancellation within three days of signing.
    05/04/2011 BJB EMAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
    05/13/2011 WEB BBB BBB RECEIVES BUSINESS REBUTTAL TO CUSTOMER : May 13, 2011
    Dear BJ Baker:
    In response to the case filed April 11, 2011, relating to the complaint that was filed by Ms. F.
    In our previous letters to Ms. F, we offered opportunities to recover the full value of the investment that Ms. F made in our weight loss program. According to the terms of our agreement with Ms. F, a refund is not due. However in a final effort to resolve this matter, we have presented an offer to Ms. F in writing and we are awaiting her decision.
    We are always evaluating ways to make our organization the very best weight loss company in Southwest Florida. We have a great deal of pride that we are changing people's lives in a positive fashion on a daily basis.
    We wish Ms. F the very best.
    05/16/2011 BJB EMAIL Send Business' Rebuttal Response to Consumer
    05/27/2011 CLP BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    Dear BJ Baker,
    I have received an offer from Results. In order to respond to you by May 27, 2011, please be advised that I have not concluded this matter, and the complaint should not be closed as ''Assumed Satisified''.
    05/30/2011 OttO BBB No Further Comments From Consumer
    05/31/2011 BJB EMAIL Follow up Verification to Consumer
    06/08/2011 WEB BBB CONSUMER REJECTS BUSINESS' FINAL OFFER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    I am not satisified with the company's efforts. They have not offered a refund as requested.
    06/08/2011 BJB EMAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
    06/14/2011 BJB BBB BBB RECEIVES CUSTOMER REBUTTAL TO RESPONSE : Many people go to check out businesses on the BBB website and belief that doing
    Business with a company like Results weight loss according to BBB is okay.

It is not okay.

I will not accept the offer Results made to me in the amount of $609.08 because I am not going to keep quiet of my experience with this company and their outrages, dangerous and reckless behavior towards me and my health.

I will want to know what causes my health problems.
    I will want to know what is in the pills sold to me at the Sarasota weigh loss center.
    I want to know if these pills are FDA approved.
    I will want to know what is in Metabolic Accelerator after being told by Kelly at
    Sarasota Results center to take 6 pills a day and why this has changed my stool elimination since then.
    I will want to know why I did not receive medical advice when I called Results weight loss with health problems but was told to consume more of their supplements.
    (No supplements or pills are mentioned in their advertisements)
    I will want to know who will be paying for my colonoscopy.
    I will want to know why Results alters a contract signed by me without my permission.
    I want to know why the genetic test supposed to take 3-4 weeks yet I received mine within 7 days.
    I want to know why Juli Wolf told me that Dr. Oz as being associated with the Result Centers when he is not.

There are many more things I will want to know.

If I had beforhand knowledge of the responses to a complaint from a client of Results I would have walked away.
    I would certainly not trust my health and well being to Miss Summerlin and whom she represents.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM, kthkenoja@gmail.com wrote:
    I am informing you herewith that my case with Results weight loss is not concluded satisfactory and I expect for BBB to reflect this.
    I have called BJ Baker twice and left messages with him/her which were not returned.

Many people go to check out businesses on the BBB website and belief that doing
    Business with a company like Results weight loss according to BBB is okay.

It is not okay.

I will want to know what causes my health problems.
    I want to know if these pills are FDA approved.
    (No supplements or pills are mentioned in their advertisements)
    I will want to know who will be paying for my colonoscopy.

There are many more things I will want to know.

06/14/2011 BJB EMAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
    06/15/2011 WEB BBB BBB RECEIVES BUSINESS REBUTTAL TO CUSTOMER : June 15, 2011
    Dear BJ Baker:
    Results Weight Loss has made every effort to meet Ms. F more than half way in finding a solution to resolve this matter. It is Ms. F's privilege and right to reject our good faith gesture; however our offer still stands.
    Our program is very safe and effective we provide one on one support, nutritional guidance, and behavior modification to help our clients achieve their weight loss goals. We have many clients that have gone through the program that have had great success. To succeed in this (or any program) requires a commitment to your goals. We are committed to supporting our clients every step of the way.
    We wish Ms. F the very best.
    06/15/2011 BJB EMAIL Send Business' Rebuttal Response to Consumer
    06/22/2011 WEB BBB CONSUMER REJECTS BUSINESS' FINAL OFFER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
    BJ Baker,
    This letter is for the BBB. I do not wish to have it send on. I do not wish to ever hear from that pill pushing company ever again.
    In response to the last letter please be advised of the fallowing:
    My Credit card company has refunded the full amount of $1144.50 which is for less than two weeks Service. While there Miss Wolf did not give me the opportunity for other plans but the $1144.50 which I could only have if I wanted to become a member of Results.
    I also became a member because of the reputation of Dr. Oz who was associated with Results,
    which Miss Wolf not only stated to me but others had the same impression after Results told them so.
    As I stated to you, I had full intentions to go through their program however, what they advertise is not what you get.
    They also on April 11, 2011 enclosed a copy of my contract which I had signed with altered dates and the handwriting was not the same as the original contract. This clearly is as unethical as it can get. Is that allowed in Contract law?
    This company has a policy of 3 days your money back. No one will know what happens to them in 3 days. This enlightenment comes a few days later. They have no right to belittle me; lie to me, push pills on me;
    Tell me that my oatmeal is no good and I need to buy their oatmeal. When needing medical attention I am told to consume more of their supplements instead telling me to get to a doctor.
    They endangered my health. This is mistreatment.
    This ends now.
    Is this the action of an ethical upfront honorable business organization? I think not.
    I do not wish further contact with this dishonorable, unethical and immoral company and their false advertisings. They have my money, They done me wrong, they hurt my well being, and therefore I will keep my voice.
    This complaint will not be closed as satisfied by BBB. This complaint has not a satisfactory ending.
    It is because of all your satisfied closed cases that I went and believed I was dealing with an honorable company.
    06/22/2011 BJB BBB BBB Judged Case AJR
    06/22/2011 Otto EMAIL Inform Consumer - Case ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED
    06/22/2011 Otto BBB Case ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED

• Jl
      14th of Oct, 2012

Although I no longer work for this company, This comment by this client from Germany, is exagerated and untruthful in some areas, (possibley a langeage barrier issue)... I merely worked for this company for less than a year, representing only what I was told and helping people that wanted it to lose weight. This lady is clearly angry and was dealing with stressful personal issues ( as she told me). Perhaps it just became too much for her as she was in mourning over sick relatives. I do wish to clear my name, since she accuses me of saying things that are incorrectly communicated above, ref; I merely told people at the time that "Dr Oz supported our philosophy and weight loss program", we had his literature in our centers that coincide with his agreement about our food plans. This client was emotionally upset and I spent precious time genuinely consoling her/ It was only when she questioned my integrity that I mentioned I quit a great paying job because I loved what I was doing and it wasn't about the money, but that I felt a passion for helping people lose weight!!! Why she twisted that around in her earlier false comment is beyond me, just a very angry person... I hope she realises in America you really should be honored to be here, and careful how putting negative publicity out for the world to perceive as truth can be very harmful. I wish her and any other clients that I use to consult, complete success, peace and wellness. Sincerely, Juli Wolf