restraunts.com / Literally ripped off @ purchase; Hundreds taken from account & Terms of &Gift Certificates& not shown in fine print untill purchase is c

1 1500 W. Shure DriveArlington Heights, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.979.8985

****www.restaurant.com STOLE $813.00 FROM ME AND I HAVE NO WAY TO GET IT BACK!****

The info above is the contact info for the online site www.restraunt.com (also know as restraunts.com). I am submiting this complaint after a series of purchases from them which where supposed to total $18.00 resulted in my getting a balance of about $813.00 (eight hundred and thirteen dollars). I have contacted the company pre my realizing today for 100% certantity that this money was ripped off from me and they where very rude. They not only refused to give me a refund but they did not acknowledge that they took more then they where to take out of my account.

I do not have a way to prove; atleast not at the moment. As I am in school which is ending in one week I am not able to get the doccuments from my bank uploaded however, I will by the begining of next week as I have the time post my bank statements once I print them out and white out my personal info to show proof of what happend.

Other then this the gift certificates them selves individually ended up being a joke. Not only the print for each was in small letters, which was hard to read. The entire list of terms per each restraunt are not known for NONE of the gift certificates in my area untill you finish not only the purchase but designate the monies out of you'r "restraunt.com" account to each particular retailer. I pointed this out when on the phone with them (which by the way took me 2 days to get some one on the line) I got nothing but arguement and attitude from the rep from the site. I was not only nice to her, but I calmly pointed out to her exactly how the terms of each of the gift certificates I tried to endorse where not known untill you click print (which is after a two step process of getting credit for the site in general, after which the full terms are not shown untill you actually designate a specific ammount to each and there after print the certificates).

At the end of the day I have enough if I am lucky to get good Christmass gifts for everyone in my family, I do at this point have all my bills paid but as of next month I will certinly not be ahead. This ammount of money may not be alot to some one that works but as I am on disability $813.00 is truly alot of money to me.

I would not for any reason what so ever go to this site or buy anything here unless you can afford to get ripped off as I did.

Comments

• Re
      13th of Dec, 2010

Hello, Courtney - I regret to hear about your experience. Restaurant.com has been in business for more than 10 years and maintains a A+ rating with the BBB. We take customer issues seriously and would like to make things right. The experience you noted above sounds very unusual and I would really like to put you in touch with a customer service manager to get to the bottom of the issue as it sounds like there was some kind of miscommunication. If you would be willing to send me your contact information, you can find my direct contact details below.

Also, in regards to the terms and conditions associated with each gift certificate, they are listed both on the search page and listings page for each restaurant before you make your purchase. The terms are put in place to ensure that the program benefits the restaurants on our program just as much as it does the diners.

Stephanie Kneisler
    Restaurant.com
    Director, PR & Corporate Communications
    skneisler@restaurant.com

• Dr
      30th of Mar, 2011

I completely agree! I bought some certificates so I could get my bf a nice dinner for his bday. I read all of the fine print to be sure I was not missing anything. Then AFTER I PAID they give me all of this fine print about only being able to use one, and the stupid gratuity percentage! I think I got $2 off. I did not have much money... it cleaned my account... I should of brought my entertainment book! Restraunts.com SUCKS!

• Dr
      30th of Mar, 2011

the BBB is a joke! do you know how many scam businesses have 100% rating with them?

• Ri
      13th of Feb, 2012

Restaurants.com I feel is a scam. There are pages of fine print and someone my age seeing the fine print is beginning to be a problem. I filed a complaint with paypal and with restaurant.com and got a real nasty reply as I should have read the fine print better and bassically we got your money and you are not going to get it back. I would not deal with this scam service.