Restoration hardware / dont stand behind product

1 we got problemsNanuet, NY, United States Review updated:

I PURCHASED A SOFA FROM RESTORATION HARDWARE ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO. THE FABRIC WAS THIN AND WHEN I EXPRESSED CONCERNS ABOUT THIS THE SALES PERSON TOLD ME IT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY. THE FABRIC HAS DISINTIGRATED. I DO NOT HAVE A DOG NOR WAS IT ABUSED IN ANY WAY. THEY CLAIM IT WAS DUE TO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. I HAVE ANOTHER SOFA IN AN AJACENT ROOM THAT WAS PURCHASED AROUND THE SAME TIME AND IT IS STILL IN EXCELLENT SHAPE. RESTO HARDWARE SHOULD HAVE NEVER USED THIS MATERIAL AS A FURNITURE COVERING AND SINCE HAS STOPPED. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO HELP AND FOR THE PRICE I PAID I AM INCREDIBLY UNHAPPY WITH THE DURABILITY OF THIS ITEM. BEWARE OF THEIR WARRANTY. YOU WOULD BE BETTER BUYING FROM RALPH LAUREN FOR THIS PRICE THE QUALITY IS MUCH BETTER.

Ch

Comments

• Sh
      24th of May, 2009

blame yourself, you didn't get the warranty information in writing.

• Ti
      24th of May, 2009

7 YEARS? That is a long time to hold onto a coach you did not like.

27th of Apr, 2011

i liked the sofa i was assured the fabric was durable. the warranty is not in writing anywhere with resto hardware. you can't get it in writing either that is one of my main points. i posted this for people to be aware when dealing with resto. stop defending them.

• So
      23rd of Oct, 2012

You could buy Charles Schneider Furniture, I have had them fix my sofa even after the warrant expired because one other customer had the same problem or buy something cheap that you don't mind to replace like Ashley. I do think they should of replaced it, though.

• Kn
      8th of Oct, 2013

FYI, Restoration Hardware doesn't have a warranty. Any issues after 30 days are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. However, even if RH did have a warranty comparable to the industry, it would only be for 1-5 years since that is the warranty length of nearly every furniture company online.