Resorts Management Services / Scam to defraud

1 3422 Old Captitol Trail Ste 1387Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-979-8222

My husband was contacted by Mike Lathrop in August 2010 telling us that he had a buyer for our timeshare. My husband, who has Stage 4 kidney cancer, told him he was not going to pay upfront since we had been stung previously. This Mike Lathrop contacted us again December 1 telling us that he actually had a buyer and were we interested in selling. After telling us the costs for closing was $900, he said that I would receive a phone call from the verification department to verify details to satisfy FTC regulations. I was supposed to answer "No" to questions whether I had been told that there was a sale of my timeshare or that there was a specific buyer. I initially did not answer according to what Mike Lathrop told me and the verification was stopped. Within minutes Mike Lathrop was calling me questioning why I had not answered as he told me. He said that they work backwards to most companies and that is why it is important to reply in that manner. I was very uncomfortable over the weekend wondering whether I had done right. Over the weekend I googled Resorts Management Services and was eager on Monday morning to make calls for more information. Resorts Management Services was incorporated 7/1/10. I find it interesting that two remarks have been posted praising RMS. One stated that her timeshare in Hawaii was sold a year before (prior to 7/1/10) by RMS. Then there is another posting trying to dispel concerns about RMS. What I find interesting is that if I were a satisfied client of RMS, I would have no reason to be perusing the Complaints Board about the company who brought about a miraculous sale. Then I found BBB now has 8 unresolved complaints. I contacted Delaware Dept of Licensing for Real Estate. When discussing my concerns, the woman gave me the name of Dave Smith, Division of Revenue, Finance Department, [protected], to discuss it with him. Efforts to contact John Pearson at Resorts Management Service have been unsuccessful.

Jg

More Resorts Management Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Dec, 2010

You have been scammed unfortunately. If you would like to pursue legal action to get your money back, please email me at "antiscamangel@gmail.com."

Fighting the good fight!

K

• La
      3rd of Feb, 2011

I got scammed out of $2399 by RMS. As they are in thee US & I am in Australia I am not sure if I can do anything about it or not. I am guessing not :( ...some people have no conscience

• Sc
      18th of Mar, 2011

10/21/10 I to was scammeed by RMS. I was told they had a buyer, with no refundable deposit. Legal service of $1978.00 was my part. I talked with Chris Walters several times asking many questions about there services. I went as far as giving them cc #, when I recieved e-mail contract, read thru it, was nothing like Chris had said. Refused to sign and e-mailed back. Called cc company and explained to them and canceled transaction & card. Recieved e-mailed conformation "At my request EchoSign has terminated the signature exchange for the RMS Agreement. The document has been deleted from all parties Echosign accounts." I also sent a letter of cancelation according to their contract within 7 days by certified mail. Chris called on 10/25/10 said "papers for sale were being sent out", I told him I had cancelled everything the 21st. Heard nothing more from him. In January of 2011 a charge from Martinez Man. Group for $1978.00( RMS ) was on cc statement. Called cc put in dispute. Haven't talked to RMS yet, 800-979-8222 disconneted, IMAGINE THAT.