Resort Reservation Services, LLC / Same company as VIP Travel

1 Cleveland, TN, United States Review updated:

Resort Reservation Services, LLC has taken over where VIP Travel left off. Scamming, scamming, scamming! I was unfortunately a member of VIP Travel, I complained numerous times about never receiving anything for my money. They called me three months later and said they found my request in a drawer, then they always said that there was never ANYTHING available to any of the destinations I wanted to travel for the next 6 months. I tried to cancel my membership and they said I was "locked in by my contract and my credit card would continue to be charged". Finally they went bankrupt 7/2008 and I thought I could write my $1916.76 wasted money off to bad experience. NOT YET! A company calling themselves Resort Reservations P.O. Box 2264 Columbia, SC 29201, has taken over where VIP Travel left off! Resort Reservation sent me a letter stating that they were a "vendor" of VIP Travel and were sorry about the bankruptcy but that they could offer me the same services at the same price. Imagine THAT! (Filed bankruptcy and opened up under another name, WOW employees have same names too!) I did not respond because I knew better this time than to get involved with this scam! They have taken my credit card number on my VIP Travel membership and started charging me under Resort Reservations name. I called them and told them I was not a member and have NEVER authorized them to charge my credit card and they said they "took over" VIP's accounts. I have argued with them for three months and they keep charging my credit card. I have had to close my credit card account to stop this fraud and they say they are going to ruin my credit by reporting my past due account to the credit bureau. I have now had to hire an attorney to sue them. If this is happening to you, call your state attorney general, the BBB, your attorney, and anyone else you can to put a stop to this company scamming everyone. Please read the complaints on the Internet about VIP Travel now Resort Reservation Services! You will regret getting involved with this company! TRUST ME! Been there, done that! Very expensive lesson too!

Comments

• Ho
      14th of May, 2009

I agree my wife and I were never notified about the company change, and we too are seeking recourse to get our money back. We are in the process of filing a complaint with the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs, we want to do any and everything legally to help ruin this company if they can dup people into forking over their hard earned money and not come through with their word of not providing their services then we as consumers should be able to do whatever it is legally to send them back into bankruptcy never to resurface as a travel agency again. We have spent over $5, 000 for a "Platinum Membership" which has been Platinum Bull ###! They haven't come through on anything and as my opinion goes they really aren’t competent enough to have employees, much less a so called travel agency!

• Sc
      19th of May, 2009

My husband and I have had the exact same experience in Naperville, IL, but by then the company renamed itself to "Elite Escapes." We are trying to "cancel" our membership, but it is next to impossible! We are trying to get our money back, but the cost of the attorney far exceeds the "membership" we paid. The BBB is a great avenue, but the way this scam apparently works, they change company names and solicit unsuspecting people who cannot google their name before going to the "seminar" because you don't get the full company name until you are there!

Beware! Huge, expensive scam.

• Bl
      3rd of Jun, 2009

My husband and I were notified of the change, which at the time was fine. When it came time for them to get one of the weeks we have ALREADY paid for, NOTHING! These folks want $1595 more for one week. HELLO! We have already paid for it! All we are supposed to pay according to the salesman was a annual "maintenance" fee of which is usually around $199- $300 depending on what is available. We are so disappointed in people. What has happened to this country?

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Totally agree! Hard lesson learned...didn't find out about how bad we had been "had" until we started trying to call the company to book our first "real" vacation in years. I had tried half-heartedly to use the company a couple of times when we where just going to go somewhere for the weekend but never followed thru when no one ever returned my calls and didn't really think about it, BUT NOW...we wanted to go on a SERIOUS vacation and are CRUSHED!!! Don't think there is any recourse in our case because we actually bought the package in September 2007! Don't guess our "deed that we can leave to our children" is any good except maybe to serve as reminder to them not to be as stupid as their parents!

• Ab
      8th of Jun, 2009

Same situation . We spent so much money for nothing . I want to ask if anybody had any luck getting their money back and if there is any justice.
    I filed complaint but recieved letter back, that since VIP filed bankruptcy their are protected and there is no chance I will get the money. If any of you did please share.
    I just recieved second notice I am due for annual fee from new RRS/VIP. My credit card account has been changed so they won't get the money, but what is next?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Naive from Asheville, NC

• Ak
      19th of Jun, 2009

RE: Credit Card Check Payment of $3, 596 Dated 3/10/08 To VIP Travel. My documentation and names of the representatives involved in South Carolina follows:

I joined 2/28/08 booked one trip and it was erroneously booked at the incorrect location. I was given a $300. credit for the inconvenience and told to take the trip because it was already paid for . I booked a second trip and it was a total mess (see email 8/08 to VIP explaining). During 2008 I tried calling to book my condo weeks and was not accommodated. I would send emails and make calls and receive no response from VIP. Then the email address was discontinued and some of the phone numbers were disconnected. I finally discovered in November, after calling all the numbers I could find on this company, that the company no longer exist or changed its name to RRS Travel. This company, claims no ties with VIP and will not honor any credit given to me by VIP.

This company RRS was even more difficult to reach. I sent emails requesting information on trips and would not receive a reply. By phone the representatives would complain that the office was a mess, computer were down, phone lines were a problem and they were moving in. They sounded like I was bothering them by calling. They promised to get back but would not. Weeks later a representative, Melissa, called and apologized for no one getting back to me. This representative then sends me an email with overpriced accommodations for the location that I had previously inquired about, which I received by email from a Stacy McNish at a much lower cost, but still high. When I emailed back to question the cost, I got no response. I tried calling again and again and requested to speak to the CEO or whoever runs the company. Was told, by Angela that the Manager Debbie would call me, but never did. I called again and spoke with Angela and she said she gave Debbie the message and does not know why she has not returned the call.

I then get a call from Universal Account Servicing, LLC requesting my credit card information to set up automated debits to them for RRS. I explained to them that I have not been able to book anything with RRS. The Account Company said that they would inform headquarters regarding my concerns. I continued to call requesting a Person in Charge, then left messages that I wanted a refund and out of this association of VIP or RRS or whoever they are.

Only after numerous calls a manger Robin Tillery calls and explains that I will not get any type of refund, the CEO Larry Lott is unavailable to speak to the members and the person Debbie Williams-Slack is the Vice President but not speaking to members either. The only way to contact them is send a letter to the address at her location (338 Springhill Farm Rd, Fort Mill, SC 29715). I informed Robin that the prices that I was quoted were extremely high to be considered a member price and that was the original agreement with VIP. Robin said that is probably why they went bankrupt. She offered to have a different representative contact me with lower quotes.

I asked why did I not receive any notification regarding the change in companies. Robin told me that a letter was sent out in November regarding the change in company to all members. I informed her that I never received it and requested a copy. She then emails a brochure of the new company RRS and no letter.

So, I have paid a total $3, 596 and I still hold a $300. credit form a Kathy Proffitt, Customer Service Manager of VIP travel. I was told that Kathy Proffitt still works there.

I would like to get what ever refund I can get and disassociate myself with this company.
    (Filed with BBB and Consumer Affairs, )

Sincerely, Baltimore, MD

• Nc
      24th of Jun, 2009

My husband and I have had a similar experience. When we booked our very first trip with VIP we gave them our credit card information to book the trip. They then charged our credit card for the trip and then used one of their credit cards to pay the hotel but then when we arrived at the hotel we were told that the credit card that was used for the reservation was no good & did we have another one. We were not able to get ahold of VIP because it was after 5 pm on a Friday & so we had to pay for the hotel again using our credit card & the hotel agreed to go ahead & let us pay what VIP had quoted to us. Then it took about 3 weeks to get them to refund our money.
    Every time that we tried to book a trip with them it took us a while to get back to us & we would be getting dangerously close to time to leave for our trip before they ever got back to us. So we were not at all surprised that they went backrupt.
    We too thought we would just write it off to a lesson learned but then we got a postcard from RRS in the mail last week saying that our credit card would be charged the annual membership fee so I called them to say that I did not have a membership with them & they said I did because they had bought VIP as well as some other company ( I don't remember the name of the other company they "bought").
    They said VIP was supposed to send out letters informing all of their members but they had received numerous complaints that they didn't.
    I am going to try to get my membership cancelled as well.

24th of Jun, 2009

let's get a Class Acton Law suit against Resort Resevations! From what I gathered from the Bankruptcy Courts in SC that is what another group of peoplr did against VIP, and the same needs to be done with and to Resort Resevations. I'm TIRED OF THESE JOKERS!!!

29th of Jun, 2009

These people are DIRTBAGS! Ditto to everything said above. They "took over" for VIP and continue to make charges despite not providing ANY service. They need to be given a room with Bernie Madoff!

• Ak
      30th of Jun, 2009

This is the response to my BBB complaint filed:

Complaint ID#: 34019170
    Business Name: Resort Reservation Services

The Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

The Better Business Bureau develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers about them.

If the company has contacted you in the interim, please notify the BBB immediately.

Sincerely,

Regina Diaz
    Senior Dispute Resolution Specialist
    BBB Complaint Department

• Bs
      11th of Jul, 2009

My husband and I were also victims of the VIP Travel Scam in Mooresville, NC in May 2007. My husband told them during the sales/closing session "If it is a good deal today, it will be a good deal tomorrow!" This statement gave us a chance to have 72 hours to cancel - but of course they never honored or recognized our cancellation that was made the very next day.

We thought our long ordeal with this bunch of criminals and con men was over. Unfortunately, they have reinvented themselves once again as RRS (after being sued and put out of business in bankruptcy court) and are now masquerading as Resort Reservation Services wanting an annual membership fee - that we will never pay and threatening to ruin our credit! A class action suit sounds great!

• Nc
      20th of Jul, 2009

My wife and I signed up with VIP travel in May 2007 in Mooresville, NC for a 5000.00 membership fee. We did book one vacation with them that year with no problems. In Sept or October, 2008 I got a letter from VIP telling me about a new improved website that I could have access to for only @ 200.00. Since I was not planning any vacations soon I just forgot about it. In July, 2009 I got a call from Robin with Resort Reservations Services telling me that VIP went bankrupt and that they had "taken over" for VIP. She of course was trying to get me to pay the 199.00 "annual service charge". After reading all of these complaints, I'm afraid that I too was taken in by VIP, but I'm not going to throw good money after bad. A class action suit sounds great!

21st of Jul, 2009

WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE AS WE KNOW TO REQUEST OR DEMAND A REFUND FROM THIS COMPANY PREFERABLY IN WRITING. AND THIS IS INFORMATION GIVEN TO ME FROM THE BBB HERE IN CHARLOTTE, NC WHO WILL BE HANDELING COMPLAINTS WHOSE CONTACT INFORMATION IS:
    BBB of the Southern Piedmont

TOLL FREE: (800) 922-1594
    FAX:(803) 734-4286
    E-MAIL: scdca@scconsumer.gov
    www.scconsumer.gov
    WE NEED SERIOUS PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO STAND UP FOR WHAT OUR MONEY WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE BROUGHT, AND STAND BY EACH OTHER UNTIL WE ALL BECOME EITHER SATISIFED CUSTOMERS, OR FULLY REFUNDED OUR MONEY!!!

• Bj
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I am also a victim of VIP scam tactics and just got off the phone with Resort Reservation Services. They tell me that they inherited the company after the owner of VIP had several strokes and could not keep up with the company. They again charged me $199 2 days ago even though I cancelled my membership in January 2008. I filed a complaint with the SC Dept of Consumer Affairs today. ALso received post card from this new company RRS and phoned them and received the above mentioned info. Expecting a call back from accounting on MOnday and let's hope that this will end the $199 charges. I already foolishly lost $2800 in membership and $199 for 2008 membership fee. Does anyone in the same boat know of a class action law suit against VIP?

7th of Sep, 2009

I have been trying to rally a group of people to do the same thing against Resort Reservations, but it seems that everyone is content to settle with losing money over and over again with this company and their way of transacting business. But yes there has been some type of class action suit against VIP but I'd like to deal with Resort Reservations, because they have brought out VIP or either changed their name and are conducting the same crooked business. So we my wife and I are alone until a group of us say enough is enough! And hold these people finically and morally responsible for taking our money and not delivering with their service(s).

31st of Mar, 2010

I too recently had a bad experience with VIP Travel HOWEVER, when I began working with Resort Reservation Services I havn't had a problem at all. I recently booked a trip to Hawaii.. paid $799 for the 3 bedroom condo at Pono Kai and didnt have any issues. I was very afraid to work with them but I do not believe they are the some company as VIP. I never would have received anything good from anything that came from VIP.

• Jj
      11th of Apr, 2010

To Not All Bad - My husband and I have just discovered the websites and telephone numbers are no longer any good. Do you mind sending your e-mail address or phone number so we can talk with you. This is our first time using the travel company since joining almost 2 years ago.

Thank you.
    Paula McGuire
    e-mail: Paula@PaulaMcGuire.com

• Se
      5th of May, 2010

I just got ripped off by Resort Reservations too. Unfortunately $6.95 for shipping and handling of information that ended up coming by email was just the beginning. Now I have also been charged $298-00 and $59.00 by Summer Bay Getaway and Great Vacations Now! I am still working to get my money back. Any suggestions you can email to:SueMaryPaul@aol.com Sure wish I never watched that paid programming program and got envolved. I have also filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau for all of the companies and various names they use.

• Me
      16th of May, 2010

Great Vacations Now are such a bunch of crooks, and the people who work for them are as equally thieves, rude and jerks. One thing you might be able to do do is dispute the charge with the fraud allegation, your bank or credit card company should be able to help you. I just did that myself. Another thing you should do is write or call the companies they are representing and let them know how this is affecting their credibility. Good luck.

• Kd
      11th of Dec, 2010

I was also scammed by VIP and rrs totaling over $3, 000.00. Class action law suit sounds good. Please contact me at daltongang2921@yahoo.com